Glenn will appear on Ken Hensley's new album!!!!

• Some great news from from former-Uriah Heep Ken Hensley's website:

An update on the studio recordings by Ken Hensley:

""Hola....
    I just enjoyed an incredible day in the studio with Glenn Hughes who is singing (in his own amazing way) two songs on the new CD, Blood On The Highway. I am really lucky to have so many great vocal performances on this record and I am especially thankful to Glenn who came to Alicante directly from his recently completed European tour!! It's always cool to spend time with a fellow "road-warrior" and we made time to share some stories and to chat about doing some things together in the coming year. I'll keep you posted on all of that but, in the meantime we have to prepare for more guest singers over the next few weeks!".

This is fantastic news. Two of my favorite artists working together for the first time! :) :D

Brian

• Keep us up to the minute on this entire project. Having been a huge Heep fan from "way back", and a fan of both Glenn and Ken for years, I am truly excited about this project. Who are some of the other vocal guests on the album ? I imagine John Lawton will be there, and hope Bernie Shaw does a guest spot also. Hearing Glenn and Bernie on the same recording would be somewthing special.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Thanks Equinox for this great news :clapper:

Does anybody know which musicians are playing on the album? On "Cold Autumn Sunday" the band where spanish musicians.

Cheers.

Pere

• What Fantastic news!!
    My two favorite musicians of all time getting together.
    I had been hoping for this to happen for a very long time :claphands

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Sounds interesting, I may have to purchase this when it comes out. Not a huge Heep fan, but Glenn and Jorn Lande might make it worth my while.

• Heep is my all-time favorite! And, obviously, Ken Hensley is one of my all-time favorite musicians. This album will feature 2 of the greatest vocalists in rock history: John Lawton and Glenn Hughes (and Ken is no slouch on vocals either).

I must admit that I usually dislike these concept albums with vocal contributions from a bunch of different singers (i.e. Nostradamus) but this one is shaping up to be something special.

I don't know who is in the band this time around but Ken has worked with Spanish, Norweigian and Russian musicians in recent years, so it is possible that any number of them could appear on this.

• Ken had a fantastic touring band a couple of years back, featuring the incredible Dave Kilminster on guitar, Andy Pyle on bass and Pete Riley on drums. From a very reliable source (usually I never say that, but believe it or not, it's true) I know that they never got paid :sint1: and the group disbanded very quietly.

The shows were great though :cool:

That probably answers the question why Ken was using local musicians in Spain and Russia recently.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Ken's work, before - in and after Uriah Heep, I even have the two Blackfoot albums he appeared on on vinyl, also most of his solo albums, and he was very friendly and talkative both times I met him personally.

On a side note, I'd like to suggest Mr. Achim Schreiner as one of the guest singers on Ken's forthcoming album - I have had the impression more than once that our Achim here sometimes distinctively sounds like Hensley! :D

Anyway - looking forward to hearing the songs!

Cheers,
    Christian

• I hope it will be a lot better than the other recent solo albums Ken Hensley has put out, The Last Dance was a huge dissapointment to me and it is not very cool to hear one of your biggest heroes sing so horribly bad....hopefully there wont be any lead singing from Ken this time around.

• Quote from chrisloeb

Hey Ken, are you home?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, Chris, this is also my favorite Glenn Hughes song.
    Ah.....the lyrics, the melody, the hiss from the telephone connection.
    This musical masterpiece fits perfectly into a bowl,
    of mixed incense and peaches, huh? :huh:

Also:
    Here's hoping that your suggestion for Achim works out.
    He will, of course, need a personal assistant......you.
    (You know how these big-time rock stars are.) :eek:

• Terrific! Thanks David! By the way, this is shaping up to be a banner year for Heep fans as a new Hensley album, a new Heep album and a new John Lawton project are all on the books for 2007.

But in the meantime, I have my tix for BB's and I'm ready for GH to bring da funk...

Brian

• Here is a snippet from an interview with Ken Hensley, conducted by Jörg Reiche of the Rock Bottom radio show in Hamburg, Germany, where Ken talks about the musicians included on his upcoming release, "Blood On The Highway", which of course, includes GLENN :cool:

• Here's extensive interviews and live footage from the Hamburg, Germany "Blood On The Highway" event....unfortunately that GLENN couldn't get to, due to an Italian air strike!

http://www.actiontv.ch/showmovie_bothw.php?movie=bothw

Features Ken Hensley, John Lawton, Jorn Lande, Eve Gallagher, Manfred Ehlert and more!

In German and English, with sub-titles where needed.....mostly :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!