Remaster/New Album

• I expect things are busy with M4TD (great album - I really like Frail and Valiant Denial) but its gone a bit quiet on the Hughes Thrall front.

Anyone know whats happend to the remaster ? wasn't it supposed to be out by now ?

Cheers

Rich

:)

• Amazon.com has just posted information on the pending release of the digitally re-mastered version of Hughes/Thrall, from Rock Candy Records. They state that the CD will be released on August 10th.,2006, and that it will feature 2 unreleased tracks :thumbup:

Here's the text:

"Digitally Remastered Edition of the First Collaboration Between the Former Deep Purple Bassist and the Former Guitarist of Automatic Man, (Post-steve Winwood) Stomu Yamash'ta's Go and Later of (Post-steve Howe) Asia. When Originally Released in 1982, this Album Found a Ready Made Audience in Hard Rock Circles as this Project Sounds Like Much of the Power Rock of the Era, but Both Protagonists Overtly Incorporated a "New Wave Edge" that Makes These Recordings Quite Special and Has Helped to Keep them Fresh all These Years Later. Fans of this Album have Vastly Grown in the Ensuing Years as Friend after Friend Passed the Word On. Hughes Remarks, "i have Lost Count of the Many People (And Musicians!) who have Put this CD at the Top of their Playlist. I Am Very Proud of this Project. Pat and I Are an Incredible Team. He is a Craftsman. There is a Definite Vibe on this Gem". This Edition Adds Two Bonus Tracks that were Not Available on the Original Album. Hughes/Thrall Two Arrives in 2007."

And Here's the link:

https://www.ghpg.net/ctc/shop/music…&x=HughesThrall

I can't wait :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Jaz

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• In case you missed it over at mr.com....

Pat and Glenn Hughes have been working on the re-issue of their classic Hughes/Thrall album (Epic Records, 1982) and of course the long awaited sequel to it! More news on that soon - Glenn says it will be ready for release later this year - but for now, Pat let me know that he and Glenn completed work on the two bonus tracks for the re-issue. They will be Still The Night and Love Don't Come Easy. Pat says both songs were written for the 1983 Hughes/Thrall II record that never eventuated. The original Hughes/Thrall is to be re-issued by Rock Candy Records in the UK shortly.

• Hey is the Hughes/Thrall remaster and Hughes/Thrall II going to be avaiable in the US?????? Gonna have to have it! Like everythibg else....
    Many Thanks
    Rickiel

• Hey if they are not sold in the US surely someone with a heart would sell me a copies! Glenn makes the world go round.
    Rickiel

• Just a reminder, that it's now available for pre-order....

https://www.ghpg.net/ctc/shop/music…&x=HughesThrall

Digitally Remastered Edition of the First Collaboration Between the Former Deep Purple Bassist, GLENN HUGHES and the Former Guitarist of Automatic Man, (Post-steve Winwood) Stomu Yamash'ta's Go and Later of (Post-steve Howe) Asia, PAT THRALL. The Album Found a Ready Made Audience in 1982 Hard Rock Circles as this Project Sound Contemporary Then, However Since Both Protagonists Overtly Incorporated a "New Wave Edge", These Special Recordings Still Retain their Freshness all These Years Later. Word of Mouth Over the Years Has Vastly Expanded It's Fanbase and Stature. Hughes Remarks, "I have Lost Count of the Many People (And Musicians!) who have Put this CD at the Top of their Playlist. I Am Very Proud of this Project. Pat and I Are an Incredible Team. He is a Craftsman. There is a Definite Vibe on this Gem". This Edition Adds Two Bonus Tracks that were Not Available on the Original Album: "Still the Night" and "Love Don't Come Easy". ("Hughes/Thrall 2" is Scheduled to Arrive in 2007).

• According to Amazon.Com, the digitally remastered edition will be released on August 29 and will feature two bonus tracks: Still the Night and Love Don't Come Easy. The later is presumably the track we know as "Try and Take My Love" from the original H/T II aborted sessions. I pasted the CD description from Amazon below.

Can anyone confirm that this release date is accurate? If so, I'll be ordering my copy asap!

Product Description
    Digitally Remastered Edition of the First Collaboration Between the Former Deep Purple Bassist and the Former Guitarist of Automatic Man, (Post-steve Winwood) Stomu Yamash'ta's Go and Later of (Post-steve Howe) Asia. The Album Found a Ready Made Audience in 1982 Hard Rock Circles as this Project Sound Contemporary Then, However Since Both Protagonists Overtly Incorporated a "New Wave Edge", These Special Recordings Still Retain their Freshness all These Years Later. Word of Mouth Over the Years Has Vastly Expanded It's Fanbase and Stature. Hughes Remarks, "i have Lost Count of the Many People (And Musicians!) who have Put this CD at the Top of their Playlist. I Am Very Proud of this Project. Pat and I Are an Incredible Team. He is a Craftsman. There is a Definite Vibe on this Gem". This Edition Adds Two Bonus Tracks that were Not Available on the Original Album: "Still the Night" and "Love Don't Come Easy". ("Hughes/Thrall 2" is Scheduled to Arrive in 2007).

• I haven't been here in a while and apologize if this question has already been answered....but does anyone know when the record is being released?

• According to the Amazon track list there are two new or previously unreleased songs on this reissue :)

Still the night
    Love dont come easy

Any one got any information about them?

• That's correct Iain. I also understand there will be an accompanying 16-page full colour booklet with original and enhanced artwork with new photos and extensive memorabilia with full involvement from GLENN and PAT, plus a 4000 word foreword by Geoff Barton (editor, Classic Rock magazine). It's due for release in October.

• The Remaster should have hit the shops on monday this week so has anyone got their copy of the remaster yet? If so what is it like?

I am still waiting for mine from Amazon, apparently they have had problems with getting stock, is this a widespread problem or just Amazon?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!