Whitesnake Live in Japan 1984 on DVD

• Apparantly a semi- if not illegal release.... Amazon in Germany are only offering it via Marketplace sellers, Play.com in the UK has yet listed it with a June release date, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Whitesnake, Live in Japan 1984 is now available on DVD from a company called Masterplan - looks like a German release.

The same company has put out Led Zep's Earls Court 1975 show recently.

While I have only heard about the Zep release, I actually bought a copy of the Whitesnake DVD yesterday, a cheapo for € 9,99 funnily enough with the (almost) current line-up (Mendoza on bass) on the cover (:mad: what were they thinking, or were they thinking at all, actually?????? :huh:), but obviously a transfer from the Japanese Laserdisc of Live in Japan 1984 on the disc, including the interview bits, back- and offstage footage from the Tour of the Coverdale, Sykes, Powell, Murray line-up - Mel Galley very unfortunately being absent, we all know why.

Richard Balley (sic!), that should be Bailey I guess is listed playing keyboards but not seen on or off stage!?
    :confused:

Still, it's an okay transfer and very enjoyable to watch....
    :cool:

Cover scans attached...
    It's an ALL Regions NTSC disc btw.

Cheers,
    Christian

• Hi Christian
    Found it over at 'deepurplehub' as:

Whitesnake - Kings Of The Day
    Live In Tokyo 12. Aug. 1984

Opening
    Gambler
    Guilty Of Love
    Love Ain't No Stranger
    Ready And Willing
    Slow An' Easy
    Crying In The Rain
    Guitar Solo
    Soldier Of Fortune
    Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City
    Don't Break My Heart Again
    Backstage
    Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues

Length: 65 min
    Source: Pro shot
    TV system: NTSC

The cover art indicates its produced by 'Langley' & would seem to have the correct band line-up on the cover.

Meanwhile, Play.com(UK) advertises this:

Whitesnake - Live in Japan

£13.99 Delivered

RRP: £18.99 | You save: £5.00 (26%)
    Pre-order | Due for release on 30/07/2007

• Sounds fake to me. There is so much pro shot stuff and artists just sit on it while they are getting ripped off. They should just put it out for real. Sad for the fans, sad for the artists.

John

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!