About damn time - TERRY REID!

• Hey folks, after a loooong wait, Linda and I have posted a new interview with Terry Reid, the man basically responsible for the formation of Led Zeppelin. Terry has recorded an impressive catalog of his own over the years, and just last year three of his songs featured in the Rob Zombie film "The Devil's Rejects".

Terry is a hoot, and the interview covers everything from Abbey Road, Joe Walsh, Led Zeppelin, the Stones and more.

Check it out, and as usual if you like what you see, please share the link:

http://www.the-fuze.com/terryreid.html

Cheers...Todd

• That's a great interview, Todd - very enjoyable and interesting to read! Excellent questions. Sounds like Mr. reid had a great time too!
    :thumbup:
    Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• See? All the more reason to dig a little deeper and find out what Terry Reid's all about.

That 'Superlungs' collection that was released recently is quite good. I had heard of Terry Reid for years, but never actually heard his music until a few months ago. When you hear the stuff this guy was laying down at the age of 18-19 years old, you'll be amazed. Sometimes sounding a little like Robert Plant, sometimes Steve Marriott, and always full of fire.

Cheers...Todd

• Hey Todd,

Another fine job and a pleasure to get to know more about the man that Paul Raymond once referred to as the "greatest singer you never heard of". After leaving MSG, Paul and Terry worked together on a project that was scuppered when Pete Way came calling for a spot in Waysted. I think Paul sorta regrets the choice he made now. And your interview has the desired effect; you want to go out and pick up some of Terry's recordings and see what the fuss is about!!

The fire that Terry refers to was the Atlantic Records tape archive. I believe it was a former department store that caught fire and burned to the ground in 1976, if my memory serves me right. You can imagine the recordings that were destroyed...simply tragic! The fire often comes up in discussions of Cream live material; all that is left are the finished 2 track masters of the live tracks on the various albums. Almost all the multi tracks from the 1968 concerts that Atlantic taped were lost that night.

Remember...ALWAYS make a safety copy!! ;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!