New - TTA: An Anthology 1970-2007

• David..it's alright.

But look on Amazon.com under "Glenn Hughes" under item nr. 38.
    There you'll see.
    The same item is for pre-order also on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.ca.

Have a look.

Michael

• Ahh yes, that is new and it will be coming very soon - a new compilation, fully endorsed by GLENN, in fact, he picked the tracks - a 2-CD package. Will be out in the UK around mid-August. It'll be a European only release, so available on import everywhere else.

https://www.ghpg.net/ctc/shop/music…his_Time_Around

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/33…07/Product.html

Will have more detail, nearer the time.

• So whose friend is Search now...? ;)

douze points pour Michel!

:D
    Christian

P.S. I'm still looking for the Japanese The God Of Voice Compilation btw., so if anyone has a spare copy, please let me know... :)

MEDUSA

• hi, i may be doing what i usually do, and looking to hard and missing it, but i cant find a track listing on those websites, does anyone know if there is one? thanks, helena

:bouncer2: :bouncer: :bouncer2: :bouncer:

• The Deep Purple Appreciation Society, has a news item concerning a new Glenn Hughes compilation for later this year.

It will cover his whole career from the Trapeze days through to his latest CD, including some Deep Purple and other projects.

With some 35 tracks over 2 CD`s.

Does anyone know any more about this?

Is this a stop gap until his latest solo Cd comes out in 2008 or something to promote hopefully on a long promised UK tour in Autumn.

• Does anyone know any more about this?

Is this a stop gap until his latest solo Cd comes out in 2008 or something to promote hopefully on a long promised UK tour in Autumn.

See above IAIN - the new solo album is currently scheduled for Spring '08 and soon after that, you can certainly expect a few UK appearances in support of it :cool:

• Thanks David, is there any news on the track listing as none of the regular online dealers have details on the content yet.

Lets hope there is some new or bonus material for us Glenn Hughes fanatics as we have probably got all these tracks before in some shape or form.

• See above IAIN - the new solo album is currently scheduled for Spring '08 and soon after that, you can certainly expect a few UK appearances in support of it :cool:

UK dates? Im praying it happens! just not on a sunday, when the trains are crap, or somewhere easy to get to, tho london is about the closest place for gigs for me. If only they'd do a festival type thing at knebworth house again, a mere 7 and a half miles away. sorry to ramble and go off the point ;)

:bouncer2: :bouncer: :bouncer2: :bouncer:

• Here's the current list of songs planned for the GLENN HUGHES - This Time Around: An Anthology 1970-2007
    2-disc release, set for August in Europe.....on import elsewhere.

https://www.ghpg.net/ctc/shop/music…his_Time_Around

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/33…07/Product.html

Tracks may be added/changed, but more details will follow soon :cool:

Disc 1
    Medusa
    You Are The Music
    Sail Away
    Holy Man
    You Can't Do It Right
    Gettin' Tighter
    LA Cut Off
    I Found A Woman
    Muscle And Blood
    Reach For The Sky
    No Stranger To Love
    So Much Love To Give
    Burn (Live)
    Coast To Coast (Live)

Disc 2
    Coffee And Vanilla
    I Don't Want To Live That Way Again
    The Way It Is
    Curse
    Double Life
    Midnight Meditated
    Can't Stop The Flood
    Don't Let It Slip Away
    Secret Life
    Dark Star
    Soul Mover
    Dopamine
    Steppin' On

• What a fantastic cover (sleeve). Classy - like our man :cool:

This is definitely one for the car :D

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• If you took six people...let me just use John Harjo, Todd, Chip, Frank Cinella, Shirl and Wolfy as an example...and asked them to write down their song picks for a Glenn Hughes anthology, enough to fill two discs, you would get six very different lists. Oh sure, there would be some common denominators among them....and I think we know what songs they would be ;)

And therein lies the rub. What is a compilation supposed to do? Is it a collection thrown together, maybe with a few B-sides or unreleased cuts to stuff the racks at holiday time? Is it a mop up job by a label when an artist moves to another label? And no matter what, you are never going to please the die hard fans no matter how you try; so don't sweat the load...there will always be a voice in the wilderness crying out; "HEY!! how come they didn't include Rucka Rucka or Humma Humma?"

I look over the song list here and am very pleased....who better to select the line up than Glenn himself? Every CD is visited....every facet of the diamond that is Glenn Hughes.you get the whole cross section; the rock, funk and soul that is Big Daddy!

You know what a great anthology is supposed to do? After blowing your mind, it will get you up off your ass and down to the nearest music shop 'cause you can't wait to get your hands on the back catalogue!!

That is what an anthology is supposed to do. And This Time Around DELIVERS!!!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• "HEY!! how come they didn't include Rucka Rucka or Humma Humma?"

:mad: Yeah, that's what I want to know! :mad:
    :mad: And they forgot "The Plunka Plunka Polka," too! :mad:

That being said..........:lol:

I'm just sorry that there weren't
    STACKS AND STACKS AND STACKS AND STACKS
    of this new GH Anthology CD, already available for exiting fans,
    as they left the Whiskey in Los Angeles, or BB Kings in New York.

----> Who's Glenn Hughes?
    ----> Walk into random LA / NY nightclub.
    ----> Listen to "our boy" perform live.
    ----> Buy all available copies of "This Time A.......round."

Timing.
    Timing........and publicity.

axmuremoticon.gif

• Bill, i think your post is perfect. this is a well thought out selection by Glenn.

Of course i would have chosen enough for a triple cd!

And there is nothing from From Now On. I would choose Pickin Up The Pieces or Walkin on the Water.

And since you ask Bill, of Glenn's selection i would change the Gary Moore track for All Messed Up instead.

I fact i just got out his solo cds to see what i would change and i realise it would have to be a 4cd set!

Overall though, from a hard core follower, this is a good selection to get the casual fan interested in his immense and superb back catalogue.

In fact he could release an anthology of non solo work with his work with JLT, PT and Iommi.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Hey Wolfy,

I did goof when I said ALL his CD's were covered on the anthology...Now I could have edited my post..but better to fess up! ;)

Back in 1997, before I had a computer (The Dark Ages!!) I put together a chronological collection of Glenn's material for my friend John Williamson. I started with "Send Me No More Letters" and ended with "I Don't Want To Live That Way Again"..and I filled up 2 100 minute cassettes. I covered Trapeze, DP, Gary Moore,Black Sabbath and even the Wizzard's Convention along the way.

Hmm..and how many CD's has Glenn released since "Addiction"? ;) :cool: Your 4-CD proposed list is certainly on the money!!

If I had to toss a coin....Walkin' On The Water would get the nod! :thumbup:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I look over the song list here and am very pleased....who better to select the line up than Glenn himself? Every CD is visited....every facet of the diamond that is Glenn Hughes.you get the whole cross section; the rock, funk and soul that is Big Daddy!

I liked this part of your post very much, Bill! Very appropriate comparison - YES, GLENN IS A DIAMOND!!

Well said! :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!