1968 recordings with Phil Lynott unearthed!

• Remembering Philip Parris Lynott
    20.8.1949 - 4.1.1986

Still missed 21 years later...

:(
    Yet there's fantastic news from RTE.ie in Dublin...

I have cut down one of the RTE Radio News reports to 3 minutes - you'll find this attached.

After last year's release of the heavily bootlegged Trend Studios Sessions, another gem is coming up - hopefully very soon!

And there's actually more! The owners of the studio have also discovered a session by Philip's pre- Thin Lizzy band The Orphanage from 1969, done in the same studio shortly after he was sacked from Skid Row!

You can listen to the whole story and the people involved in a 37 minute report over at RTE.ie!

I can't wait for this!

:bouncer:

Happy New Year, everyone!

Christian

• Sounds like great news Chris, Will be waiting to hear what comes of all these tapes.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• If only someone could find the sessions he did with Blackmore and Paice too. They would be very interesting to here.

• Thanks for the update Christian....I whole-heartedly agree that Phil is still greatly missed... there will never be another quite like him :(

At least his great musical legacy still lives on :thumbup:

Peace & Prosperity to all the GHCP's in 2007 :clapper:

Jaz

• No Todd.

I'm talking about Baby Face.

Ritchie and Ian Paice recorded three tracks with Phil Lynott under the name of "Baby Face", for a single which never appeared. Most sources date that session as late 72 or early 73, so it could have been soon after the Funky Junction album was recorded.

• No Todd.

I'm talking about Baby Face.

Ritchie and Ian Paice recorded three tracks with Phil Lynott under the name of "Baby Face", for a single which never appeared. Most sources date that session as late 72 or early 73, so it could have been soon after the Funky Junction album was recorded.

Should be 1972, but I can check. Common word is that those Baby Face tracks have not surfaced yet. You never know...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!