Kavarna, Bulgaria Spring 2007 Pix & Report

• According to local media in Kavarna....

Bulgarian and Romanian fans of rock music went to a concert of GLENN HUGHES in Kavarna. More than 2,000 people rushed to the Bulgarian coastal town to hear the world famous rock star. The concert was organized by the municipality on the occasion of the town’s holiday, May 6th. The excited fans called for an encore a few times. During the concert Hughes expressed his commitment to the fate of the Bulgarian nurses sentenced to death in Libya.

6 May 2007 | FOCUS News Agency

GLENN HUGHES to work for Bulgarian nurses’ release

“I am happy that I have been conferred the title “Honorary citizen of Kavarna”, the world famous rock star GLENN HUGHES said in an interview with FOCUS-Varna Radio. The main reason of his visit to Bulgaria is related to the cause of the release of five Bulgarian nurses who face death penalty over charges of having deliberately infected Libyan children with HIV. Hughes said that he intended to make the cause popular among his colleagues. He added other rock stars and him planed to organize a concert in support of the nurses.

Информационна Агенция "Фокус"
    Информационна Агенция "Фокус" е единствената българска информационна агенция, която разпространява новини на български и английски език в продължение на 24…
    focus-fen.net
  • HELLO TO EVERYBODY HERE :) :):)

I JUST DROPPIN BY TO TELL YOU THAT GLENN'S CONCERT IN KAVARNA TODAY WAS AMAZING GREAT :singer: :bow: :singer:

THE CITY SQUARE WAS FULL:):):)

TOMORROW I WILL POST THE SET LIST,SO YOU CAN SEE WHICH SONGS GLENN WAS SING:):):)

ALSO VERY SOON I WILL POST A LOT OF PICTURES:):):)

I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO GLENN'S BULGARIAN AND ROMANIAN FANS FROM "GHPG" :bow: :bow: :bow:

I WAS ORGANIZE A MEETING BETWEEN GLENN AND THEM, AND GLENN WAS VERY HAPPY FROM THAT MEETING WITH HIS FANS:):):)

I HAVE NO WORDS TO EXPLAIN HOU MUCH I AM HAPPY TO WORK WITH GLENN:):):)

TOMORROW WE WILL GO TO SOFIA FOR TWO DAYS AND AFTER THAT WE WILL GO TO SERBIA:):):)

SO VERY SOON I WILL POST A REPORT FROM SERBIAN GIG:):):)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE GREAT CONCERT DEAR GLENN, AND ALSO FOR YOUR AND GABI FRIENDSHIP-I LOVE YOU:):):)

DANI

:ghcp:

• The performance was extraordinary yesterday.

Glenn cut the ribbon for the inauguration of the portrait on the building, had some photos and a brief press conference and then on with the music! Great play list, including "Keep on Moving", "Soul Mover", "Steppin' On", "This Time Around" and of course "Burn".

We were there with a small group of 10 people from Romania and we had the fantastic chance to meet Glenn, Gabi and the rest of the team in person and also obtained the promise of a future concert in Romania next year.

You can see some of the photos here: http://community.webshots.com/album/558953892rPVxcI (including the buildings with Billy Idol, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes) :)

According to local media in Kavarna.....

6 May 2007 | FOCUS News Agency

GLENN HUGHES to work for Bulgarian nurses’ release

Wow! It's so impressive to see that we are mentioned also in the press! :) thank you!

Roxana

• The concert was more than excellent!!I won't say that Glenn is an amazing singer/musician because I'm sure you all know it ;) but I understood that he's one of the sweetest people I've ever met..I was one of the lucky people,who had the opportunity to meet him personally-this was one of the most beautiful moments in my life!! Thank you, Glenn for the fanstastic moments and the amazing show you and your band made!!

and of of course,I'd like to thank DANI CALIFORNIA for everything she made for us!!dani,you're a great person..thanks very much-we appreciate everything you did :thanx:

GLENN HUGHES!!!

In deep grief...

• http://standartnews.com/en/article.php?d=2007-05-08&article=4521

• Hello, fellow forumers!

I was away for a couple of days because I WAS IN KAVARNA AND I ATTENDED GLENN'S PERFORMANCE THERE!!! IT WAS GREAT!!! GLENN SANG FANTASTICALLY, JJ MARSH WAS GREAT TOO. I WILL NOT REPEAT THE WORDS OF THE OTHERS WHO WROTE BEFORE ME. EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER ATTENDED GLENN'S LIVE SHOW KNOWS HOW WONDERFUL IT IS.

:clapper:

MY WEEKEND WAS INCREDIBLE, FILLED WITH BEAUTIFUL EMOTIONS. ABOVE ALL AFTER THE SHOW I HAD THE CHANCE (thanks to Dani California) to meet GLENN PERSONALLY AND I HELD HIS HAND. THE FEELING WAS GREAT, WE EXCHANGED A FEW WORDS. EVEN THOUGH WE WERE TOGETHER FOR A VERY SHORT TIME I FELT THAT HE WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON, VERY KIND AND LOVING! IN OTHER WORDS THIS WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS IN MY LIFE! I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IT!

:) :) :)

SOON I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES FROM THE SHOW.

• Hello again!

A few minutes ago finished the interview with Glenn on the Bulgarian Radio Mila Gold. The interview was more than an hour long, with lots of his music played maybe for the first time on Bulgarian radio.

He spoke about a lot of things - from his first steps in music to the way he writes music now. It was very interesting, frank and revealing interview. I wish all of you could hear it!

Maybe Dani will tell us more about it, because she was with Glenn. He promised us that he WILL BE BACK!

Glenn, thank you and you must know that we love you very, very much!!

As I am writing these words the radio plays 'Holy Man', maybe for the tenth time today!

• Hi,

just a question. Who were the members of Glenn's band?

Thanks and Cheers

Pere

• Who were the members of Glenn's band?

For this Kavarana, Bulgaria gig....it was Anders Olinder (keys), JJ Marsh (guitar) and Matt Goom (Drums).

Anders and JJ you're no doubt familar with, but Matt is not a total stranger, as you may remember him as the host of the Drum Clinic both GLENN and Chad Smith participated in a couple of years ago. He is the founder and owner of the Norwich Drum Academy in Norwich, England - you can checkout his music at these links:

http://www.norwichdrumacademy.com

http://www.myspace.com/mattgoom

http://www.myspace.com/fallenikarus

Now, if you were a CTC Subscriber you would have heard about this a few days ago ;) :D :cool:

• You can now find some more pix over at kavarna.pro-rock.net :cool:

Picture Courtesy: kavarna.pro-rock.net

KAVARNA CELEBRATES HOLIDAY WITH
    GLENN HUGHES
    [May 09, 2007]
    The place is Kavarna, the mayor is Tsonko Tsonev: the man who made Bulgaria, to many a big name in rock music, not just a stop on their tours but a place to remember and love.

It has become a tradition already for the concert season in the Sea Rock Capital to start on the town's holiday, May 6. This year Glenn Hughes was guest in Kavarna for the third time. The visit was particularly memorable for the ex vocalist of DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH. Minutes before noon he was the second musician after Ronnie James Dio to unveil, symbolically, his portrait on one of the apartment blocks in Kavarna. From then on, there was no rest for the Voice of Rock; in the presence of the municipal councilors he became honorary citizen of Kavarna, the population of which increased by one person, to cite Tsonko Tsonev. Besides the title insignia, Glenn Hughes received an icon of St George as a gift and, a few minutes later on the stage in the central square, he was awarded an honorary diploma by the mayor himself. After that Glenn gave one of his excellent concerts, playing for more than an hour and a half mainly tracks from his DEEP PURPLE period, as well as from his solo albums. Before Glenn, the audience enjoyed the performance of NONA YOTOVA BAND, which included – besides the remarkable front lady – Ivan Lechev (FSB) on guitar and Kalin Velyov on drums.

After Glenn Hughes's set and a short brake the concert day proceeded with the opening of a photo exhibition, “Concerts in Bulgaria”, consisting of 40 photos of 24 Chasa and Trud dailies' photographers, Tsvetomir Trankov and Zornitsa Lyubcheva. About 3 p.m. Mr Hughes, Tsonko Tsonev, the authors of the pictures and Kamen Vodenicharov, whose idea the exhibition was, presented the open-air gallery, which will remain in Kavarna for two weeks and will then be shown in other Bulgarian cities and towns.

• Thanks everyone for the great pictures and reports, Glenn looks like he's having a lot of fun - look forward to hearing more about it :thumbup:

• Thanks everyone for the great pictures and reports, Glenn looks like he's having a lot of fun - look forward to hearing more about it :thumbup:

Yes indeed, Paul. Glenn was in a very good mood, he enjoyed himself very much. All the time he communicated with the audience, asked us how we felt and kept saying he loved us. It was fantastic, unforgetable expirience!! I am extremely happy that I was there!

:clapper:

• Thanks so much for sharing your experiences :cool1: and for the great shots :camera:... LOVE the image of Glenn on the building - would love to see that on a building in my town! :cool: :cool:

... and so good to see JJ again - like seeing a brother come home :rose:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• this is so cool to see and people on here got to go see glenn play again -great pics from everyone - :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands -shirl your right that painting on the building is breath taking :eek: :eek: - david the new way to click on the pics to enlarge them kicks ass :bow: :bow: :bow:

• Was it in May 2007? Maybe I missed something...But wasn't JJ not in the band at that moment? Excuse me, for my stupid questions!!! How long JJ was not in the band?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!