Music For The Divine news

• Listening to the samples from M4TD . I like what I hear so far. I really like that it sounds like he is trying something a bit different - similar to the Soul Mover stuff, but not repeating that album...if that makes sense. Also happy to hear the acoustic stuff.

• Definitely the Soul Mover sound in a more matured form with a strong, modern funky touch.
    Possibly a little Chili Peppers influenced, although this may sound a little cliché-ish.
    I strongly believe that this really now is the sound Glenn has been looking for.
    I was expecting something completely different though, but maybe the big epic tracks (like Nights in White Satin) I have actually expected will be revealed in June.
    I really don't complain about what I hear though (how could I) - now that I know what it sounds like, I can't wait for the album to be released.... or maybe more soundbytes ;)

Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Stepping on :clapper:

Monkey Man :claphands

This is how i feel :bouncer: This song, even from such a small sample, is going to be a Big Daddy classic!

Roll on the full release

Love the strings, and the acoustic guitars. Underused in the rock genre, but add something different to the melting pot.

Paul

• I can wait for the CD to be released...don't want to spoil the surprise.... Looks as it will be worth every second of the wait!!

I think I will place my order with NEH Records since I have been greatly impressed with their selection, prices and service...Hmmm, is that a shameless plug or what?? ;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Quote from captmidnite1962

I can wait for the CD to be released...don't want to spoil the surprise.... Looks as it will be worth every second of the wait!!

I think I will place my order with NEH Records since I have been greatly impressed with their selection, prices and service...Hmmm, is that a shameless plug or what?? ;)

I'm gonna wait till it comes out too, I wanna listen to it all in full!

:bouncer2: :bouncer: :bouncer2: :bouncer:

• For those that missed it in the most recent edition of the CTC Podcast where GLENN gave us a thorough track-by-track rundown of Music For The Divine, here's the condensed version....:cool:

The Valiant Denial
    With each album I record I like to have an opening track that signifies what kind of record I am about to make. With the guitar introduction and the bombastic drums, bass, grand piano and guitar, it grabs the listener. This track is one of my all time favourites.

Steppin' On
    What can I say? This is the classic funk rock performance with the introduction with my own special synth wah bass groove.

Monkey Man
    This song just really moves. An amazing hook in the chorus with super funk verse.

This House
    Quite possibly one of the finest I have written in my career. This song should be heard all over the world on the radio.

You Got Soul
    I wanted to put on the album a fierce funk rock track featuring the super lung style of singing that my rock fans love. As with some tracks on the album, I am playing funk guitar on this song.

Frail
    I first wrote and sang this song on acoustic guitar and when I first played it to Chad and when his wife walked in the room and heard it, she cried. It is a sad but beautiful song. One of my favourites.

Black Light
    Three years ago a good friend of mine Lana Clarkson was found dead in music producer Phil Spector’s home. As I release this album he goes on trial for her allegedly killing her. I am very angry and I vented my frustration out in this song.

Nights In White Satin
    The first collaboration I did with John and Chad from RHCP. What can you say about this, it is probably one of the best cover songs I have ever done. Frusciante rules.

Too High
    Big rock groove with one of the voices appearing from outer space in the chorus. Great live song.

This Is How I Feel
    When I played this song to Chad Smith, we both thought John Frusciante would be perfect to play on this. It signals a new era of song writing for me, which basically has been inside of me for many years, but I walked through the fear to record this song.

The Divine
    The closer on my album is autobiographical of the changes that have happened in my life all coming to a climax of emotion announcing my divine path of spiritualism.

• Great clips! I heard all soundclips now and it all sounds very promising. In some ways, its similar to "SM" but more focussed on how it should be (from Glenn´s view).
    Speaking about my first impression, the 2nd song "Stepping On" is really a classic funk rock piece with a modern touch. Already love that one to pieces...
    "Frail" is the type of song I missed on recent albums. Very epic and with great depth.

Doubtlessly, you can see the influence of Chad on the album and Glenn in many, many ways, not only musicwise. The bottom line is that in my opinion Chad gave Glenn a lot of self confidence.

Good to see the colored glasses of the "The Way it is" and "ROCK" era still have survived....;)

nice weekend, all,
    Achim

• For those of you wondering who Mark Kilian is.....string arranger on Music For The Divine....you might be familiar with him as a member of Ape Quartet (remember Glenn recorded the track, 'Its Gonna Break' on their 2001 album "Please Where Do We Live?"), he's also had a string (!) of success for various Film & TV music arrangments & soundtracks.

You can checkout his full bio and accomplishments by visiting his website at:

http://www.markkilian.com

• if you head over to hmv.co.uk they are selling the cd pre-order for £8.99 and that includes free delevery in the uk.
    needless to say i have snap this offer up and cant wait for the postie to deliver it :clapper:

• And now Amazon.co.uk are selling it for £8.99 too.

If you spend £20 with them this week they'll give you a £5 gift voucher which has to be used be the end of June on another order over £20.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Thanks for the tip-off, Wolfysmith :)
    What a bargain & might as well order Tommy's 'Whips & Roses' while I'm at it,'specially with the fiver-off offer!
    Go on, twist my arm, Ian G's 'Gillan's Inn' as well
    June's gonna be a great month!!
    Cheers
    Ben

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!