Bratislava - Divadlo Aréna - 19/11/2006

• Just a quick message upon returning from Slovakia...

Oh what a night.
    That was the best show I've ever been to.
    The band was on fire :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Papa was........ sorry :rolleyes: ......... DIVINE.... :bow: :claphands
    Yet - while many people were taking pictures with their mobiles, security confiscated a couple of cameras during the show (including one from the tall girl in front of me who coincidentially was from Vienna too), so mine remained in my pocket. Hence: no pics from me.

Also it didn't look like there was any sort of meet and greet after the show, and we left 20 minutes after the show since we simply didn't want to get back home too late.

Will post the setlist seperately, or somebody else probably will.

Off to bed now - hope to be able to get some sleep - that was such an intense experience, I might stay up all night :eek:

Later,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• It would appear that the general consesus of the reports posted here and elsewhere is that this tour started well and appears to be getting even better as they progress through Europe!!:claphands

Do you have a set list, Chris?

PJ

• Hi guys,

It's next day after the Bratislava concert and I still can't believe it's over. It was the most amazing gig I've ever seen. Glenn and the band was just simply incredible. I was a bit dissapointed of only one thing - they didn't play Monkey Man (don't know why).

The night started with the slovak band called FEEL ME - they are playing rock covers of well known movies (e.g. James Bond, Pulp Fiction, Mission Impossible, etc.). For me nothing special, but some people liked it.

After some half an hour break for doing necessary changes on the stage, the sound of Valiant Denial flowed in the air and the band came in and started the perfect show.

The setlist:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Valiant Denial[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Orion[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Land of the Living[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nights in White Satin[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Black Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mistreated[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In My Blood[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whiter Shade of Pale[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't Let me Bleed[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You Got Soul[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steppin' On[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You Keep on Movin'[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]encore: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Soul Mover[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Burn[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For me the best highlights was Steppin' on (great drumming, Marc Mondesir is simply great) and Mistreated, even though I expected a great version, it was even better. Pappa was amazing. I've heard some people in the back saying that he's not human :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The crowd was crazy, Glenn and a band enjoyed it a lot as well. Glenn was talking a lot to the audience and even doing some "singing conversation" when audience repeated some sounds coming out of Pappa's mouth. :singer: Incredible!!![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About 20-30 minutes after the gig, the band came out of the dressing room to a merchandising place and was signing tickets, CDs, T-shirts, anything people brought to them. About 1,5 hour after the gig I was still at the place and had a chance of talking to Jeff Kollman and Anders Olinder, even got their phone number as the band decided to stay one more night in Bratislava before they move to Zagreb. So hopefully I might go out with Pappa to see some city center and have a beer. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If anybody has any pics or videos or recordings or anything from that gig, please, contact me or put it here on this forum.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For those who are going to some GH gigs in future, get ready for the storm :bouncer::clapper::claphands[/FONT]

• well, olaph69 has now given you all the details, which I wasn't capable of yesterday ;)

I'm always the most lucky guy of the bunch, especially as it seems that we left only minutes before the band decided to meet the few folks that had stayed in the foyer after the show.... :( :( :(

Anyway, here are a few more thoughts:

FFF was sold out (did I really think I would finally get my copy???) - they didn't have any at the merch-stand, and I asked two times if there were any left, but there simply weren't.

The support band was okay. Different to the usual support bands you get to hear. And they did decent funky versions of the "James Bond Theme", "Knight Rider" and "Das Boot".

The crowd - small (250-300 is my guess), passionate and very loud. Good to see a lot of girls.

Jeff Kollman was outstanding. I would have loved to talk to him after the show. What a great player :thumbup:

Mark Mondesir - what can I say!? A powerhouse drummer with a fantastic technique. Competition for Soulmover :D

Anders - quiet, essential and very creative :clapper:

and Papa.... :bow: :bow: :bow: - standing only 2 metres in front of him you could feel the energy, the love and the fantastic vibes he shared with the crowd and the guys in the band on that special night.

I lay awake for more than one hour and finally got three hours sleep.

Christian

MEDUSA

• great christian-looks like you have to leave austria to be sure to see glenn :)

• What a night! As Christian has stated what an unbelieveable performance that was :bow:

I'm happy that we got to that concert, after missing the last one in Bratislava, because we came back from England too late. Thanks Chris for organising the tickets! :thumbup:

I was able to make some pictures with my mobile, these are the best ones :cool:

Next time we will go to England Chris, for sure!

• It's next day after the Bratislava concert and I still can't believe it's over.
    It was the most amazing gig I've ever seen.

Yeah, a Glenn Hughes concert will do that to you.

.....and Mistreated, even though I expected a great version, it was even better.
    Papa was amazing. I've heard some people in the back saying that he's not human.

I've suspected this for quite a while.
    Especially when you get five different "Glenn Hughes" singing during one song:
    lead, duet, AND back-up vocals, all at the same time.
    Cloning Glenn into "The Hughes Quintuplets" was a wonderful idea :)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

For those who are going to some GH gigs in future, get ready for the storm.

[/FONT]I like the way you think :hi5:

Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Two late additions to this thread, page 6 from the November issue of the ticketportal.sk programme folder (that's where I ordered the tickets) and the ticket stub for the Bratislava gig.

Note the interesting spelling (i haven't seen that one yet) in the gig advertisement... :huh: :confused:

Christian

• Note the interesting spelling (i haven't seen that one yet) in the gig advertisement...

:sint3: GLENN HUDGES :1:

Chris,
    I like the way that they put the advertisement photo
    of Glenn, next to the name Glenn Hudges.
    It looks as if Glenn is actually looking at that name,
    and saying: "Who.....IS.....that guy? :huh:

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!