BB King's, New York June 4th, 2007

• Sharpen up the axe Grace...bought the plane tickets last night, so you will be "graced" with mine and my wife's presence at BBs.

Should be an absolute blast !!

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Sounds as if I'm gonna' have to buy several axes, :axe: :axe: :axe:
    to ensure that you evil tourists don't get all the good seats up front.

:( :mad: :( :mad: :(

OK, OK, I promise not to ax murder any GHCP
    IF AT THE TIME,
    they are singing Sinatra's "New York, New York"
    or Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind."

Seriously, I hope that everybody who goes to Glenn's NY show,
    has an extra day or two to visit my home town........

Might I be so bold, if time is short, to recommend a round trip ride
    (one way - 20 minutes - no cost - it's free - honest!)
    on the lovely "industrial strength orange" Staten Island Ferry?

You get: Fort Columbus-Governor's Island/ the NY Harbor/ Ellis Island/
    the Statue of Liberty/ the Brooklyn Bridge/ the Manhattan Bridge/
    and the skyline (what's left of it) of the greatest city in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Ferry

Grace

PS........I don't know how you did this, David, but thanks a lot.
    The little "orange bug" on the extreme right of this picture is the
    Staten Island Ferry, docking into the terminal, at Whitehall/South Ferry.
    The "zig-zag" at the bottom of this photo, is the accordian gate that protects
    passengers from falling off the entrance ramps, while on the ferry.

Where there are 3 "copper-top green" buildings to the left of the photo,
    that's where once stood 2 very tall buildings.............................

Just got back from LA so maybe NY this time (around ;) )...

You sound like a rock star! :lol: :lol: :cool: ... and no doubt treated like one with Chip and Lea ;)

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Any New Yorkers have any suggestions for a place to stay near BB Kings place and the airport. I havent done any research yet as to where it is in relation to anywhere else in New York!

• What airport are you flying into from LA?
    How long are you planning to stay in New York?

BB King's is right on famous 42nd Street (going East to West)
    between 8th Avenue and 7th Avenue (running North to South)
    in mid-town Manhattan.

Paul, I have no clue about the gazillion hotels available.
    Have you ever been to NY before?

Details, details, details...............

• There are an incredible amount of hotels nearby, and depending on the quality of accomodation and need to be in the area of BBs, you could find yourself paying anywhere from $199.00 a night to over $1,000.00 per night.
    I recommend staying near Penn Stattion, as you have Subways, Trains and easier transport to the airports when travelling in and out. You would be a bout a ten minute walk from BBs in that area.
    Let me know what you are looking for and I will be glad to get you information.
    And Wolfy, it will be great to finally meet you !!!:thumbup:

• Grace and Frank,

At the moment all i have is a ticket to each show just in case i do make it over. Last time i visited New York was in 1977.

The initial plan is to either fly on the Thursday or Friday direct to LA, or to Vegas and meet up with Todd and Chip first.
    I would then fly from LA to NY on the Sunday and stay until the Tuesday morning after the show when i would then fly back to the UK.

It's all in the "nice idea" stage at the moment! I'm just checking out the possibilities first. I havent even checked i can get the time off work yet. I would rather have a plan than a last minute rush and no guaranteed entry to the show.

Anyone used "Will Call" to get into a music venue? I need to show my credit card and passport at each place and that should let me in apparantly.

• :thumbup: Tickets will be arriving via UPS in a few days....flights are booked and paid for, all transportation is aaranged. Now just wondering where others are staying so we can all get together.

Booked at the Marriott Residence Inn on 39th and Ave. of Americas. Good deal if anyone has Government rate...King Suites for less than the price of most rooms. Will be room for after-show party !!!

See you there :thumbup:

• Alright Wolfy !!! Looking forward to seeing you there :thumbup: :thumbup: :bouncer:

• I'll also be attending this show!

Plus it's my birthday!

We'll have to have a meetup of some kind before and maybe after the show. Got lots to celebrate that night!

Countin the days :bouncer:

• I just got my tickets in the mail today...just deciding on how I will get to NY..train or plane. With the price of gas and tolls, I don't save anything by driving...except massive stress and frenzied hair pulling!! Besides, I love getting around by train..I can stay out on the island and be in NYC in 45 minutes....

Oh, and as an inveterate train nut, the Air Train from JFK to the LIRR station in Jamaica RULES!! Gone are the 40 dollar cab rides into NYC from the airport....five bucks whisks you from your terminal to the train station and another ten bucks or so gets you into NYC round trip. And you get to feast your eyes on the scenic Van Wyck Expressway during your short trip!! ;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• It's the Van Wyck that has always done it for me !!! :mad:

• Just checking in to see what's happenin' with GH and the GHCP...

I'll be at the NYC show on June 4th, too - looking forward to it!

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

• Just checking in to see what's happenin' with GH and the GHCP...

I'll be at the NYC show on June 4th, too - looking forward to it!

Damien

Hey Damien - it'll be great to see you, it's been a few years now :eek: They'll be quite a few familiar faces in attendence, in addition to a bunch of new one's :thumbup:

See you then :cool:

• GLENN HUGHES Comments On Upcoming New York City Performance...

“New York is a city that has an energy like no other,” Hughes said. “I sense anticipation from my fans there, and I always feel exhilarated when I perform there. It’s gonna be tight, and it’s gonna be funky.”

The New York City show will follow a one-off weekend performance in L.A. with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, who collaborated with Hughes on his latest offering, "Music For The Divine".

Dubbed "The Voice of Rock" for his rich, soulful singing, Hughes has explored many musical paths and worked with some of the greatest musicians in the business. Smith, Hughes’ partner in crime in recent years, acted as a sounding board for Hughes’ demos before the musicians came together with longtime guitarist JJ Marsh to flesh out the tracks for "Music for the Divine." The trio, along with help from Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante and Mark Kilian on keys and string arrangements, recorded "Music for the Divine" live at Smith’s Hollywood Hills home.

Doors are at 6 p.m. Showtime is at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 in advance/$28.00 day of show and are available through Ticketmaster outlets.

• "it's gonna be funky.........

.........and it's also gonna' be dangerous
    for any record company executives
    who aren't impressed by my performance,
    since a large portion of the audience
    will consist of the ax murderers division
    of the Glenn Hughes Crazy People :axe:
    Other than that, a good time should
    be had by all," said Hughes.

OK, OK, Glenn didn't really say this.
    But he should have.......
    ;)

• Heard from Bobby Rondinelli today and the LIZARDS will NOT be opening for Glenn as originally planned. There are circumstances of an injury to a band member (not Bobby) which preclude their playing for a while together.

I guess this gives us more time for Glenn though :thumbup: although I was really excited about the Lizards being part of the show.

All plans are still on for an appearance in New York by a horde of GHCPs...I will be in touch with some individually and others via this board about meeting, etc..

• Great to see GH givin' the East Coast some love.

Can't wait till the BB King's show.

If the setlist is anything like the one he opened Glenn Hughes Hall with, it'll be a fine evening (hell, it will be anyway).

Anyone ever been to this venue? I'm seeing info and seating charts that almost resemble cabaret style seating, almost like a wedding or awards ceremony. Is that really conducive to a rock show?

How will we all be expected to stay near these seats without forming a mass of bodies in front of the stage (or am I being too literal here with the "assigned" seating?)

• Heard from Bobby Rondinelli today and the LIZARDS will NOT be opening for Glenn as originally planned. There are circumstances of an injury to a band member (not Bobby) which preclude their playing for a while together.

I guess this gives us more time for Glenn though :thumbup: although I was really excited about the Lizards being part of the show.

All plans are still on for an appearance in New York by a horde of GHCPs...I will be in touch with some individually and others via this board about meeting, etc..

I think their bassist was in a bad car wreck and the band had to take a break whilst he recovered...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!