• hello there ! was on t'internet t'other day searching around, like you do, and literally fell over this website.
    http://www.colinowen.com/

nothing too special but spotted a link to Trapeze so off I go ! http://www.colinowen.com/Trapeze.html

I was rather hoping for dusty mostly forgotten mega rare performances, but think I stumbled across a (perhaps unintentional?) hoax !

go see for yourself !

:confused:

• Well i don't know. i will have to listen to it again when i get time

• I concur Chustler. A nice bit of fiction nonetheless!

Maybe he just got his files mixed up and has the real demos stashed away in the loft....... :lol:

Cheers,

Keith.

"I think everybody wants to be a Freebird......" RVZ

www.simplyled.net

• That's right Ad.

Glenn, Mel Galley, Dave Holland, guitarist Alan Clees and vocalist Ian "Sludge" Lees were the members that were Finders Keepers.

Ian "Sludge" Lees later found success out of the rock'n'roll field, as a comedian and still is today.

Coincidentally his current booking agent is none other than Jake Elcock who was also a former member of Finders Keepers at one point and later The Montanas - one member of which included Terry Rowley, who later appeared with Trapeze!

A small world, eh :)

• I emailed Colin raising the point regarding mixed up trax :
    I got this reply, "[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Try reading the text on the site... It’s the truth. The order is pure coincidence.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Colin." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]PS Wolfy - did Mel Galley ever work for Chris Evans of TFI fame ? Swear I saw the Melster on TV once letting the cameras into Chris Evans' flat !![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]or am I just going mad ???? :thumbup:[/FONT]

• I think that Mr. Owen is dillusional :D ...First off, the recordings he has on the website were not the product of "Demos" done at a Workingmans club in Cannock, they're copies of the originals from YATM...WJTB. I highly doubt that BJ Cole would "Re-create" his steel guitar part from "Coast To Coast" for these alleged "Demo" sessions.

Mr. Owen also states the following..." I think I'm right in saying that these demos got the band their first recording contract." :huh: ... I guess that Colin forgot that there were two albums already out on Threshold before these songs were even released :rolleyes:

Jaz

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• In general I agree with your assessments about this guy. But I think we should leave the possibilty open that he had all these old recordings together for years and pulls them out to share on his website- and he mistakenly (obviously not true) thought that these were his demos.. that was a long time ago you know!

Interesting find Mr. Denbow!

• Yep!! The guy is full of s**t.
    Sorry, but I'm sure he is. No doubt he was in Light Fantastic (saw them loads of times in my youth) but he's definately trying to prifit from this!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!