Dio & Iommi to play Monsters of Rock

• Heaven & Hell set for Monsters Of Rock 2007 :thumbup: :clapper: :D

Heaven & Hell – the new band featuring singer Ronnie James Dio and Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward – look set to play next year’s Monsters Of Rock festival.
    Monsters Of Rock returned to the UK festival scene at Milton Keynes Bowl this past summer, with Deep Purple as headliners. Now it looks like it will return in 2007, with Heaven & Hell (basically Dio-era Sabs by any other name) on the bill.

Witness this conversation between Classic Rock and Dio at Monday’s Classic Rock Roll Of Honour awards…

CR: Speaking of Tony Iommi, there are of course rumours that you will be reuniting with him, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward as Heaven & Hell next year.

RJD: They’re absolutely true. We’ll probably be doing a year of touring together. And it’s looking like you’ll see us at the Monsters Of Rock festival, then shows in America. And after that we’ll come back to the UK for eight or nine more shows.

CR: That’s amazing news. More amazing still was that Ozzy Osbourne wished you well with Heaven & Hell.

RJD: Yes, he did. Bless Ozzy. He’s a special, special person. He’s one of the creators of heavy metal music. He deserves wondrous applause, he’s a wonderful man and I hope he and Sharon’s lives are very, very happy.

Now if only Glenn could get on an event like this :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :(

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• WELL WOLFY - WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR? LETS START A CAMPAIGN HERE FOR GLENN TO PLAY THE MONSTERS OF ROCK? THERE IS ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT? WHAT DO YOU THINK? WE CAN CONTACT THE PROMOTERS AND ALSO GLENNS MANAGEMENT TO SEE IF THEY ARE UP FOR IT? HOWEVER - I THINK IT WOULD HELP IF IT WAS PROMOTED AS A SHOW WITH CHAD SMITH ON DRUMS THEN IT WOULD BE BETTER!

Steve

The rock gets rockier - whilst the Funk gets Funkier!!! :lol:

• Heaven & Hell set for Monsters Of And after that we’ll come back to the UK for eight or nine more shows.

Sounds excellent, I'd rather see them at their own show then at a fest. Although if the MOR lineup features other bands I'd like to see then I may well go.

• Hi All,

as much as i would like to see Glenn at MoR. It is imho not the place for Glenn.

I think Glenn would hate to play there because it's a hardrock moniker (hope i spelled that right ;) ).

Glenn's music isn't hardrock. He would be in place at all the other festivals with all sorts of music.
    Bospop in Holland was a good exsample.

All the alternative festivals would be great. All he needs now is a hitsingle. For that matter it would be great if the rhcp did something with Glenn (not like KLF, but good, like U2 and Greenday now), just to make that connection to the general (american) public. (Lenny K. and the black crowes come in mind too)

Perhaps Rick Rubin is the man who can put Glenn back on the (american) global map. Look what he did for J. Cash.

On the other hand...
    what does Glenn want?
    I think he just wants to tour the world and play in decent (outsold) veneues (up to 500 or so) and make a record every year and sell 75.000 of them.

cheers
    Hiawatha72

• RJD: Yes, he did. Bless Ozzy. He’s a special, special person. He’s one of the creators of heavy metal music. He deserves wondrous applause, he’s a wonderful man and I hope he and Sharon’s lives are very, very happy.

Said with tongue firmly-in-cheek, do you think? :D

cheers
    John

• I totally agree with Hiawatha :claphands ..... Glenn needs to look forward to the future and playing with/opening up for artists that fill arenas and have record sales that chart. Not rehashing the past with yet another remake of Sabbath or Purple :( ...that will keep him in a very limited market.

Peace,
    Jaz

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Shame the person who shot this was so close to the Bass amp, anyway, here's Heaven & Hell from the other night, think I'll wait for the DVD which is supposed to be out in the Autumn.

• :thumbup: So right about the bass...but there is enough there to whet one's appetite.

I know I have some really good seats for the ABQ show (Twenty rows back dead center), and am anxiously awaiting H & H.

The money saved not going to Sweden Rock to see them will now pay for the NYC trip to see Mr. Glenn Hughes!! :thumbup:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!