Congratulations, Soul Mover!!!

• I just bought the new Modern Drummer, and found out that Chad Smith has won Best Rock Drummer in the 2007 readers' poll!!! His work on Stadium Arcadium is mentioned as is Glenn's MFTD and his playing on the Dixie Chicks' album. Congrats!!!! (And we all knew it already, right?)

John

• So, soulmover, I guess that makes you.........

:drummer: "The Beat of Rock.":drummer:

Congratulations to Glenn's godson's father :)

• Very cool, Chad. I've seen lots of drummers in my 100years of rock. LOL. I have to say I was blown smooth away by you in L.A.

I've seen some great drummers that are just too much, but you are somehow flashy and technical and fun to watch while still being ultimately supportive and .....driving...all rolled up into a nice guy. Pretty awesome combination, and a well deserved award. If you get tired of playing with Glenn and the Chili Peppers, I'm trying to come out of retirement in Cut & Shoot, Texas. You can play twice as many solos? Three times? LOL
    :thumbup:

• Well done Soul Brother.

Its not till you him Chad live you realise just how good he is.
    Somehow that raw power is toned down on recordings.

Next album with Glenn we want the kind of mix we heard in LA.

• Its not till you him Chad live you realise just how good he is.

Absolutely agree!!!
    it's not only his awesome powerful palying but his contagious attitude and spirit. I've seen many different gigs, well sure not so many as most of you, but I've never seen someone enjoying so much what he is doing as he does and everybody can feel (and enjoy) that

Congratulations Mr Smith!!!! you really deserved it!! :claphands :claphands :claphands

Yep, definitely one of the best of the best! :bow: :cool:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Its always nice to be recognised by your peers for doin your thing.
    Im so lucky to work with such talented people that make me sound good!
    As papa sez.."we were born to play with each other"
    sounds kinky huh?!!

i really appreciate all the nice comments...you guys and gals are the best!!! :thumbup:

• Congratulations Chad !!!
    And welcome to France as you will be visiting us soon....Unfortunately, I will not be there but I wish you a great gig :thumbup:
    Lots of love from the French riviera
    Nathalie and the Frenchie family :cool:

Next album with Glenn we want the kind of mix we heard in LA.

Well said Wolfy. First time I saw Chad with Glenn in Orlando I was in awe and have been since then. When heard live , Chad Smith has no equal..you are incredible.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• having not yet been fortunate enough to see glenn live yet:( (not for lack of effort on my part) , i can only speak of the rhcp shows i've seen, and i was always astounded, :bow: !

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!