Whisky, Los Angeles June 2nd, 2007

• Great Wolfy! I'm in for the Whiskey too. Got my ticket right away I'm looking forward to it. Danny was great when I saw him with Alcatrazz in 86, I never really heard anything about him since.

JH

• East Coast vs. West Coast.

Which will have the most GHCP attending? :D

I think these two gigs might go down as the best ever, with all of us web people attending. Should be a great time, no matter which one you go to :thumbup:

Chip

Chip

• If Glenn comes to Texas we will see him.....but just in case....

We're going to California.

Me and Susan and our little boy, Collin will be there. It will be nice to meet some obviously intelligent and musically adept that have enough snap to know who the best is.
    My old Shidoshi lives in Northridge now, so we will be spending the weekend after the show with him...so, this will be killer all around.

I want to walk on the beach, I've never been to CA, Arizona is as far west as I've ever been. I have been on the Atlantic and live near the Gulf...in June I will have gone Coast to Coast.

Main thing is, I haven't seen Glenn on stage in 31 years. It was the best concert I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot since then.

I've said this before, but Glenn's voice turned me on to rock and roll, and rock and roll is what I do...so, this will be very special to me....to Susan as well, and Collin, also. Excited is not the word for it.

• ... Main thing is, I haven't seen Glenn on stage in 31 years. It was the best concert I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot since then.

I've said this before, but Glenn's voice turned me on to rock and roll, and rock and roll is what I do...so, this will be very special to me....to Susan as well, and Collin, also. Excited is not the word for it.

Roger - I'm excited for you all!!! I predict you may just be talking about this one for the next 31 years :cool: :eek: :cool: :eek: :cool:

Glenn with Chad - POWERHOUSE! :bow::bow:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Roger and Susan, it's going to be a pleasure to meet you. I'm already excited to see your reaction, and find out what you think of the show!

So it will be David (& Shirean?), Chip, JohnH, Ko, Vinny, Frank, Roger & Susan, Steve, me...with possible attendance from Paul...who am I forgetting?

Cheers...Todd

• Let's try to come up with a meeting place beforehand and not scramble around trying to call everyone once we're there.

Before and/or after the show.

Chip

Chip

• I hope that somebody in California
    (maybe Gabi or Glenn?) calls up
    Christopher Maloney at the Musician's Institute,
    in Hollywood, to let him know about the June 2nd
    GH appearance at the Whiskey Au Go Go.

If those kids at the MI gave Glenn a standing ovation
    for an interview, followed by just a few songs,
    I'm sure that they would want to go to a full-fledged
    Glenn Hughes concert.

And the kids who missed Glenn before, and heard
    about it from their friends, would want to see/hear
    what all the noise is about.

And it wouldn't hurt Glenn's image any, if those stupid
    record company executives and booking agents,
    saw what happens to a crowd of young kids,
    when our boy is performing at full fighting strength.
    Heh, heh, heh.

And Glenn better have lots 'O goodies for sale, too.
    Or things will get ugly.........:hi5:

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hey Grace!!! I haven't talked to you in too long!!

Yea, that's a ready made crowd that could be there from the MI. I have some dog training buddies in both New York and LA I have told about the concerts, and they are bringing their friends. I am also going to get on The Gear Page and talk about the concerts; that's a very large forum on guitars and related equipment .....there are over 18,000 members and I have brought up the subject of Glenn, Mel, Trapeze, etc. many, many times over the last year or so. I know I will get some people interested from that source.....Harmony Central is much larger still.....I will do several My Space Bulletins that will go out to my "friends" on My Space....and I will put it on my music website and even our dog website.....and tell everyone else I can think of.

Chip & Todd: I would imagine the Ramada we are staying at has a lounge we could meet at, it's less than a mile from the Whiskey. With a young son I imagine that and the venue will be the only place we will be on a Saturday night in Hollywood. But keep us apprised.

• Dag Burn it, pardner,

I'm right happy that you cowboys are moseyin' down that long trail for the big hoedown out West.

(Is this enough to confuse those annoying British people?) :lol:

Take good care of yourself ~ my love to the rest of "the gang."
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Thanks, Grace. Yeeehaw! :lol:
    If we had a little extra, we would mosey up there to Yankee land, too...just could not go to both. You take care, too!

Mazur Public Relations, Inc.

michaelmazurpr@yahoo.com / debbie@mazurpr.com
    (609) 890-4550

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    March 27, 2007

GLENN HUGHES AND CHAD SMITH TO PERFORM TOGETHER AT L.A.'S WHISKY A GO GO

TRENTON, N.J. - Glenn Hughes has been confirmed to play an exclusive headline performance along with drummer Chad Smith at Los Angeles' Whisky A Go Go on Saturday, June 2.

This will be Hughes' first American performance since the release of his debut Demolition Records album, "Music for the Divine," on which he worked closely with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Smith.

The Whisky is the venue where Hughes and his former band Trapeze first made a serious impact in the early '70s in America, so it is a fitting venue for Hughes to perform new music from this phase of his storied career.

"The Whisky was the club that was responsible for my breaking the US market in the early '70s," Hughes said. "I played there a half a dozen times between '70 and '73. This is the venue where members of Deep Purple would show up to check out my band Trapeze. I have great memories of this legendary club. After playing there I knew I would become a Los Angelean, and would never live in England again. It feels like I'm comin' home with my wife, the amazing Chad Smith. It's gonna be funky."

Dubbed "the voice of rock" for his rich, soulful singing, Hughes has explored many musical paths and worked with some of the greatest musicians in the business. Smith, Hughes' partner in crime in recent years, acted as a sounding board for Hughes' demos before the musicians came together with longtime guitarist JJ Marsh to flesh out the tracks for "Music for the Divine." The trio, along with help from Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante and Mark Kilian on keys and string arrangements, recorded "Music for the Divine" live at Smith's Hollywood Hills home.

Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Tickets are now on sale via Ticketmaster outlets. The Whisky A Go Go is located at 8901 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, Calif.

http://www.glennhughes.com
    http://www.myspace.com/glennhughesonline
    http://www.demolitionrecords.com
    http://www.whiskyagogo.com
    http://www.myspace.com/whiskyagogo

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!