Music For The Divine news

• from blabbermouth.net:

Legendary vocalist/bassist GLENN HUGHES (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) has finalized the track listing of his new solo album, "Music for the Divine", due on June 9 via Frontiers Records.

Produced by Glenn together with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith, the CD was recorded in Chad's house in Los Angeles and again features Chad on drums and longtime Glenn Hughes collaborator JJ Marsh on guitar. Also featured are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist John Frusciante and Mark Kilian, who has provided the string arrangements and keyboards.

"Music for the Divine" track listing:

01. The Valiant Denial
    02. Steppin’ On
    03. Monkey Man
    04. This House
    05. You Got Soul
    06. Frail
    07. Black Light
    08. Nights In White Satin (Bonus Track)
    09. Too High
    10. This Is How I Feel
    11. The Divine

Hughes had previously stated about his decision to call the album "Music for the Divine", "The title is very important to me. When you hear the music, you'll understand the meaning. The title speaks to me, as all the previous ones have. Divine is goodness and is a statement to the fans that really understand my music.

"The album has deep lyrical and spiritual meaning and once again is where I'm at, at the present time. I do not wish to tread into the past and so this album is a major step forward to me. This is my most honest and artistic album. I am very glad to know that things have continued to grow along spiritual lines."

• Is it the same version as the one that appeared on the Stealth ST, or have they re-recorded it?

Surely it would have been better to put Misty Mountain Hop on it? Or make NIWS a bonus track (which in all fairness it may be).

• It will all become clear very soon ;)

Of the handful I heard before the final mixing took place, the opener, The Valiant Denial, plus Monkey Man, This House and This Is How I Feel, really stood out - you know the kind of thing you want to play again right away, right now as soon as you hear it for the first time!! So really looking forward to hearing the finished results in June.

Think we're all gagging for it, right? :D

• if that pic is from chads backyard he has a great view :) - or is it the front gate? also i think i remember glenn sayinghe wanted misty mountain hop to go on a soundtrack

• Quote from wolfysmith

Frankly im suprised NIWS is on this release when its also on the Aussie release of Soul Mover.

It's actually a remixed version - so not a complete copy from the Oz release of Soul Mover & Stealth soundtrack. For more info on the album, be sure and checkout the brief conversation Shirean and I had with Chad yesterday.

• New Album MP3 clips on the Frontier records website. Only listened to one so far. The Valiant Denial. Can't really get a feel for the song [style], but Glenn sounds vocally on top form!:clapper:

• Quote from Paul Johnston

New Album MP3 clips on the Frontier records website.

As they're buried deep inside Frontiers website, here's the direct links, so you don't have to go digging :)

- The Valiant Denial

- Steppin' On

- Frail

These only give you a very tiny glimpse into the new album, but as you say, he's on top form :cool:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!