• Okay, so what was he doing thru these period? Did it really take him entire '78 to record four songs for "4 on the Floor"? Wasn't he touring or recording? Any ideas?

• The Four On The Floor sessions took place in 1978 and saw a release in 1979. Also in 1979, Glenn briefly joined forces with Ray Gomez, but in the end, they never actually recorded any material together.

In 1981, he did the session with the Climax Blues Band that saw his contribution to the song, Shake It Lucy. And of course, 1981 was the year that Glenn and Pat Thrall joined forces to form Hughes/Thrall :thumbup:

As Casper points out, there were no public engagements during that timeframe, at least to my limited knowledge :)

• ray gomez is a name i see on a lot of my seventies jazz albums but right now im too damm tired to look through them :(

• Quote from David

As Casper points out, there were no public engagements during that timeframe, at least to my limited knowledge :)

David, you can get away with allot here, but LIMITED knowledge in discussing Big Daddy is something I have to call you on :) :) You know as much about Glenn's career as he probably does himself :bow: :bow:

Every time I read one of your posts I learn something new about Glenn, and for this I am eternally grateful :thumbup:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Quote from FCinnella

David, you can get away with allot here, but LIMITED knowledge in discussing Big Daddy is something I have to call you on :):) You know as much about Glenn's career as he probably does himself:bow::bow:

Every time I read one of your posts I learn something new about Glenn, and for this I am eternally grateful :thumbup:

Your so right there :claphands

• Glenn was supposed to be in G-Force with Gary Moore and Mark Nauseef in L.A. (1979) but stepped out just when the band was about to start!
    Tony Newton (bass) and Willy Dee (voc) where brought in to replace him. They made one (ill-fated) album in 1980.
    Nauseef and Newton both had/were about to play with German Pianist/Keyboarder Joachim Kühn with whom Ray Gomez also played.

More info in this chat David has mentioned here and in one of the Gary Moore threads here. And of course in the one that Ad has already pointed at, G-Force highlighted respectively.

Later,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• I have just read in the liner notes of the Hughes/Thrall CD reissue and it states that Ray Gomez did record Coast To Coast during his project with Glenn Hughes which was financed by manager Bud Prager. Pat Thrall even says that he copied note-for-note of Gomez's solo for the Hughes/Thrall version of Coast To Coast. Logic tells me that Prager would still have the demo tape in his archives since he invested a lot of money in the failed project. Pure speculation but I believe there are other recordings of the Gomez-Hughes project that are locked away in the vaults.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!