What are your favourite Christmas songs ?

• What are your favourite Christmas songs ?. My favourite Christmas songs are the ones on Glenn Hughes A Soulful Christmas album. I love Glenn's versions of Christmas songs:claphands :bouncer: :claphands :bouncer: :claphands :bouncer:

Ayesha

• Yes i also agree! :clapper: The glenn hughes album is great i always listen to it around christmas because it makes me happy!! :) If i was to choose a song not done by glenn it would be gingle bells because i used to listen to it when i was a little girl about 9 years ago!! :) !! xxkelazngelxx

• While I am a big fan of A Soulful Christmas, I have to say my all time fave for Christmas is "Christmas With The Rat Pack". I have a little weakness for Dean Martin. Okay, when Christmas comes around, I have a BIG weakness for him :cool:

• You mean besides "Ave Maria" by Glenn Hughes, The Voice of Latin,
    and "Soulful Christmas?" (Do you realize how hard it is to compose
    a new Christmas song that isn't syrupy sweet or just plain stupid?)

OK, other than Glenn.......
    Nat King Cole - "A Christmas Song" (Chestnuts Roasting)
    Neopolitan Christmas carol - "Tu scendi dalle stelle" (You came down from the stars)
    And any version of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus

And if I'm gonna be honest here........
    The Barking Dogs - "Jingle Bells" :eek:
    Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - "Blue Christmas Lights" :eek:
    and "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" :eek:
    (These 3 songs make me laugh like a Christmas fool.) :lol:

axmuremoticon.gif

• I really like Phil Spector's Christmas songs by (The Ronettes, The Crystals, Darlene Love ect..) I also really like Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite very much. And John Lennon's Happy Xmas (War Is Over) if only the second part of the song title was really true these days!

• My favorite Christmas recordings are those by the Carpenters, Nat King Cole, the Moody Blues and the Boston Pops. Of course, I have an eclectic Christmas CD collection that includes Jimi Hendrix, Gary Hoey, Joey Ramone, Ringo Starr, Air Supply, Sesame Street, Jimmy Buffett, The Smithereens, Jethro Tull, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mannheim Steamroller, Kenny G, Glenn Hughes, Johnny Mathis, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Crown of Thorns, Andy Williams, Blackmore's Night, Beach Boys, Gene Autry, Burl Ives, the Ventures, the Platters and Heart. In addition to Christmas albums by those artists, I also have a variety of compilation albums with songs from all kinds of other people too.

Did I mention I love Christmas music?

Cheers...Todd

• Well i gotta say after hearing Glenn's version of Ave Maria - which is probably the most beautiful and emotional thing he's ever done in my opinion - there is nothing to top it.

I was sceptical about him doing a Christmas album but i love the whole feel to it. Even it it hadnt have been Glenn on vocals i would still have loved it.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Hi all & "Merry Christmas" :noel:

Aside from Glenn's album I've got to go for Jona Lewie's "Stop the Cavalry" - The song is set in the Front during the Great War where a soldier in a trench wishes he was home for Christmas.
    Kind of poignant given our troops (all nations!) currently engaged on front line duties!

Cheers
    Ben

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Originally I wanted to post this in a seperate new thread, but then I thought David would move it here anyway... ;)

Check out this really cool Christmas Song by US Indie-Prog band Spiraling (Homepage, MySpace) :cool: :clapper:
    Do You Hear What I Hear? - great title!

As of Dec 15th, they were the top rated unsigned Indie act from New Jersey at MySpace.
    Those guys can play and have great material - well worth checking out. Their CD is available at CDBaby aswell by the way... ;)

Cheers,
    Christian

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!