Whisky, Los Angeles June 2nd, 2007

• fewer still (ok, only Glenn) I would fly from Texas to California to hear. I had no idea there was going to be 4 other bands before Glenn came on. I had safety concerns, but I assumed this was going to be a room full of Glenn's fans....knowing nothing about these other bands, I don't know what kind of a crowd they will pull....a headliner there doesn't have to have 4 opening acts.But looks like I will miss it.

I was going to keep quiet about this topic but strat335 you just made the cup run over. This bait and switch that this club has pulled on Glenn's loyal fans is too much. For you to miss this show after all the planning and cost to you is unbelievable. You would be better off if you left your son with family or friends in Texas. Four bands before Glenn, and couple of hours of serious drinking by a LA crowd on a Saturday night most of who just walked in off the streetand don't know Glenn Hughes from their grandmother? I wouldn't send my wife there alone even with a few friends from here and if any GHCP asked the crowd to be quiet so Glenn could be heard? Drunks don't like to be told to be quiet. Good luck and I hope that you get to the show.

Glenn's management better get on the stick.
    James Carl Garsonetti

• Roger,
    Don't give up hope yet for yourself. I don't know your son (age), But I will guarantee you he will be so excited about just being where he is, that he will not even think about sleeping before the wee small hours. I always despise too many openers, but if you were to either call the club and get some times, or, secondly, let "little Roger" sleep for a bit (like us old guys with our naps), then head over later on, I am sure it would work out. The security is usually good at most clubs, and if they are bothering a child the bouncers usually are into action pretty darn quick.
    As big of a Glenn fan as you are, don't miss this chance. It has taken years to get him here and may take years more before he plays around again.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Yea, it may work out doing something like that.

I'm not worried about anyone messing with him, I'll take care of that. It's what he sees and hears and how tired he is....but we will evaluate it when we get there. He's been to a concert before, just not all night. LOL! His dad is VERY old. LOL

I hope it works out.

• Roger, I've been to a number of club shows at various venues in LA, and I've never had any problems. Some of the opening bands were folk, some were death metal, some were alt-rock... and we're talking about the same bill! LOL

There's going to be a number of us hanging out with you guys (yes, it looks like I'll swing it - barely!), so most of the people near you should consist of David, Shirean, JohnH, Chip, Paul and myself plus a few others. And honestly, only a few of us are scary. LOL Show up a little ways into the show, when some of the opening bands are finished already. But don't miss this chance to see Big Daddy!

Cheers....Todd

• I was all excited about making this trip. But, sometimes life intervenes, and I will not be able to get out to sunny CA this time around :sint1: NY is also not going to be a possibility. Wish I could be there with Glenn and all the GHCPs, but I trust I will feel like I was almost there when I hear all the reports from the shows. Have a great time everybody, and pass along my regrets to Glenn.

Tom

• At least none of us will be carrying an axe :axe:

Hi Grace :lol: :hi5: :lol2:

I wonder if you will be wearing a good enough disguise

to fool me, in New York? I already know what you look like.

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh :eek: :eek: :eek: :axe: :eek: :eek: :eek:

PS, Roger: Check things by phone, up to the last minute..........
    Maybe the 4 or 5 bands hopefully MIGHT be down to only 2 or 3,
    by the day of the show? I can't imagine that Glenn himself,
    would want to START singing at 10:00 or 11:00 at night.

axmuremoticon.gif

• I was all excited about making this trip. But, sometimes life intervenes, and I will not be able to get out to sunny CA this time around :sint1: NY is also not going to be a possibility. Wish I could be there with Glenn and all the GHCPs, but I trust I will feel like I was almost there when I hear all the reports from the shows. Have a great time everybody, and pass along my regrets to Glenn.

Tom

Sorry to hear that you won't make it to LA. I was looking forward to catching up with you. It's been a while...since the DVD shoot, I think.

Hopefully next time will work out for you.

Chip

Chip

• Yea, it may work out doing something like that.

I'm not worried about anyone messing with him, I'll take care of that. It's what he sees and hears and how tired he is....but we will evaluate it when we get there. He's been to a concert before, just not all night. LOL! His dad is VERY old. LOL

I hope it works out.

No need to worry Roger. Don't know how old is your son but with our niece Salomé everything went perfectly well both in England and in Italy last week end. Glenn entered the stage at about 22.30 and she was perfecltly awake, believe me. She headbanged during the whole show . People are always amused to see young children at a gig. They are really kind and let the kids go to the stage front and even protect them. Just a little piece of advice : bring some ear plugs for him. Salomé always puts hers on when she goes to gigs cause it's a bit loud for her young ears (she is 9 years old but already a GHCP...LOL ).

:ghcp:

• Yea, I worry too much, it will work out. Thanks Nathalie. Oh yea, we already have his ear plugs of course. I have some shooter's ear muffs I thought about using on top of the ear plugs, but I think the plugs will be enough...I do want him to hear something. LOL

(by the way, thanks for your comment on the page!)

• roger i know how you feel -i have a 6 year old son and only have so much money right now so what do i do?-i could spend it on myself and go to la or ny for a moment -i cant do that-I GOTTA PUT HIM FIRST and make sure he gets to go somewhere and do something on vacation this summer-its just the way it is-

• I think someone, or myself, brought this up in an earlier post, but does anyone have any ideas on where we can all meet up before and or after the show?

Chip

So, what is our plan, Chip? ;)

I will fly in LA around 3 pm, drop off my luggage at Travelodge Hotel at LAX Airport, and drive to Sunset Blvd.

Well, if Glenn will be onstage around 11:00PM, I can take a short nap to ease (or worsen?) my jet lag! :D

Ko

• Nice one Ko. Put it all the responsibility on my shoulders :D

I wish we were as organized as the East Coast faction ;) They seem to already have a meeting place.

I think it was David, who posted a couple of suggestions in an earlier post. I was hoping one of the locals (ahem...JohnH )could help out.

I've gotten a few cell phones numbers from people to be in touch.

I'm up for meeting anywhere, anytime. Although I do have to pick up Todd at LAX around 5:30, but that's the only condition I have.

Chip

Chip

• I will try to help out. If I have to, I can drive over there later in the week and figure something out. The best place I can think of off the top of my head would be Barney's Beanery. The food is fantastic and inexpensive and it's only a ten minute walk from the Whiskey, its down on Santa Monica. There's always great rock and roll they play on their system also. I walked up to see Wild Child at the Whiskey last July 3rd and it wasn't far. The Rainbow, up the street from the Whiskey is another good place as well, and may be a better choice.

John

• Nice one Ko. Put it all the responsibility on my shoulders :D
    Chip

Ha-ha, sorry, Chip! :D
    I was actually one of the locals till a few years ago, but am not anymore (I am across the Pacific Ocean, instead). If you could tell me your cell phone number by e-mail, I will give you a call after arrival (I myself might not rent a cell phone during this trip).

Thank you, John :thumbup:
    Sounds like nice places. I don’t care which, as long as we can park nearby until the show is over (plus more chat afterwards?). Any idea?

By the way, what is allowed at the shows in these venues nowadays? Pictures (should be OK?)? Audiotape (maybe OK?)? Videotape (will be kicked out?)? In Japan, all of them are strongly prohibited…:(

Ko

• Thanks for your help John, much appreciated.

I'm sure that once the show is over, there will be more of us at the after party.

We might want to think about making the walk to the Whisky as short as possible. Less chance of some drunk, underage actress running us down on Sunset Blvd :lol:

Chip

Chip

• Found this tidbit on the MTV site:
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/…ey_mariah.jhtml

Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith is ganging up with an unlikely ally — ex-Black Sabbath frontman Glenn Hughes — for a performance at West Hollywood, California's Whisky a Go Go on June 2. The two worked together on Hughes' solo project from last year, Music for the Divine. This is the singer's first performance in support of the album :rolleyes:
    :lol:

Glad I am going to be at the first performance. LOL Actually, the next 4 days are going to drag by at a snails pace I am sure!!

Was a decision made on a meeting place? Time?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!