• A new band from Australia (the continet, not Austria, the country - my home is the latter), the romantically named Wolfmother are getting sensational reviews here in Europe and their debut album now seems to be out.
    Be sure to check out their website HERE - after a first quick listen to the sound clips, they sound like a healthy mixture between Led Zeppelin and The Black Crowes. Great stuff.

Would be interesting to find out what our friends from Down Under think about the band!?

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• I just borrowed the cd from a friend. They are ok. Similar to the trendy "garage bands" popular lately like Jet, Strokes, etc., except with a Zepp/early Sabbath slant rather than the punk influence.

• i'd heard it all before... led zep and sabbath .. it's not bad.. just not great.

• A good little band but, as Andydude says, they follow a formula. Of course it is a very successful formula but...............

• I really don't understand what the fuss is all about with Wolf Mother - they really aren't very good and there are certainly much, much better bands playing around the live scene here, guys that could wipe the floor with them.
    They just don't float my boat bro'

• I hope to check them out next week when they play in Amsterdam.

cheers

- Fedor

• Quote from Aussie_Mike

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about with Wolf Mother - they really aren't very good and there are certainly much, much better bands playing around the live scene here, guys that could wipe the floor with them.
    They just don't float my boat bro'

You don't live in Spain.Here the best band are Sex Museum and we can´t choose anymore bands.Too much pop is around here :huh: :huh: :huh:

• Saw them play in Minneapolis last month - they put on a great show! Start to finish, full of energy. Personally, I like the CD :thumbup:

• That's records companies for you - they only choose garbage!
    When I sppoke to JJ Marsh last saturday, he said he was having difficulty in finding a record company to release his solo album.
    I heard the samples online and I can honestly say, that it is one of the best things I've heard in a long, long time.
    Too bad record companys are all about money and not about talent!

• I don't mind Wolfmother. I picked up their album at a good price, and I enjoy it. They obviously listened to a few good influences, and did their own thing with it. It's not for everyone, but I can appreciate their intentions.

Cheers..Todd

• Quote from hackney

For one horrible moment when I logged on, I thought Wolfy had given birth! Jeez, what a shock. . .:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: see u for a drink when we get back John:cheers:

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I've only heard one tune on cable..the tune which I don't know the name of..reminded me of Captain Beyond.

Greatness or discount bin?

Time will tell

Listening to Walter Trout..Full Circle
    Drinking..Grand Marnier

• Quote from Aussie_Mike

When I sppoke to JJ Marsh last saturday ...

:cool: :thumbup: :lol: :bow:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• First time I listened to them was just by chance, but I was astonished to hear such a sound nowadays from a new band (even they follow a formula...who doesn´t?). The structures of the songs, the arrangements, the lyrics, I instantly found them awesome and I did even more the more I heard from them.
    Great band.

Achim

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!