Shirl, please don't die and go to heaven.....just yet !

• Hey Shirl,
    I wasn't aware that I was in that photograph with Glenn, and I didn't know that it would appear here, but since the secret is out...... kindly notice that Glenn is writing an autograph for someone, oops, it's the one I asked him to write, for you.

I'm still in Oviedo, near Orlando, and will drive home to New Jersey this weekend. Hopefully, I'll mail you a package/parcel with lots 'O stuff in it, during the coming week.
    So please try not to croak,,,,until then, OK?

The show was spectacular, Glenn at his best, and Gabrielle was lovely to everyone. You'll see for yourself, when GH does a show in the UK.

Please let me know what Spencer is talking about: I'm a limmer? pommy bastard? jammy sod?
    I should be insulted, right?????

Hey, take care of yourself, Shirl......stay healthy and "mind the Post" (whatever that means)................Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hi Grace,

I can translate that word ligger.....having been a Kerrang Magazine fan in the 80s....It was usually applied to Whitesnake bassist Neil Murray, who would show up at all the gigs just to hang out and enjoy the party and free booze. There was even a lig column in the magazine! So a lig is a party at a gig....and a ligger is someone who goes to all these gigs for the parties. It's an affectionate term not meant to be derogatory...usually said in friendly terms.

JH

• Thanks John, for the explanation.

Too bad that these Brits can't speak English, huh? Actually, I frequently e-mail "New York-ese" to Chris, and he writes back in an alleged "Scottish accent". How we understand each other.....I have no clue. But Chris knows that if he REALLY insults me, he will get NO MORE CANNOLIS FROM Balducci's in New York.(Heh,heh.)

By the way, I always thought that Neil Murray was a great bassist, whatever group/project he's been involved with, (WS, BS). PLUS, we share the same birthday!!!! Thanks again...

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hi Grace....David here.....hey...you left one of the autographed papers that Glenn signed for Chris Spencer on the table.....I went looking for you...but couldn't track you down...so picked it up....if you or Chris are reading this...shoot me your mailing address and I'll forward it on.

Great meeting you....it was certainly a special night...hope to see you again soon.

• L knw that Grace would be a great ligger as she shares the same birthday as Neil 'Ligger of the Year 1980 - 1990'Murray !!!

Glad y'all had a great time !!!

• David............

Please send me your e-mail address.
    All my paperwork is back homein Jersey.
    Sorry to inconvenience you, by forgetting
    the paperwork. Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hello Grace - thanks for the lovely message and for thinking of me - again! I hope you had a safe and oh-so-smiley trip home to NJ. So I've an autograph coming my way, eh?

There are so many dialects and accents over here, but I love every one. Chris likes to use his 'Scottish-ese' as you put it. Jammy sod is quite a northern term though I don't use it, but it basically means you're one lucky motherf***** (Shirl-ese).

Thanks, Tootsie. Glad you enjoyed the gig so much - have yet to meet Gabi but sure it will be worth the wait.

Speak soon. x

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Aye hens, I doo like tae put a wee bit of scottish / glasgee in mi emials, ken whorramean !!!

Pity I am an Englishman, sorry, Yorkshire man in exile (no compaints tho!!).

As for the canneloni Grace- no more shortbread for you hen !!!!!!!

• Message to Shirl:
    Sorry that you saw the photo of Glenn signing the autographs, but if you can read "upside-down"....one of them is yours. But you still don't know of the other goodies I have planned for your parcel, so you'll have to wait for the rest of the surprise, anyway. Heh, heh.

Message to Chris:
    Hey Spencer, once again....pay attention:
    Cannoli (ka-no-lee)
    Canneloni is meat and pasta.
    Too much haggis turns your brain to......haggis.

axmuremoticon.gif

• Bless you, girlfriend. Sure I'll be able to return the favour when he comes back 'home' in the autumn...

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!