Japanese 3-Set Remastered Limited Edition series

• David, the lyrics are indeed printed on each album's insert.....and they're mostly correct this time! I have a vinyl Japanese copy of Medusa and the lyrics are almost a laugh riot to read! It's obvious the person listening to the music and translating the lyrics was hearing something other than what most other people were hearing!

:thumbup:
    Chuck

• Hi Chutsler
    You know the real lyrics because you speak English naturally. So, why don't you complete the lyrics of the Album You are the music.. we're just the band, in the lyrics section. Only 3 lyrics are lacking. Please, place the lyrics here.

• I believe the reason that the lyrics get somewhat folded,spindled and mutilated in the translation process is because the Japanese listener is translating phonetically.....in the same fashion that Western singers learn the lyrics in order to sing them in Japanese. Or something to that effect!

English is probably the toughest language to master because the rules of pronunciation are maddening in their constant deviation from what was previously laid down. "Through" sounds different from "cough" which is different from "slough".....and the hits just keep on coming!!

OK..enough of the language lesson for tonight....Have a great week!! :thumbup:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Bill, I understand that and I hope our Japanese friends here were not offended by my post. It doesn't matter who does the translating...if it's incorrect it's incorrect :confused:

• OK, Very good lesson.
    But, why don't you give us a better demonstration about English knowledge, transcribing the lyrics to the lyrics section of this site?
    Have you visited that section? There is a Trapeze Album there with five lyrics and lacking three lyrics.
    I sent the five lyrics to David and he made a correction in my "almost a laugh riot to read!" as Chutsler said. But together, David and I made some work. It would be better if somebody else make some work too. We could complete that album finally instead of being speaking about things that are not important.
    I stay timid to ask David to do the work all the time, so I'm asking you and Chutsler.
    What do you say?

• Very funny, Tony! Thanks for posting this.

But at least they're giving it a good shot, trying to get it right.
    Writing Japanese, Chinese, or Korean "characters/letters".....we would have NO CLUE! :huh:

I'm in the middle of watching 2 Korean "soap operas" on my TV.
    ("The Famous Chill Sisters" and "Pure in Heart.")
    Luckily, it has English sub-titles.
    But sometimes even the professional translators get it wrong,
    and you have to re-read the sentence to make sense out of it.

But I occasionally watch 2 Japanese stories, unfortunately
    without English sub-titles, and try to figure the story out.
    Maybe you know them, or watch them?

* One has an orchestra that plays classical music,
    but the musicians are young people in their teens and 20s.
    * The second one has a lot of people living in an enormous "palace"
    and it's pretty much a fashion show, when the lady of the house
    walks around the garden hallways, and EVERYBODY is wearing
    unbelievably beautiful kimonos.

Yep, we all live on a very small planet.........

axmuremoticon.gif

• I have been a big fan of the site Grace.

I am thinking about buying one of those T-shirts and am also trying to find something interesting to post there :thumbup:

As for Korean dramas are concerned, some suddenly became very popular among Japanese ladies. I think probably it is because the stories are more or less true love stories which they always do love. Korean acotors also became very popular and Korean-Mania ladies rushed to every airport to welcome the actors whenever they landed.

As for the Japanese dramas are concerned, I am sorry but I have no knowledge of them you descrived. However as you may know, dramas from Japan are very poplular in Asian countries. I think it is coming from the truth that satelite TV channels are now all spread among the countries. Japan is shifting export products from electric products, cars to dramas and animations.

It is said that dramas, animations are all loved even by North Korean dictotros (It's a shame though)

Yeah, the world is very small.

• I have discovered over the many years of listening to music through headphones that if you want to decipher the lyrics, lower the volume....I am sure there is a technical explanation for this....but when you listen at a greatly reduced volume, the vocals seem to stand out more as if they were suddenly boosted in the mix.

I know it sounds nuts...but I have found that it works!

Yours In The Funk

• Korean actors also became very popular and Korean-Mania ladies
    rushed to every airport to welcome the actors whenever they landed.

Gee, Tony, isn't this EXACTLY like the Glenn Hughes Crazy People's:

AIRPORT PATROL :hi5:

As for the Japanese dramas are concerned,
    I am sorry but I have no knowledge of them

They both seem very interesting......I hope that they show up for you, on Japanese TV.
    (The young people's orchestra, and the drama that has the beautiful kimonos.)

And thanks again for http://www.engrish.com
    Sometimes you can tell how much work went into trying to get the translation correct,
    and sometimes, no matter how many times you read it......it still doesn't make sense.

......and where are the recent photographs of those 2 young GH fans,
    who live with you at your house? :camera: :) :)

Take care,
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• I finally managed to track down these now rare and out-of-print remasters :thumbup:

Couldn't get the box set, but individually. Today "Trapeze" showed up - bloody hell, almost as good as the refreshing sounds of the H/T remaster. You can hear things that weren't all there before :) The sound is crisp, loud and like the lads are sitting in your living room :p

Wings, Am I, Fairytale and Nancy Gray sound just fantastic :cool:

Great job by Threshold, at least on this album. Hopefully, I'll receive the other 2 in the next couple of days.

• David,

I have browsed several of the online merchants and they have the albums available separately. The price is a bit rich....but if the sound is as fine as you and others have said...than it is worthwhile. Where did you order them from? And I can certainly understand your reluctance to buy the box set on e-Bay from someone in...was it Iceland or something like that?? ;)

So much music..so little time!

Yours In The Funk

• Where did you order them from?

I actually found them thru a Amazon.com Store reseller, so you could search on Amazon and you'll find the appropriate links, although they do have a website where you can order from direct - http://www.caiman.com - just search in the Music section and on Trapeze!

They're certainly a lot closer too home than darkest Peru :D

• I actually found them thru a Amazon.com Store reseller, so you could search on Amazon and you'll find the appropriate links, although they do have a website where you can order from direct - http://www.caiman.com - just search in the Music section and on Trapeze!

They're certainly a lot closer too home than darkest Peru :D

That seller is fabulous! I ordered a lot of cds,especially Glenn's from this seller.The shipping is fast also.This seller is on amazon,ebay and half.com :)

• Just bought a 'promo' boxset of the three on ebay for $84.99 + $15.32 for shipping......it's expensive but......it's TRAPEZE!!!

I've been looking for this set (box + cds) for quite some time now. Does anyone know who offers this set? I just cannot find it :confused: The box itself is also okay.

Ow.. and I already checked Ebay....on a daily basis! :)

• :) ....finally... I managed to obtain the three Trapeze Japanese mini lp re-issues + promo box. These weren't easy to find.

:cool:
    Well done, Arjen. Those must have cost a fortune though... :huh:
    I'm still hesitant buying at the price that is usually being asked for them...

MEDUSA

• Good find Arjen !! Buying those CDs individually isn't that hard, but finding them together in the box seems quite the challenge.

Glad I bought my box when it was still in print :)

Chip

Chip

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!