• I went to see The Guess Who in concert last night - they put on a really good show. Got to hear all the hits "Clap For The Wolfman," These Eyes," "No Time," "Undone," "American Woman," "Laughing," and "No Sugar." They also did the very funky song "Albert Flasher" as well. Only 2 originals left in the band, Garry Peterson and Jim Kale, but Carl Dixon on vocals is very good. The band looked like they were having a ball on stage, which is always good. After the show the band had a meet and greet, I didn't get much of a chance to chat, but they guys were all very nice.

Here's a link to the pictures I took:
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/katco32807/alb…460762386935837

• Hi Kat,
    You're so lucky to see Carl. He's one of my dearest friends and a talent beyond compare (ok, apart from Glenn!).
    I've known him and his family for about 12 years now and I love them to bits.
    He played Sweden Rock a couple of years ago with Coney Hatch, then he played with April Wine, then he played a solo acoustic show in the tent, broke a string TWICE while playing, sang accapella whilst changing the strings, and totally blew everyone away. Apart from that, he's the nicest guy in the world.
    Check out some of his solo material. I'm sure you'll love it.
    XXX

• Yes he seemed very nice. I did check into his bio and found his extensive history and do plan to check out some of his other stuff I was reading about. (I hate it when I stumble upon someone with so much back material to check out - it can get expensive LOL! But usually so worth it.)

He had trouble with his strings last night too LOL!

They played a new song at the show - a new one by Carl. I don't recall the name of it and none of the songs on the set list seem to be it. (Carl said he left his glasses at home so he played kind of loose with the set list LOL!)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!