Live in Rome 2006

• Just walked in and am sleep deprived....all I can say is:

GLENN HUGHES: VENI,VIDI,VICI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

In this crazy world you must change yourself....

Never compare yourself to others - people are more screwed up than you think.

• It was a fantastic performance from the band featuring Chad on drums, with an awesome setlist - was pleased to hear many of my new favourites among them :thumbup:

The Valiant Denial - Monkey Man - Black Light - Nights In White Satin - Gettin' Tighter - Mistreated - Don't Let Me Bleed - You Got Soul - Steppin' On - Soul Mover

Encore:
    Higher Ground - Burn

Great to see so many friends too - both old and new - which made the trip that much more worth it - hope to see you again sometime soon.

Meantime, here are some pix & clips from both the afternoon soundcheck and the evening's performance - more to follow in a few days :cool:

CHAD and GLENN during the afternoon soundcheck

CHAD

GLENN and JJ

GLENN during the evening's performance

CHAD

JJ

GLENN and JJ

GLENN

• David,

Did those 2 clips from Rome, Italy, go into that little dinky
    telephone/camera that you had in New Jersey last May,
    get "filmed and recorded" and then sent by satellite or cable
    (for all I know) to this computer screen, so that I could see
    how it's done live, for three guys to re-create that fantastic opening
    of "The Valient Denial" and to hear Glenn scream (in key) for "You Got Soul"?

This technology may be commonplace today, but.........GEE WIZ!

Well, we're definitely talkin' "Power Trio" here.
    Glenn, JJ and Chad sounded......just like the record.
    OOPS, I mean, just like the CD.

And would somebody please tell Glenn's godson's father that I haven't
    seen anybody twirl, toss, and catch sticks like that, except by
    the percussion line of the Cadets or the Crossmen Drum Corps.

Thanks for posting this David, although I have no clue how you did it :huh:

Not too shabby none.
    Enjoy the pasta, guys.....and have a safe trip home.

Grace

• Thanks David for the clips :bouncer: ....Chad is a freakin' animal on the drums :D ....and Glenn seems to step up his game everytime they play together. Awesome :thumbup:

• Hail the Power Trio!!!...........even though a keyboard is spotted in one pic.
    Thanks for the report :clapper:

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• David, thank you for the cool pix and clips :thumbup:
    Next to Chad I noticed a semi professional camera. Was the whole gig filmed ..... for a future DVD release? :D
    Did you hear anything about it?

• ....finally finding 5 minutes to post my thoughts (have to get on with moving; have to be out of here by Wednesday and the moving guy didn't show up today!!! :mad: )

It was an awsome show....I liken it to one of those old-fashion 70's summer block parties where the band just rocks on and on and on....it was great to see and meet people from all over Italy at the show (among cities, Trani, Afragola, Piacenza; I represented Palermo) as was meeting the lovely dynamic duo David & Shirean! It was a great mix of fans - from hard core DP fans into their 50's to kids who had become familiar with Glenn through his collaboration with Chad & John from the RHCP. Some silly kids thought John Frusciante was going to pop out at any moment, and were complaining at the end :lol: :lol: :lol: Go figure!

I still get goosebumps when I remember the ending of "Mistreated"....Oh.....my.....God! :claphands :claphands :claphands

The only let down, if you can call it such, was the fact that I really was expecting more people at the show.....as Roberto above me said, it was really poorly advertised and poorly organized, and the location was pretty crappy....but on second thought, it really did feel like a private gig, there was a great,friendly atmosphere and lots of elbow room! I haven't been that close to the stage since the days of........Duran Duran in the 80's (don't laugh - I'd still do it for DD to this day!)!I am seriously toying with the idea of going to Spain in September....I need another fix!

Pics are at the shop, will get them on Monday.

Last but never least....Glenn Hughes, it was truly an honor to meet you and to see you live.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Quote from Arjen

David, thank you for the cool pix and clips :thumbup:
    Next to Chad I noticed a semi professional camera. Was the whole gig filmed ..... for a future DVD release? :D
    Did you hear anything about it?

There was also someone in front of the stage filming; I asked him for some info but he said he didn't know if was going to be for future release :(

• well...it isn't as if I had just walked in after staying out all night (my body just can't do that anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I walked in after flying back from Rome - I slept erraticly in the days before the gig, what with moving, being stuffed by lawyers and getting ready to travel.

• Bravo for the pictures David!

Like you said, it was great meeting all the friends again. Together with a professional group of down-to-earth musicians it was another unforgettable experience.

Arriverderci,

- Fedor

• My pics are being retouched by the photoediting wizard that is Inmaculada, since they were taken with a disposable camera...in the meanwhile, here's a random sample:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!