Holy Man '95 (Feel Jp Bonus Track)

• Hi Michael,

its a very relaxed and laid back version of the song. The sound is practically the same as on tracks like "Save Me Tonight". The whole thing is made in a cool, laid back atmosphere.

Hope I could help,
    Achim

• Hiawatha - this version of Holy Man appears on the Japanese version of Feel only.

Hope this helps.

Steve

The rock gets rockier - whilst the Funk gets Funkier!!! :lol:

• No, Hiawatha,

it's the Japanese Bonus track.
    (ZERO Corp. , cat.no. XRCN-1243)

Turns up on eBay now and then.
    But I'm sure somebody from the board will send it to you ;)

As Achim has already said, the sound is very much like on the rest of the album, and the song is basically played 1:1 as the original.
    While I love the Feel album, I prefer the original Holy Man version.

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Hello,

does anyone know any other DP studio-song covered by Glenn Hughes and where they may appear on?
    I know of:
    - Burn 1994
    - You Keep On Movin' 1994
    - Holy Man 1995
    - The Gypsy 2000
    - Highball Shooter 2001

Bye

• Michael,

Glenn did a version of "Stormbringer" with John Norum and others for a DP compilation back in 1994 or 95. I think the album was called Smoke on the Water: A Tribute to Deep Purple or something similar. It was for the same label as Glenn's Blues CD but I can't recall the name at the moment.

• I like that version of HM, agreed it's laid back, well put!

Has a similar feel (haha) to the rest of the album.

Does anyone know who plays on it? Is Pat on HM?

• This cover is ok, but it lacks the sonic power of the original. The original has guitar parts zooming all around, synths backing up the guitar....I love the song but the thing that makes it so great are those sounds on the original. when Glenn is singing "Got to get down for your money"

John

• Hughes is the Doctor of SOUL

I did a version Holyman on my CD "SOULJOINT".

I luv Glenn's Original Holyman off of Strombringer

Gordo

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!