Former Trapeze members

• I know what Glenn, Mel and Dave are up to now. What are the other former Trapeze members doing now ?. I mean Pete Goalby, Terry Rowley, John Jones etc.

Ayesha

• Pete Goalby was in Rainbow from 1978-80 and then in Uriah Heep from 1982-85, in 1986 he was in a band called Perfect Stranger, and had a short-lived solo career. Last I heard of him musically was in 2001, when he was allegedly doing a band with Pete Boot of Budgie and John Hinch of Judas Priest. As of late he has been working for UK Guitar Builder Patrick Eggle.

Heard that Terry Rowley was doing work on soundtracks. Not sure what became of John Jones.

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Thanks Bassboy for those updates. I hope I can add a liitle more.

Pete Goalby went out to the States on New Years Eve to meet Blackmore with the promise of joining Rainbow, but never actually played a gig with them.

Terry Rowley has a bar in Spain where he performs for his customers (to backing tracks he laid down himself, of course) and according to Mel, Johnny Jones is still working the clubs as a singer/comedian under the name of Johnny Moon!

Regards, John

• Thanks for the information bassboy and hackney. That is very kind of you :) :bouncer: :) :bouncer: :) :bouncer: :) :bouncer: .

Ayesha

• The Budgie connection grows another branch; after leaving Trapeze, Rob Kendrick was living in the States and played with Budgie for a time in the late '70's. And Budgie guitarist John Thomas played on the first Phenomena album; there was a black Les Paul Custom that found a home with both Messrs. Galley and Thomas.

Pete Wright moved to the States as earlier discussed and survived the DFW Delta L-1011 crash in 1985. I think he still lives in Texas..does anyone know for sure?

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• My Pleasure Ayesha :) ... And thank you John and Bill for the additional info :thumbup:

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• :huh:

PHP
    Pete Goalby was in Rainbow from 1978-80

:huh:

Did I miss something?? :)

Ronnie James Dio was Rainbow's singer from 75 to 78. Ronnie was recplaced by Graham Bonnet in 79. He was kicked out of the band after the legendary Castle Donington Monsters of Rock Show. This was in 1980. After Bonnet we had Joe Lynn Turner .. and the rest is history.

Maybe Pete Goalby auditioned for Rainbow. But he certainly never was a member of the band. Im glad he didn't :D

• Like I said ealier, I asked Mel for the definitive about Pete and Rainbow and he confirmrd that following a Stateside audition at New Year, Pete was sent back home and NEVER played with Rainbow.

• Bill, I believe pete Wright still lives in the San Antonio and maybe pursuing his proffesion as a bartender???

• Quote from Arjen

Graham Bonnet was kicked out of the band after the legendary Castle Donington Monsters of Rock Show. This was in 1980.

Hi Arjen,
    need your help here please - I wasn't paying attention in the Rainbow classes at school, but still I'm very curious.
    What happened at that show?

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Quote from chrisloeb

need your help here please -
    I wasn't paying attention in the Rainbow classes at school

This is very shocking news, indeed :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you don't start paying attention in class, young man,

you will be forced to repeat the semester, and begin with:

The History of the Deep Purple ~ Rock Family Tree ~101

(Like there has only been 847 people in DP, so far.......) :lol:
    (Don't feel bad; I don't know the story either.) :lol:

Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• I can confirm that Pete Goalby did audition with Rainbow either immediately before or immediately after Graham Bonnet (my memory is slipping a little at the moment). He even sang on some demos that were later wiped. He only lasted a couple of weeks as Blackmore was not impressed with his "limited range". He did not last long enough for any offical announcement to be made. Goalby then went on one final tour with Trapeze and then joined my favorite band, Uriah Heep, where he stayed until late 1985.

• Sorry Hackney,
    After I read someone stating Pete Goalby was a member of Rainbow from 78 to 80 I had to reply ;) so I missed your message.

Althought I cannot picture Goably wth Rainbow, I would love to hear his audition tapes :singer:

• I can assure you all that there is a story that I know about Goalby and Blackmore and the audition in Connetticut from a very good source but I can't relay it!!

Trust me he didn't play with Rainbow.

John

• Hey John,

Regarding Pete Goalby's 15 minute stint in Rainbow, a line from This Is Spinal Tap comes to mind....."Some mysteries are better left unsolved..." ;)

San Antonio seems to be a home away from home for British rockers; Wishbone Ash guitaristTed Turner lived there for many years so it is no surprise to me that Mister Wright has made his home there. I used to live there from 1983 till 1989 and am considering moving back there again since I have family there.I have many great memories of living there.

And Mark is dead right; San Antonio is a great rock n roll city!! Supposedly Rush played one of their first US gigs there at Randy's Rodeo, I believe. Triumph did likewise and Iron Maiden got some of their earliest airplay there on the late, great KISS 99.5 FM .

And Bad Company was once asked on Rockline what the strangest thing they ever autographed was....the answer was a tortilla! Seerms back in 1986 when the group played in San Antonio to promote their Fame And Fortune LP, they had gone to Mario's after the show. It's a famous Mexican restaurant that is open all night replete with mariachi musicians. My sister's friend Melanie heard these guys with English accents at the table next to her. After striking up a chat with them and knowing her younger sister was a big Bad Company fan, Melanie asked the guys to sign a flour tortilla with a Sharpie which the guys thought was funny as hell. She shellaced it and mounted it on a plaque as a present for her sister. I saw it and yes, it was pretty cool!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Bill that sounds like a nighty tasty snack indeed! I was made aware of a great Tex Mex band out of San Antonio a couple of years ago called Los Lonley Boys. They were voted best Rock Band at the festival there, I played their self titled debut album to death that summer. But the question is, where's the follow-up record?

Regards, John

• Quote from hackney

Bill that sounds like a nighty tasty snack indeed! I was made aware of a great Tex Mex band out of San Antonio a couple of years ago called Los Lonley Boys. They were voted best Rock Band at the festival there, I played their self titled debut album to death that summer. But the question is, where's the follow-up record?

Regards, John

Could it be, because...

Los Lonely Boys Bassist Joey 'JoJo' Sacarais Garza Arrested on Pot Possession, Assault Charges
    Bass player Jojo Garza, of the Garza brothers from Texas who make up the rock band Los Lonely Boys, performs at the Providence Performing Arts Center in Providence, R.I., Sunday, Sept. 25, 2005. The bassist for the Los Lonely Boys was arrested Saturday in Austin Texas on charges of marijuana possession and assault, authorities said. Joey "JoJo" Sacarais Garza, 26, was in town with fellow sibling-bandmates, who were preparing for a concert. (AP Photo/Robert E. Klein)
    07-22-2006 9:57 PM
    AUSTIN, Texas -- The bassist for the Los Lonely Boys was arrested Saturday on charges of marijuana possession and assault, authorities said.
    Joey "JoJo" Sacarais Garza, 26, was in town with fellow sibling-bandmates, who were preparing for a concert.
    Police responding to a report of a disturbance at the Omni Hotel in downtown Austin found Garza and a woman in his room, police spokeswoman Laura Albrecht said. The woman was assaulted, Albrecht said.

Garza was charged with assault causing bodily injury and possession of less than 2 ounces of marijuana. He was released from Travis County Jail hours later.

The San Angelo-based Tex-Mex flavored rock 'n' roll group hit the national spotlight in 2004 with their Grammy award-nominated debut album "Los Lonely Boys."

Chip

• Thanks Chip :lol: Well it doesn't mean to say he's a bad person!! It seems I'm also getting my San Antonio's mixed up with my San Angelos!!

Time for another cold beer I think

• Goalby had audition at Roger Glover’s home studio (Prentice Wood) in England and musicians recorded an early version of “Since You Been Gone”. Then Peter went to France with Rainbow (Pelly-de-Confeld castle). Two days later Goalby was fired.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!