Before Time Will End

• Hey Jon,

I actually recorded some stuff during the past weeks. Songs which are very diverse, regarding the style. Some are more funky, others more the classic rock type of vein. This is one of the major reasons why I always refused to dig into a typical band-situation, in which you are often "stuck" in a genre or style. I lately made a song called "Before Time Will End" which is based on a "big" riff. It is highly possible that I will change the arrangement at some points (the bridge, for example) later on. It is just a pre-production, even it took some time to do it since I recorded I think 5 or 6 guitar tracks and several keyboard tracks as well (trumpet-sounds, choir sounds, strings, organ), basic drums, bass and at least 3 voice tracks. I made a rough mix so far and that is what you will hear. The singing will also not be the final singing, of course. Not sure if I will sing it by myself in final version (only better...lol) or if I will pass it to some fellow singers which I know, including Pete Stanford.

The file is about half of the song .... hope you can get an impression, mate.

cheers, Achim

• Sounds good. Your vocal phrasing on this song reminds me a bit of Geoff Tate of Queensryche at times (though singing in normal human range!). I like how the song builds up to the chorus, and the chorus keyboard riff is cool. I think you should try to beef up the chorus music a bit, though, to make it a bit more powerful. Maybe adding another, ballsier keyboard (playing the same riff, but an octave lower?) or a heavier, bassy guitar? Not quite sure what will work best. Something to beef it up a bit so that each section of the song gets more powerful as it goes from verse to bridge to chorus.At least, it seems that is what you are going for. You already achieve this on the verse-bridge transition, and I think the bridge-chorus transition is close. Keep up the good work - looking forward to hearing more as you record.

• Thanks for another great music, Achim. That new song sounds really big, just deserves a big production, I think. I also like the psychodelic feel which comes up turning into the solo section. Would love to hear the full song when its completed.

Achim, I decided to post 2 of the photographs that I took last summer when I met you in Germany. Dunno, if you have already seen them. What I like the most is the strange singer on stage beside you which was totally drunk and still holding his empty beer bottle even if all hell´s breaking loose...:lol::lol::lol:

see you in Seebronn, Lisa

• OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I´ve never seen these pics before. It looks even more embarrassing as I do recall that night .....:confused::confused:;);)

The singer´s name is Phillipp and as far as I could count that night he had at least 10 bottles of beer .....:lol::lol::lol: I suggested playing "Run To The Hills" as an encore that night but we soon dropped that idea, regarding his state .....:D:D:D:D

thanks anyway and thanks for the comments as well.
    Jon, thanks a lot for your helpful comments, mate. As always, I do really appreciate that very much, my friend.

Gotta go for a haircut,
    Achim

• Hallo Achim,

Before Time Will End sounded familiar when I downloaded it ;)
    Something I might have heard before? :D :D :D
    Oh, and is that Ken Hensley singing? :p :rolleyes:

No seriously - how are your plans for the summer shaping up?
    I hope everything is going well with the new job!
    Drop me an e-mail sometime -

Later,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Hi mate,

yes, it´s the song that I sent you recently. Thanks again for the Hensley thing...lol.....he was my guest for a whole week...:D:D

Sent you an email today, my friend.

cheers, Achim

--------------------------------------------
    I wish all argentinian fans a "bon voyage" back home after the game on Friday :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Hey Jon,

this is a new ballad that I wrote, just to make a little difference here regarding the style of music ;)
    Hope you like it.

cheers, Achim

• That song sounds good, too. The recording and mix sounds more polished than the other one. When are David and Shirean starting a ASPG.net site?

• Hey Achim, looks like you got your wish my friend. Can you wish Bon Voyage to Portugal tomorrow as well?:cheers:

John

• Hi Achim, liked this a lot more than what I've listened to before of yours, but I really think it needs some "texture" built into it. In other words, it has to build more to a climax , and you can do this in the production. What would Neil Young do with this song?
    Good luck my friend!

Best regards, John

• Hey John,
    unfortunately my wish has not been fulfilled :) I´m really sorry that England is out.

Thanks for giving your view about the song. I will try to do my best doing some changes in the arrangement and/or adding some more bits to achieve such kind of "climax". Glad you liked it, my friend!

cheers, Achim

• Achim,

Awesome music, would like to hear more of your new ones, I have had great times with you and would like to continue them. Good luck on your music and new neighborhood.

Later Buddy, Andrew

• NOTHING MORE TO SAY is very, very good! The outro which you did with the string section would also fit as an intro for the song. Just an idea from me.
    If you live where I think you do, then you are not more than 25 kilometers away from me, Achim.
    Hast Du nicht schon mit Köbi gespielt?? Der von Groperk?

Its good that here is also a subforum for those who are playing music theirself.

Iggy

• Thank you very much, Catweazle! Glad you like the song as I do. Yes, I live where you think I do :D Just about 30 kilometers distance from you...
    Ja, mit Köbi habe ich schon gespielt. Einer der besten Drummer, den ich kenne. Woher weisst du das denn?

cheers, Achim

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!