Shepherds Bush Empire cancelled

• Hey Frank,

Was that the show this past January...I think it was supposed to be at Jaxx in Springfield? Oh man, I had no idea that the show didn't happen. For me, that is a good 3 1/2 haul what with the metro traffic. To travel all that way and then to be left sitting in your (probably overpriced!) hotel room was beyond a bummer I am sure!

That was the show at Jaxx. Michael decided he didn't want to play and that was all she wrote. He eventually gave some goofy, paranoid explanation on his website which left you even more perplexed.
    At least in DC, much like London, a trip there is never a waste of time. You can always find lots to do and keep yourself busy.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Harry Le Chat, JJ Web could be right but i seriously suggest ringing JB's first. i have friends who were told they couldnt take their son in to a different gig 6 months ago. (cant remember who it was)
    It may depend on the band.

If yes then check this link as another possibility for your travel from London

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=70041475

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Some of you that I have met at previous gigs in Dudley will know that I normally drive down from Glasgow to see Glenn.

Ian

Yes i remember chatting to you. I couldnt believe you had driven that far. :eek: :clapper: Now that is dedication to the cause.

I'll be in contact soon via PM.

• Add another frustrated GHCP to the list :( ...I'm over here in London on business, got tickets for the Shepherd's Bush show, only to have them cancelled ! :huh: ....Unfortunately, I cannot make the Dudley's show due to prior business commitments. At least I was able to see one show I had come over for, Level 42 at the Royal Albert... GREAT SHOW :thumbup:

Now I can only hope that Glenn does some shows in the U.S. for M4TD. Really odd that there are only 2 shows now for the UK, we keep hearing that M4TD is selling better than Soul Mover, but yet there were more shows to promote SM last year :confused:

I think its time for GH to start looking for new management/booking agents...because the current ones aren't getting the job done!

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Could do with the rest of the March dates being announced now too. what's the chances of that?

A couple of years back when the Deep Purple tour was scrapped due to illness after a couple of shows i had tickets for London and Birmingham. Found out the Hammersmith show was cancelled when i arrived at the venue! :mad: :mad: :(

• Hey David, thank you for the update on the March show and thanks to you all for the positive response to my first thread. Although I am new to the group I've been a fan for many years, and have been inspired by Glenn's voice so much so that I have formed a Deep Purple tribute band. We play regular in London and have a gig coming up next week in Croydon, I know it's not Glenn but hey it's a bit of fun hope you all enjoy the Dudlay and Northapton show's, peace

• This is quite gutting, it's a pretty long wait until the end of March...

Perhaps something horrible will happen to me on Sunday. On the last tour that Glenn rescheduled I ended up having Scarlet Fever on the original date so it worked out well.

Well if Glenn manages to get either Chad or John to play the gig I will forgive him with bells on!

• Harry Le Chat, JJ Web could be right but i seriously suggest ringing JB's first. i have friends who were told they couldnt take their son in to a different gig 6 months ago. (cant remember who it was)
    It may depend on the band.

If yes then check this link as another possibility for your travel from London

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=70041475

Thanks Wolfysmith. I sent JBs an E-mail but no answer...I will ring them just to make sure.
    Thanks also for the national express link.
    Cheers
    Nathalie

:ghcp:

• Hey David, thank you for the update on March show and thanks to you all for the positive response to my first thread. Although I am new to the group I've been a fan for many years, and have been inspired by Glenn's voice so much so that I have formed a Deep Purple tribute band. We play regular in London and have a gig coming up next week in Croydon, I know it's not Glenn but hey it's a bit of fun hope you all enjoy the Dudlay and Northapton show's, peace

Hey Rob - are you playing at the Cartoon? I often go down there coz it's near where I live :) Which band are you in? Seen Deeply Purple down there before :)

• Good news guys ! Seems like we are going to make it to Dudley:bouncer: They told me on the phone that they accept kids below 18 years old as long as the gig does not last later that 11 PM.
    I'm going to book tickets and car tonight.
    See you there...

:ghcp:

• Gutted,Was really looking forward to it,the new band seemed very interesting,more funky perhaps.
    Train tickets arrived a couple of days ago,dont know if i can get refund now.
    I`ll go in March,Dudley's too far,and i've got a football match Tuesday night.
    March seems such a long way away,i'll be another year older !

• posted on deep-purple.net:

The Shepherd's Bush Empire, London show has been pulled, rescheduled for the same venue for March 25th 2007 to fit in with the full UK tour. Glenn and his manager are really sorry for the problems this will cause, largely it has to be said not of their making. The two low-key dates remain and will go ahead.

We've been chatting with Glenn Hughes' manager ahead of the new tour and he has expressed frustration at the lack of UK shows. To make up he told us is working to organise another batch of dates for Glenn around March 2007 which will include several of the regular UK venues. More details to follow soon..

• Yes i remember chatting to you. I couldnt believe you had driven that far. :eek: :clapper: Now that is dedication to the cause.

I'll be in contact soon via PM.

I remember you introducing me to Ian that night. Dedication indeed.

Can some of you give us an idea of how many miles you've travelled for one gig? I know for some it's hundreds and for others thousands. I'm always fascinated by just how far, and by how many means of transport, that you'll use to get to see Glenn.

And Harry - hope to meet you and your family.

A great pity we can't all be at the same gig at the same time. Now THAT would be quite humbling and the most unforgettable gig ever!!

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• I also remember meeting Ian that night. I'll never forget that show at JBs. It was my first time in England....Glenn's hometown gig.....getting to meet Wolfy, Shirl and Jennifer, Keith Thompson, and Ian. Wish I could be there with you guys tomorrow. Have fun.

In answer to Shirl's question about distance traveled to a show.
    I've only done this for Glenn, no other bands get this kind of attention. :)

The shortest I've traveled to see Glenn was about 15 miles, right here in Phoenix. The longest was to England last year, about 5,000 miles. Plus trips from Phoenix to points all over the U.S. ......California, Nevada, Iowa, Florida, Iowa, Texas......

I sat down once and figured the total mileage I've traveled for Glenn, it was quite staggering since he doesn't actually tour the U.S. I think I still have that info somewhere, I'll post it here if I find it.

Of course I can't talk about all my travels without mentioning that most of them were with fellow GHCP, Todd. One half of the Chip and Todd Traveling Roadshow. :thumbup:

Chip

Chip

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!