Trapeze and Ted Nugent poster found!

• Hi Wolfy,

Nice one! Thanks for sharing it. For Nov 9th there is a date in Columbus, Ohio in 1972. Couldn't it be that one? (https://www.glennhughes.com/tourography/)

Also found out recently that Rod Evans supported Trapeze a few times with Captain Beyond in 1972. Trapeze also played a gig in Charlotte, North Carolina -with Chuck Berry on the same bill!- on November 24th 1972 (see image below)

I will add the info to the Tourography.

cheers
    Fedor

• The ticket outlets that are listed on Wolfy's poster are located in cities in Oklahoma..... Oklahoma City, Norman, and Shawnee.

Plus, there is a Music Hall in Oklahoma City, so I'm thinking this where the show took place. If at all.

Checking the Tourography over at the dot com site, they were nowhere near OKC on the 9th of any month in the years listed.

So maybe it could have taken place after Glenn left the band.

Chip

Chip

• Yeah Chip, got confirmation that its from Oklahoma City.

I'll let you know if i get any more info.

Sad to report that all his Tommy Bolin solo tour pictures from just before he passed on were lost at the developers way back in the day :mad: :(

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• OK..Ted Nugent used the Amboy Dukes name until 1974..he got his solo deal with Epic Records and his debut was released in 1975. That puts the date range between, say, 1971 and 1974.

And Cactus was on the bill as well...the original lineup of Jim McCarty, Rusty Day, Tim Bogert and Carmine Appice played their last gig in December 1971. The second lineup stayed together till the summer of 1972 when Bogert and Appice joined Jeff Beck, Max Middleton and Kim Milford in the Jeff Beck Group Mk3. BBA was the end result. Cactus became the New Cactus Band after their departure with Blues Image/Iron Butterfly member Mike Pinera on guitar.

Hope that helps pin the time down....

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hi again Wolfy. Arjen and I were discussing old Trapeze dates. Would you know if Mel has documented the gigs they played in the past? Obviously, the archives would benefit enormously...

many thanks
    Fedor

• Mel is pretty sure this poster is from the year after Glenn left for DP ie 1974. Ted Nugent supported them quite a bit along with ZZ Top.

Another band called Spirit also acted as support.

Fedor, Mel's memories are all in his head - but pretty good. Tony Perry (Trapeze manager) has a lot of info in his archives. I'll have to try and see if we can get him to open them up for inspection!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Wow! Randy California's Spirit. Saw them with Gillan :bow: and McCoy :bow: in 19??. Unlike Mel's, my memory's pretty naff in places but I do remember this gig well ;)

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!