Spector Trial

• As GLENN mentions the trail in the just released video commentary for the song, "Black Light", I thought this might be of interest to those of you who aren't familiar with the case.

Here's a video clip:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/u…2149776&ch=68276&src=news

and here's a link with more detailed articles:

www.tabloidcolumn.com/phil-spector.html

• The Spector trial gets underway tomorrow....

Opening statements were set to begin on Wednesday in the murder trial of pioneering rock producer Phil Spector, who is accused of shooting Lana Clarkson to death at his Los Angeles-area home.

A jury of nine men and three women was sworn in last week for the sensational case, which could last up to three months and is expected to draw worldwide media coverage.

Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler scheduled opening statements to begin on Wednesday after the last of six alternate jurors was chosen on Tuesday. The alternates would be called upon to weigh the evidence should any of the original 12 panelists be forced to step down.

www.courttv.com/trials/spector

• Both GLENN and GABI are going to be guests on Court TV live on Monday, August 13th at 9:10 AM PDT
    (12:10PM EDT) to talk about Lana Clarkson and the Phil Spector murder trail.

The show is called Best Defense with Jami Floyd. GLENN and GABI will be downtown at the courthouse and interviewed by veteran television journalist, Jane Velez Mitchell.

As you know, GLENN mentions the trial in the recently released video commentary for the song, "Black Light", taken from his latest solo album, Music For The Divine.

• Just a quick reminder primarily for those in the USA.....both GLENN and GABI will be guests on Court TV live TODAY at 9:10 AM PDT (12:10PM EDT) to talk about Lana Clarkson and the Phil Spector murder trail.

The show is called Best Defense with Jami Floyd. GLENN and GABI will be downtown at the courthouse and interviewed by veteran television journalist, Jane Velez Mitchell.

• Looks like the show Best Defense is on at 11:00 am here in San Jose, Not sure if this is tape delay or not :confused:

Not to worry Rick, we'll have it up for you shortly. It was ontime here on the East Coast! Despite the seriousness of the subject matter, they still managed to fit in a plug for Music For The Divine :thumbup:

• Thanks Dave, I was able to watch the segment here as it was on at 12:00 PDT.

I was a bit surprised by the plug for Music For The Divine. Very well done IMO but a tough way to get exposure as you mentioned considering the subject matter.

• Just got finished watching the Best Defense show with Glenn and Gabi, I recorded this morning.

I agree, the playing a snippet of Black Light while showing the album cover was great. But as was said, kind of a somber way of having it played nationally.

Plus the fill-in host said she liked Black Sabbath :thumbup:

Chip

• I'm reading that only 10 out of 12 jurors found Spector guilty and the case has therefore failed :huh:
    Reminds me very much of the O.J. Simpson case - the accusation is obvious, and still it fails.
    The world isn't fair.
    :confused:
    Hoping for a second trial and justice. The sooner the better...

• This just goes to show you the flaws in the US Justice system. First, OJ Simpson, one of the most obvious murderers ever is acquitted by twelve morons. Then Robert Blake, with piles of evidence is set free, and finally this piece of crap, Phil Spector is not convicted in a trial where the evidence is overwhelming against him.

I cannot fathom the fact that people can be this incredibly stupid to not see that his guilt is obvious. This is a travesty, but I have seen an even worse decision which did not make National Headlines and went the other way.

Willie Crain, a poor, uneducated crabber from Hillsborough County in Florida was convicted of murder about six or seven years ago with NO BODY and very circumstantial evidence. He has been on death row since for killing his girlfriend's daughter, who disappeared mysteriously and was never heard from again. Crain had the girl's hair in is truck, and there was nothing else which pointed to him as a killer. Of course his girlfriend used his truck regularly to drive the girl around, and Crain was not seen with the girl when she disappeared or for a week leading up to the crime either. Yet he was an uneducated, poorly represented individual and had no chance at trial. Had he had even minimal adequate representation, he would be watching Phil Spector and his million dollar attorneys work the jury and squirm away from his guilt.

Money should not buy justice, but since it does, especially in California celebrity cases, the blindfold must remain on the scales of justice and wealthy 'haves' can get away with murder. The moral here is simple: "Hire a celebrity to kill someone for you in California and spend five or more million dollars in attorney fees and go free". Nice formula for the very few who can afford it.

I am disgusted by the outcome almost as much as with the Simpson debacle. But wouldn't it be poetic justice if OJ now got forty years in his latest brush with the law ?? At least he will be tried in Nevada and not his old backyard.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Prosecution rests in Phil Spector murder retrial
    January 22nd, 2009 ~ LOS ANGELES (AP)

www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g93Q_UR0CRpFh-FS-4UbHXxI-dvAD95SF86O0

• Phil Spector found guilty of murdering actress, convicted, 2nd-degree murder

Music legend Phil Spector was found guilty of second-degree murder in the 2003 shooting death of actress Lana Clarkson at his home in Alahambra, California. The jury of six men and six women rejected the defense's argument that the death could be a suicide.

www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/13/phil.spector.verdict

• Let's hear it for Justice finally coming through

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Iconic producer Phil Spector’s appeal against his murder conviction has been thrown out by a California court.

He was jailed two years ago over the shooting of actress Lana Clarkson at his home in 2003, and is serving a 19-year-term. His defence lawyers had argued his conviction was based on misconduct and the use of inadmissible evidence.

But the three-member appeal panel have refuted each point in an 81-page written judgement, meaning Spector will remain behind bars.

:thumbup:

• ...jeez, now there's a made for TV movie... and with an all-star cast including Al Pacino and Helen Mirren :eek:

The new HBO Film, "Phil Spector", premieres on Sunday, March 24th, 2013 at 9:00PM in the USA. International release dates have yet to be confirmed.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJK4i_K_38E']HBO Films: Phil Spector Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!