first record you bought?

• Nothing to be ashamed of there, John. That's a classic tune. Gerry Rafferty was also in Stealer's Wheel, if memory serves, who had a hit with "Stuck in the Middle With You".

Cheers...Todd

And he did his stint with Spooky Tooth where he played with Luther Grosvenor who used the stage name Ariel Bender in a hugely successful stint with Mott the Hoople.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Nothing to be ashamed of there, John. That's a classic tune. Gerry Rafferty was also in Stealer's Wheel, if memory serves, who had a hit with "Stuck in the Middle With You".

Cheers...Todd

Well then, thank you! Was in Germany last month for three Blackmore shows and the F1 German Grand Prix. They had a cool cover band at the race that did that song and Ride Like the Wind by Chris Cross. Have never heard a band do Ride and haven't heard anybody do Baker Street in a long time (they had a sax guy too).They were from Stuttgart- Mad Chick of Soul- great band.

John

• Nice one, Frank! Luther Grosvenor was also in the band Widowmaker in the 70's, with the great Bob Daisley (Ozzy, Rainbow, Gary Moore, Uriah Heep). The band released a couple albums, and a compilation was released on CD a number of years ago. Bringing this around to Glenn, Bob Daisley was the bassist in Gary Moore's band for a series of albums including 'Run for Cover', which also featured our boy Glenn Hughes on five songs: Run for Cover (bass only), Reach for the Sky, All Messed Up, Nothing to Lose and Out of My System.

Cheers...Todd

• My first album and it is quite topical at the moment was Michael Jacksons Bad! I had it brought as a present when I was 6 years old. I used to put it on in the kitchen in the evenings while my Mum and Dad watched Emmerdale farm and I would dance and sing the night away to my hearts content! One of my favourite sayings is the one about Dabce like no one is watching - and that's what i did then and still do now! I'm by no means a die hard fan and my musical tastes have changed since then but I guess I have that album to thank for my love of music that grew with me as I grew up! Thanks for the music Michael! xxx

Love and hugs xxx :)

• Bringing this around to Glenn, Bob Daisley was the bassist in Gary Moore's band for a series of albums including 'Run for Cover', which also featured our boy Glenn Hughes on five songs: Run for Cover (bass only), Reach for the Sky, All Messed Up, Nothing to Lose and Out of My System.

Cheers...Todd

Reach for the Sky and All Messed up have always been 2 of my favs. that Glenn did. I really loved that record. It's been a while since I looked at the credits. I didn't remember G. on Run 4 cover (bass only). I definantly don't remember him on nothing to loose and out of my system. I'm going back to listen to those songs today. I can't understand if Gary hid him in the mix on those songs, but let him sing his ass of on the other 2. I'm remembering the Coverdale fiasco on "Sailing Ships". I couldn't hear G.'s voice on that song if my life depended upon it. Nothing like Pat Travers' "Stevie" , which is not only still one of my favorite PT songs, but also one of the best background vocals that i can think of Glenn singing.
    peace,

• Nice one, Frank! Luther Grosvenor was also in the band Widowmaker in the 70's, with the great Bob Daisley (Ozzy, Rainbow, Gary Moore, Uriah Heep). The band released a couple albums, and a compilation was released on CD a number of years ago. Bringing this around to Glenn, Bob Daisley was the bassist in Gary Moore's band for a series of albums including 'Run for Cover', which also featured our boy Glenn Hughes on five songs: Run for Cover (bass only), Reach for the Sky, All Messed Up, Nothing to Lose and Out of My System.

Cheers...Todd

And the first Widowmaker album is one I still listen too constantly. Steve Ellis on vocals was wonderful, but, as you mentione Bob Daisley (a true rock suoerstar ), I also remember that Huw Llloyd-Langton played guitar along with Luther. Huw was in and out of Hawkwind for about thirty-five years. Was a shame Dee Snider went out and did his "Widowmaker" as a heavy metal band, thus confusing many.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hmmm..first 45 was Layla - Derek & The Dominoes, the first LP (that I bought with my own money) was Led Zeppelin 2.

And my first ever CD purchase was The Healer - John Lee Hooker.

• First album: Kimono my house - Sparks

:cool: Still one of the best album covers of all time - and a great album too!

If memory doesn't fail me (has it ever...? ;) ) my first 7'' was Carrie by Europe :D, my first 12'' Build by The Housemartins - which I still have - and my first LP London 0 Hull 4 also by The Housemartins which I also still have.

I have no idea what happened to my copy of the Europe single - we used to swap singles from time to time among us three brothers and at school too, so it must have changed hands back then. I do have the Final Countdown album on vinyl though, including said track, of course.

:) Ch.

MEDUSA

• My first single was "We'll Bring the House Down" by Slade - in '81 i guess!

My first LP's were "Arrival" by Abba and Stevie Wonders "Songs in the Key of Life"! with money i recieved for my 9th birthday!! :)

It wasn't until i was 12'ish i bought my first rock LP's - Made in Europe was an early one!

• "High Voltage" - AC/DC and "One more from the road" - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Of course , I had some Purple on cassettes, like "Burn", "In rock" and others. But those were the first 2 vinyls, back in 1983. Both records are still among my alltime favorites, by the way.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!