'The Basement' DVD Engineer interview

• This might be of interest, an interview with Steve Scanlon, audio engineer for many DVD projects including the soon to be released live acoustic DVD that GLENN did last year in Australia - currently known as 'Live at The Basement', but will be named something different upon actual release.

Steve touches upon that DVD, plus gives some insight into his other projects, such as the Cal Jam and Rainbow releases to name but a couple.

Your credits also include the excellent California Jam DVD. I saw Glenn Hughes perform an acoustic show at The Basement in Sydney in June last year and he was absolutely amazing. Are you a Rainbow/Dio/Deep Purple fan?

"Thanks! Yes, I am a Deep Purple fan, I grew up on all of it! I was recently production manager and engineer for Glenn's live shows in Australia. We spent a few days in the studio working on the tracks we recorded at The Basement for his live DVD. I have just finished mixing it and it's fantastic! Acoustic, with strings, etc."

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/A…erviews/SteveScanlon.html

Thanks to Rob Giles :thumbup:

• I just wonder did the record company already set a release date for this DVD?
    I just cant wait for this super release. Dont you just love Glenn doing acoustic stuff. It certainly would be a dream come true if Glenn ever would do an intimate acoustic tour :singer:

• I just wonder did the record company already set a release date for this DVD?
    I just cant wait for this super release. Dont you just love Glenn doing acoustic stuff. It certainly would be a dream come true if Glenn ever would do an intimate acoustic tour :singer:

Hear, hear!!!
    :clapper:

• Yep, Glenn doing an acoustic show would be fantastic!
    It was a big surprise to me (although it shouldn't have been)
    when GH played and sang a few songs at the New Jersey
    birthday bash last year. (Thanks again, Mike.)

And with no truck-load of equipement necessary........
    ..........this would make it a lot easier for

"The US ~ Living Room Tour." :hi5:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!