Jan.29th Remaster release date

• Rock Candy Records in the UK would like to make it known that the long awaited Hughes/Thrall remaster will be available in stores from January 29th, a little earlier if ordered off their website - www.rockcandyrecords.com.

The details are as follows:

1) Special Collector's Edition
    2) Remastered - Sound shaped from 24 but digital via POW-r technology
    3) 16 page full colour booklet - Original and enhanced artwork with new photos and extensive memorabilia with full involvement from the band members.
    4) 2 Bonus tracks
    5) 4,000 Word essay by Geoff Barton, Editor Classic Rock Magazine

Hughes / Thrall - Hughes / Thrall - When Deep Purple finally collapsed in mid 1976 'neath a blanket of fatigue and insurrection all bets were off as to which members would fly phoenix like from the wreckage. Loaded with talent, Purple was a breeding ground for a significant amount of lofty and successful spin off projects including Whitesnake, Rainbow and Gillan but it wasn't until 1982, following a couple of low key solo projects, that bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes resurfaced with a unit that would quite rightly stop the rock world in its tracks.

Teaming up with highly respected guitarist Pat Thrall (previously a member of Automatic Man and the Pat Travers Band) the duo formed Hughes/Thrall, a collaboration that not only promised much on paper but would eventually deliver one of, if not the best, post Deep Purple records in that particular cannon of excellence.

Meticulously produced by seasoned studio hand Andy Johns (Free, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen) the record received an overwhelmingly enthusiastic reception from old and new fans alike. Basking in clear cut melodies, razor sharp guitar chops, edgy production were some of the best songs this side of a Journey or Foreigner album.

The icing on the cake? Why, Glenn Hughes, of course. The voice of rock has never sounded so confident and so well suited to the material displayed on this album. Every song, every phrase, every lick – pure manna from heaven.

Track Listing:
    I Got Your Number . The Look In Your Eye . Beg, Borrow Or Steal . Where Did The Time Go . Muscle And Blood . Hold Out Your Life . Who Will You Run To . Coast To Coast . First Step Of Love

Bonus Tracks:
    Still The Night . Love Don't Come Easy

Web:
    www.hughesthrall.com

-and-

www.myspace.com/hughesthrall

• :) Thats great news, lets hope they stick to this date as the remaster was due out in late September and has been put back continually ever since.

Talking of dates David, do we have any news on when we are likely to get the concert dates for the second half of the M4TD tour?

• Sorry if this has been mentioned already,but who has re-mastered the re-release?:confused:

Rock Candy Records based out of the UK.

:) Thats great news, lets hope they stick to this date as the remaster was due out in late September and has been put back continually ever since.

Talking of dates David, do we have any news on when we are likely to get the concert dates for the second half of the M4TD tour?

Yes, 29th it is :) As for M4TD dates part 2, should have them in the next couple of weeks, if not sooner.

• Fantastic News.

How about some Hughes Thrall tracks during the second leg of M4TD tour.

GH has 2 albums to promote now !!

Stay Fun(ky)

Mikey D

• Haven't seen any mention yet on Rock Candy's site about the HT re-master for sale, only mention of it as of today was an old statement saying that the album would be out in November :(

Hope they pull it off this time.

• Haven't seen any mention yet on Rock Candy's site about the HT re-master for sale, only mention of it as of today was an old statement saying that the album would be out in November :(

Hope they pull it off this time.

Their Webmaster has gone AWOL, which is why there's been a lack of updates. They promise to get it updated before the 29th :) And yes, it's definitely coming then.....finally :p In fact, you'll be able to order it directly from them a few days before the actual release, in case you want it a little early :cool:

• That certainly seems a bargain, David !

See Amazon UK will undercut Rockcandy by a quid & delivery will be free here if you spend another £3.02 !

They give a release date of 22nd Jan :claphands:)

Cheers
    Ben

• The two bonus tracks are awesome.

Oooh, they just added soundbytes of these two over at the H/T site and yes Chip, they sound very tasty :)

Just waiting on my copy to arrive :rolleyes: so I can hear them in full.

• i ordered this from HMV online for just £8.99 incl P&P way back when first announced. since then i have had an apology every few weeks saying they are still waiting for stock. And i got another this week! Hopefully it'll arrive during official release week.

• Unbelieveable! :mad: :confused: :rolleyes: :(

HMV tell me this now:

Dear Paul,

We're writing to you about your order. We're really sorry
    that we weren't in touch sooner, but we have been working hard trying to get hold of this product for you:

HUGHES/THRALL - HUGHES/THRALL

Unfortunately, the suppliers were unable to provide the item, and though we'd prefer not to have to cancel this from your order, we don't want to keep you waiting for it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• I'm waiting on HMV to get their finger out too, I ordered back end of last year, it took them 8 weeks to send me the Slamer album which I ordered at the same time - hope I don't have to wait that long for this one.

They seem to have system whereby they order in a limited amount of stock - less than the outstanding orders, send the first 20 or so out, then re-order stock and you get shifted up the queue. Why they don't order enough to cover the order is beyond me (supplier limits on stock ?)

Anyways I think we may have a HMV on line competiton going to see who's arrives first :)

Cheers

Rich

• I think that for my birthday tomorrow I will go over to NEH Records and order a copy of Hughes Thrall along with the latest UFO CD....Thanks again to David for pointing them out to me; although I must admit....I still miss the late great Buccaneer Records...:(

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Just had confirmation from HMV that mine's on its way- so they must have had a shipment of at least 1 order in. I'd waited for HMV as I'd orderd it months ago when they were sending vouchers out with 20% off - so its only cost me 7 quid - a bargain !!

• Recently I have ordered a few things from NEH that have languished on my "Gotta have!" list. I have been enjoying the recent UFO remasters with booklets crammed with info and copious bonus tracks. Today, along with Steve Lukather's new CD and UFO's "Strangers In The Night" I received "Hughes Thrall".

OK so sue me....I know it has been out for some time ;)

I played it in the car on the way back to Queens and if it sounds great in the car it will sound KILLER on my regular stereo setup. The booklet has a great essay and plenty of live pics from the shows the guys did. Many questions I always had were answered and the folks at Rock Candy records really did a fabulous job!

If you don't have it...you really need to get it!! :thumbup: :cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• :lol: Dittos on that, Bill. I just got my copy 2 weeks ago. Last version owned was on cassette. It was time for an update! Agree about the booklet - fascinating stuff in there. The two bonus tracks are great listening too.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!