Whisky, Hollywood Pix & Report

• Shirean and I managed to attend the Soundcheck earlier this afternoon - both GLENN and Chad were in top form as always, and we look forward to this evening's show :cool:

Here are a couple of brief pix and clips - enjoy :cool:

Whisky A Go Go

ghwhisky060207-1.jpg

ghwhisky060207-2.jpg

Chad and GLENN

ghwhisky060207-3.jpg

Chad, GLENN and Jeff Kollman

ghwhisky060207-4.jpg

Chad Smith

ghwhisky060207-5.jpg

• Bloody hell - what a gig! Again Chad Smith brings out the best in Glenn - an unbelievable performance by both. Although not the best venue in the world.....the sound was almost perfect for the band.

Might of forgot one or two but here's the setlist, as I remember it :)

The Valiant Denial - Orion - Land Of The Livin' - Mistreated - You Got Soul - This Time Around - Gettin' Tighter
    Don't Let Me Bleed - Steppin' On - You Keep On Moving

Encore
    Soul Mover - Burn

It was great to see so many GHCP's all in one spot, from as far a field as the UK, Japan, Thailand and other far flung places :D

Here are a couple more pix and clips - can't wait for New York now :cool:

GLENN and Chad

ghwhisky060207-6.jpg

Jeff Kollman and Chad

ghwhisky060207-7.jpg

GLENN, Jeff and Chad

ghwhisky060207-8.jpg

Some GHCP's :cool:
    (Rear) Ko, Fedor, Marc Fevre, JohnH
    (Front) David & Shirean, Chip, Todd, Wolfysmith

ghwhisky060207-9.jpg

• Awesome!!!!

David, Shirean -- cant wait to see you guys! We're flying this AM to NY and staying in Brooklyn with friends. We cant wait to see the show!...... See all you GHCP'ers soon....:clapper:

Carolyn & Kenny

• DAVID MANY THANKS FOR EVERYTHING
    WHAT YOU DOING FOR ALL OF US HERE :bow: :bow: :bow:
    I WISH I COULD BE THERE WITH ALL OF YOU :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    BUT I AM SHURE THAT ONE DAY IT WILL HAPPEN :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:ghcp:

• Though I battling a bad summer cold, my wife and I will in NYC, Leaving tonight (Sunday) from southern PA. Can't wait, man.

That's The Way It Is

Graham
    Chambersburg, PA, USA

• Aahhh, so thats what you all look like - damn handsome bunch you are too with a rose in the middle eh Shirean!!!! :thumbup: :lol: :D :)

• Well, after seeing the clips, I feel worse about not being able to make the trip. Wish I coulda been there!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!! :thumbup: I got a taste of what it was like to be there, and I'm left hoping that the midwest appears on Glenn's tour date list sometime soon, or at least my personal calendar allows me to make the next US dates! Looks like everyone had a great time in LA, and NY should be a blast, as well :claphands :claphands :claphands

Looks like Glenn was in top form, too. Of course, there is little doubt about that, EVER!

Tom

• Holy F!!!David YOU kill me.. both the pic's and clips!!! My blood is racing!! only a few hours, per say, before Glenn in New York!!!

Here I am this silly sod, thinking... what do I wear, do I take the train... Motorcycle.. Hot Rod... I know I don't want to be limited by the trian.. last out of Grand Central is like 12-1... Looking cool in either other car, does me no good in the club.. not to mention the parking... I won't drink... much... to make that a problem.. I must say very Nice Problems to have!!

Folks I am looking forward to seeing you all!! Thanks again to all for keeping this part of my life so alive! I my not be the best poster... but I read almost daily!!!!

Scott

st

• Aahhh, so thats what you all look like - damn handsome bunch you are

Most of them look kind of SCARY-LOOKING to me, Chris.

I think that I've seen a few of those faces printed on milk cartons.
    (Have you seen this criminal ~ report to your local police.)

ANOTHER........GHCP picture for my refrigerator :)

axmuremoticon.gif

• :heart: Thanks for the great pictures and clips, David!! :clapper:

Glenn must be happy and proud that his music brings together such wonderful people from all over the world!
    Hey, GHCP's you look great! ;) No doubt the show was perfect and you had the time of your lives!!! ;)

Cheers!

• Now THAT was a show! It was so great to see all of our fellow GHPG loons at the show...let's see, there was Roger & Susan, JohnH, Chip, Paul, myself, Ko, Steve, Mike Moore, Marc Fevre, Fedor, David & Shirean, Vinnis and probably a few other lurkers I'm missing. In case you missed the group photo of a few of us, here it is again...(I'm the one in the Christmas hat, Paul's holding the camera, Chip's making a face and Shirean's on the end. You can figure out the rest. LOL)

:) ;) :D :p :cool: :bow: :clapper: :thumbup: :eek: :bouncer: :camera: :bouncer2: :cool1: :erte1: :biggrinsa :hi5: :lips:

Glenn and the band were on fire, no doubt about it. They played a set compiled from the last couple albums and dug into the Deep Purple treasure chest for some other choice nuggets. Time is always an issue, of course, so he can't necessarily play a dream set list. But I would like to have seen Glenn give a nod to another couple albums from his solo catalog, and maybe throw in something by Trapeze, in lieu of a Purple tune or two.

Glenn was all smiles throughout the set, which was great to see. He seemed taken aback by the audience response, which may have been a little more than he expected. What can I say, it's been a long time since Big Daddy graced a US stage with a proper solo show!

Chad was a locomotive behind the drum kit, snapping sticks and sending them flying every few minutes. It's obvious he enjoys playing with Glenn's band immensely. They jammed at every opportunity, alternating between funk and fury.

Jeff Kollman blazed away on guitar, and I'm more impressed with him every time I see him. He's definitely dug his niche in the band, and lays down some wicked grooves with Big Daddy.

Ed Roth seems to be the glue that binds the rest of the band together, weaving textures and accenting the songs with just the right keyboard touches.

"Burn" was the last song of the evening, and it's a song that thrills me each and every time I hear it. It rumbles along like a freight train down hot greased rails, careening through guitar and keyboard solos with reckless abandon, all driven by the screaming mad engineers of GH and Chad, leering crazily as they pour on the steam. Astounding to see and hear!

Notable guests seen lurking the venue at one time or another included Aussie Deep Purple promoter Drew Thompson, ex-Giuffria/Dio guitarist Craig Goldy, ex-AC/DC / Dio / UFO drummer Simon Wright and Keith Emerson.

OK, East Coasters - gear up for the Stormbringer himself - Big Daddy's coming your way!

Cheers...Todd

• In case you missed the group photo of a few of us, here it is again...
    (I'm the one in the Christmas hat, Paul's holding the camera,
    Chip's making a face and Shirean's on the end. You can figure out the rest. LOL)

:) ;) :D :p :cool: :bow: :clapper: :thumbup: :eek: :bouncer: :camera: :bouncer2: :cool1: :erte1: :biggrinsa :hi5: :lips:

Yeah, that's more like it.
    THEM.................I recognize.

Todd,
    Is it possible to transmit electricity through a posted message?
    Your post did a pretty good job of it.
    So Glenn gave everybody the 'ole GH razzle-dazzle, huh?
    God bless 'im.
    "Gettin' better" all the time.

And I agree 100% with your comments about "Burn."
    (Especially with the steamroller / engineer comparison.)
    It never sounds dated; it never gets stale.
    One of the few songs that I never get tired of listening to.
    Unlike some of today's garbage, "Burn" has a shelf life of forever.

And I hope that the 3 cowboys from Texas (actually 2 1/2)
    had a great time, too.

Thanks for the report.......................

axmuremoticon.gif

• :thumbup:

And the video clips are superb! :claphands

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Electricity...
    I can almost feel it.... ;)
    Looks and sounds great! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Anyone took a picture with Keith Emerson...? :eek:

Oh, and congrats to your 800th posting, Shirl! :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• If they come anywhere near your town. It was an absolute electric show.....words fail me really.....some have come close in description but I guess you really had to be there....and glad I was...even if I was only able to spend a few minutes getting to know the GHCP that were there....we need to do that again!!!:clapper:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!