Broadband or Dial-Up?

• Hey Chutsler,

I hear what you are saying...I did have cable for a long time and you take its speed for granted until you move somewhere and it is the only option. Out here in "the sticks" you have a choice of dial-up or satellite. Satellite is dodgy unless you live somewhere with constant sunny weather.....

But that may change soon.....;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• BROADBAND CABLE.....couldn't live without it :thumbup:

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Broadband at work, and from today ... broadband at home, and about time too!!!:bouncer: I could only ever watch videos late at night at work and now I can spoil myself rotten 24/7.

I've just watched the snippet from 'Golden One' again, and again, and again ... I knew it was coming this time, and it STILL blew my socks off :bow: :bow: :bow:

Big Daddy - this sista loves you like crazy :rose:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• The phone company says broadband. But they use 3DES microwave radios to get out of town, and they are at capacity. So when the pipe is full I can be running as low as 23k. Yep, dial up speed.

But I have also gotten incredible speed. 8000K. They don't know how to limit your bandwidth consumption, so in the middle of the night when the radios are "empty" you can chew it all up.

But it is normally slower, as opposed to faster.

I also maintain a dial up account at a second ISP in case the broadband goes down, I can at least get email.

Dan

• i have dial up at home but very fast connection at work.
    the odd thing is i can download some stuff at work but not others. eg i can download the clips for the private show but not the podcast. also i can only view from my desk and not post. i have to go to the staff internet cafe to post. once Talk Talk do my BT exchange i'll be switching over.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• its not the area David, its the fact its an mp3. all mp3 files are blocked as downloads or email attachments, but movie files are allowed! At least i can read posts from my desk now. I havent been able to do that for 12months or so. and thats only if i go straight to fanforum.ghpg.net. if i try ghpg.net it is blocked!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I use to have DSL (2MB/s). I was lucky, I had it within 4 weeks in October 2001. I think it was the year in which it started here in Germany. But the first 2 years the speed was a bit slower (about 768kb/s). But nevertheless a huge step forward compared with dial-up.
    AND....no more sounding like a fax machine...lol

Achim

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!