Glenn triumphant at Classics in Rock

• Big Daddy reigns in Rotterdam,

Glenn was magnificent at the Ahoy Arena - he actually headlined the main part of the show coming on after an impressive Chris Thompson and John Waite and a disappointing Jon Anderson and Graham Bonnet.

Tracks were;

Whiter Shade of Pale (sublime)
    Mistreated (complete with Orchestra and vocal solo)
    Burn

Our Man later returned to the stage to sing 'Smoke on the Water' much to the delight of the crowd in the second part of the show.

Jeff & Anders accompanied him also. His voice was amazing as always and the sound in the arena was absolute perfection.

Now its time to get the Funk out at Shepherds Bush!!

Stay Fun(ky)
    Mikey D

• Hey Mikey,

I totally agree with your statement. Glenn ruled Ahoy tonight and Jeff Kollman was on fire too.

It was a wonderful feeling the band got a such a great reaction from the audience. I think Glenn got himself a few more new fans.

About 9.500 people showed up for this show.

The whole show was filmed by a proffesional film crew. It would't surprise me if this gets released on DVD.

• Glenn's genius showed througout tonight.

Nobody, No-body came even close to his singing, musicianship and particpation with the crowd.Everybody loved him, it was a joy to be in the public and witness the positive roar that was arising within !

Glenn built respect and credit in the first part of the show and by the time he hit the stage again for the second part he had the chords for "Smoke On The Water" blasted out brilliantly by Jeff Kolmann and simply took the roof of the building...Big smiles all around, difficult to discribe, but definitely a strong vibe was going down...This was the finale ladies and gentleman, nothing much happened after Glenn...Think he should repeat the game but headline and close the game...stunning.

Big daddy is flying and I'd cut of an arm to attend the London gig but unfortunately I can't have it all...Thanks Glenn for a unforgettable evening.

• ....yes it IS true...Glenn was like the main act!

-Chris Thompson got on first, a great voice
    -John Waite was next...in very fine shape
    -Jon Anderson, a sweet man, played some sweet songs...but hey this is Classic ROCK..owner of a lonely heart worked pretty well with the orchestra though!
    -Graham Bonnet, played rock but the man might be getting too old.
    -Glenn stepped on to the stage...no bass...started out with 'WHITER SHADE OF PALE' (Glenn had to wait for some keyboards issues to be sorted out, but promised the crowd it would be fantastic)
    And so it was! After that MISTREATED (with bass now) with the full orchestra treatment. Glenn truly blew 8000 people away with his vocal gymnastics towards the end. After that it was 'time to rock' with BURN

then we got a little break after which Dutch Classic Rockers took the stage of which I have to mention 3/4 of VANDENBERG (with Bert Heerink vox, Jos Zoomer dr and Dick Kemper bs but without Ad Vandenberg, sob, sob, instead we got a guitar combo of Ted Oberg, Arjen 'Ayreon' Lucassen and Danny Lademacher-ex-Herman Brood) and Michel van Dyke (of Alquin fame) who went through the same 'dark' period as Glenn did.

After this Dutch Invasion, the international classic rockers came back with a song or 2 for each. Glenn came back and tore the roof off with SMOKE ON THE WATER

What a change since the first time i saw Glenn play in 1994 at Vlietpop (Leidschendam, The Hague); a free open air festival in The Netherlands for a crowd of 25 people in 1994.

Triumphant Indeed!

Also a praise must go out to the 2 background singers whose size of voices could only be matched by the size of ones pregnant belly and the other's ones 'thunderthighs'

The show started at 8 pm and finished at 11.30 pm!!

• Indeed Glenn was, as always incredible. Smole on the water was not my thing but the crowd begged for it.

Glenn sure did win some hearts en souls.

Here 3 pictures and 2 bad video shots.

• Hi Y'all!

I've been a fan of Glenn for a long time, but finally I signed in on GHPG.net... So this is my first apperance here! ;)

Yesterdayevening, Rotterdam - Holland; Classics in Rock...
    It was great!! But Glenn was SIMPLY AMAZING!! I was in total extacy during his performance.... We were in front row, so first class view! His voice was in great shape, in combination with the orchestra; a match made in Heaven!!

Glenn, thank you very much for last night, it was unforgetable! Unfortunaty way to short! But I will see you in France real soon!

Love
    Jenn

• Hi people,

found a couple of clips of Glenn's performance at Ahoy on YouTube.

Smoke:

Whiter Shade:

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Not too shabby, eyh! Hope to see more of this some day.

• Back in 94 Glenn looked exactly like Coverdale don't you think ?

Nah............

You got fooled because they both went to the same
    beauty shop / men's hair styling salon at the same time,
    and asked for:

:eek: "The 2 for 1 - Robert Plant special." :eek:

Luckily, the hair dye didn't cause any permanent brain damage :rolleyes:

PS.....Welcome to the GHPG.NET board! :hi5:

• Here's an awesome video of Glenn performing "Mistreated" at Classics in Rock last Friday night, March 23rd, 2007, at the Ahoy in Rotterdam, Holland.

It's a biggie, but one you won't regret taking the time to download :cool:

Video Courtesy: Michael Moore

[ame]

[/ame]

• Here's an awesome video of Glenn performing "Mistreated" at Classics in Rock last Friday night, March 23rd, 2007, at the Ahoy in Rotterdam, Holland.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
    I can't wait for this to be released on DVD!
    Thanks for the clip!

Christian

OH! MY! GOD!

This is absolutely fantastic. My goose bumps had only just settled down from constantly playing the 'Golden One' clip ... and now this ... my fave song too. First class. Absolutely first class. There's something about rock music per se and an orchestra.
    I thought it was James Last (Hansi :D ) in the background ... Now there's an orchestra to see live!! :bow:

Glenn - you've excelled yourself. And I loved Jeff's playing on this particular clip :thumbup:

... need to go and have a lie down ... :p

PS Michael - thank you so much for the videos and photos. x

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• David - chosen your pic of the month yet? I've seen a brilliant one above :D

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hi Ad

Back in 94 Glenn looked exactly like Coverdale don't you think ?

HB

Yeah, he sure did Bart, but Old cov' wanted to look like Robert Plant...so whaddaya think of Glenn Plant, David Hughes and Robert Coverdale????

heb je de video van Mistreated gezien...hotd**mn

• Thank you all for sharing. Looks like this evening was magic.
    And Jenn, welcome aboard my dear. You'll have lots of fun here...
    Nath

Thanks Nath!
    Some good friend of mine recommended this site... and I'm very gratefull for that...;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!