IAN PAICE & Matt Filippini Band in Spain

• Hi Guys!

I'm going to play 2 shows in Spain with Paicey next year. We will play some Purple classic, some other classic rock song and maybe something from my Moonstone Project cd :cool:

Here are the dates, if you want, have some fun with us!!

Love
    Matt

Jan 26th, 2007
    city: Madrid; SPAIN
    venue: Sala Heineken
    doors open 8.00PM
    info: http://www.salaheineken.com

Jan 27th, 2007
    city: Alicante, SPAIN
    venue: Nave 8
    doors open 8.00PM
    info: http://www.naveocho.com

http://www.moonstone.it
    http://www.myspace/moonstoneproject

• Hi Matteo,

just a couple of questions:

Any chance to come to Barcelona to play? I can't come to Madrid or Alicante. A little bit too far.

Who's is playing in the Japanese bonustrack of the Moonstone album?

Thanks & Cheers.

Pere

• great news matteo!!!!!!!!! wish i could be there :clapper: inma please send pics!!!!!!

• Good matteo!Im so sad because i can not be there because i live in England and it is too far away :( !! I will be going to the tours in England though! xxkelzangelxx

• Hi Pere!!
    We were supposed to play Barcelona too...but unfortunately only two gigs this time :(
    If these shows go well maybe we will come back again in 2007...I want to play Barcelona!!!!!!!

Silent Hunter is the Jap bonus. Ian Paice on drums, Tony Franklin on Bass, Alessandro Del Vecchio (Edge Of Forever) on vocals. A cool shuffle. Love it.

Cheers to Tony, Kelzangel & Inmaculada (Love you rock sister)

Matt

• Yesterday I enjoyed an amazing concert!!
    Matt Filippini is not only a fantastic musician but a better person!

Thanks so much Matt for all your kindness! you are a star!! :claphands

Thank to him I had the chance to meet Ian Paice, a very kind gentleman indeed!

right now I only remember some songs of the setlist as Stombringer, Maybe Iam a Leo, Fire, Can't get enough, Mistreated, Burn, Child in Time... but I'll give you the whole setlist in a couple of days when I get my photos (hehe I took a pic of the setlist!)

The rest of the band were amazing too, that singer guy Roberto Tiranti can really sing!!! what a range of voice!! and the bass and keyboard players were amazing too, mm I don't remember well their names now, so better not to misspell them now! lol but all of them were so nice too!

ok ok! the concert! just pure energy!! My God! if I had to play drums as Paice does I would be death in 5 min!! what an energy and happiness playing!

The venue was as cold (I mean the temperature) as outside, absolutely freezing, dunno why they didnt turn on the heater.. what made people take some time to be warm! lol, but not with the music, they (me included!!) got caught for the rock from the first song!!!

I must say that Matt played Mistreated so so beautifully!! one of the most beautiful versions I've ever heard, and his Hendrix cover of Fire, just explendid!!!

Of course Mr Paice gifted us with some solo drums, one of them longer and as brilliant as he only can make! I still have in my mind his image smiling all the time and marking the rhythm as usual with his mouth... so great! my knees are still trembling for meeting him! :bow: :bow: :bow:

At the end of the concert, Matt changed positions with the bass player, and both did brilliantly! and the show ended with a funny duel between the bassist (playing the lead guitar) and the keyboardplayer (who played an awesome Hammond made of wood...yep I took pics too! I'll post them asap!)

To sum up... I enjoyed the concert so so so so much!!! and "God" knows I needed it!!!

And again thanks so so much to Matt for everything and make such a special day possible!! Love ya!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands

I.xoxoxox

PS: hope Pere and the others in Barna enjoyed it tonite as much as I did yesterday!

• Yesterday there in Barcelona the concert of Ian Paice Band with Matt Filippini, and I have to say that it was a superb concert with a great band.

The Band was Ian Paice on Drums, Matt Filippini on Guitars, Alessandro Del Vecchio on Keyboards and Backing vocals, Nik Mazzucconi on Bass Guitar and Roberto Tiranti on Vocals which was a great surprise for his vocal range.
    The concert began with Stormbringer followed by Might just take you life. To me were very special moments, because I never had the chance to see Ian Paice playing songs from Mark III, the band also played a medley of Mistreated and Burn with Alessandro on vocals too.

I could not take a photo of the setlist but they also played as Inmaculada said, Child in time, Maybe I’m a Leo, Pictures of home, Black night, Perfect strangers, Can’t get enough (Bad Co.), Fire (J. Hendrix), Fool for your lovin’ (Whitesnake), The stealer (Free).

I had already seen Ian Paice with Deep Purple, but this time was different because I could watch the concert from a very close position and I saw what a great drummer is Ian Paice how he plays, the energy of his beat, simply excellent like the rest of the band specially Matt.

At the end of the concert I had the chance to meet Matt who was very kind and friendly with us and introduced us the band, that was and incredible moment, I met Ian Paice, to me a living rock legend, he signed some autographs, we took some photos with him, and Ian was very kind and gentle.

I just want to thank Matt for his friendship, and the great night we had, the band for the great concert and Ian for his time :clapper:

Finally, If you have the chance to go to the Moonstone concerts in Italy with Glenn, do not miss the opportunity.

Cheers

[FONT=Tahoma]Pere

• I just want to thank Matt for his friendship, and the great night we had,
    the band for the great concert and Ian for his time.

This sounds as if it was a great concert,
    and an even better "meet and greet."

:camera: And I love the fact that you wore a Glenn Hughes t-shirt !

axmuremoticon.gif

• thanks to all the friends i met....inmaculada & pere....you rock
    i has been an unforgettable experience, you spanish brothers are number one, you rock!
    matt

• Thanks to you Matt, YOU ROCK!! ;)

And thanks also to Alessandro, Nik, Roberto and specially to Mr Paice, for being so so kind with a nervous and thrilled fan!

And as I promised, some pics including the set list :D

Cheers!

• A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! :claphands :claphands :claphands

Can't wait till May sister!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• Thanks for the report and the pics, Inma and Pere :thumbup:

Meeting Ian Paice must have been a fantastic moment for you. And what a set list...My godness, I wish I could have been there.

Cheers
    Nath

:ghcp:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!