• Anyone else into them? I got a London 83 show and was very impressed by their abilities as a live band... The drums and bass just click and Meniketti's a great guitar player. Excellent energy too!

Daniel

• Most definitely - Shirean was just listening to UnEarthed and Contagious this morning :) If that's the Dominion gig in London, I was at that show - always remember it 'coz of the guy who had the blow horn, think I was deafened by that and not the music - he was 3 or 4 stalls down from me and my friends!!

Checkout this thread that might also be of interest!

• Quote from danielb

Are you originally British, David?

Still am last time I checked :D I'm what you call a Dual National, both UK & USA and about 20 years ago, made the plunge and moved across the pond to take advantage of the American side, plus of course, to hook-up with Shirean permanently - the long distance phone calls were killing us :lol:

• Quote from David

........plus of course, to hook-up with Shirean permanently -
    the long distance phone calls were killing us :lol:

The evil phone company's international-rate loss........

........is the Glenn Hughes Crazy People's gain.

Another good opportunity to say thank you for ghpg.net
    and to apologize for my part in tangling up the threads AGAIN
    for the new competition contest.

And I really appreciate "my ax" :axe:

Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Being a Bay Area Boy, I grew up listening to Y&T. They always put on a great show, and were very dedicated and passionate with their music.Their fans are very similar to GHCP's ;)

Another great band from the Bay that never quite got the recognition that Y&T enjoyed, but were rockin' all the same, was EARTHQUAKE :thumbup:

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Y&T is one of the best band of all times.
    in 2006 finally they will play in italy for the first time.
    and i have to thanx just myself for this :cool: :cool:
    this is a dream into myself from 1983, when i saw the band live for the first time in germany.
    they were supporting ozzy osbourne in mean streak tour.
    believe me.....that show changed my life definately !!!!
    it's a shame that Y&T never played in italy so far....
    finally they coming here..:bouncer: :thumbup:

• Although I'm not that familiar with them I like Y& T.I only know several songs from their Contagious cd(Eyes of a stranger,Contagious and Armed and Dangerous) Oh yeah, and one song from their Down for the count cd(Summertime Girls) I only know them from their videos being played on MTV in the 80's.Back then I was a 15 year old high school freshman that did nothing but, watched MTV all the time.That's when MTV was the best!They only played music videos not all this mess they have today! Too many shows not enough videos!I believe that's where I first saw Black Sabbath's(with Glenn) NO Stranger To Love video.Of course on Head Bangers Ball! Can't believe they tried to bring that back on MTV2!You can't recapture those times.That's how a lot of people got to know of the artist,from their video.It was great networking!Also,I got to give a shout out to WSOU Seton Hall University(Pirate Radio) in South Orange,Jersey!Jersey,my home state! They are the best! They played bands from the area and from all over and even had on air interviews with the bands if they were playing in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area.I remember them playing Sabbath's No Stranger To Love a lot too.That's how I got to hear about a lot of bands as well.Any one from Jersey would tell you WSOU is the station!Unfortunately,where I live I can't get it on the radio and I have not listened to them since the summer of 2000 but, hopefully my husband and I will be moving back to Jersey within the next 2 years and I can hear them then :thumbup:

:claphands

• I agree with you all - Y&T deserved superstardom! They were/are an amazingly good band. Been a fan since Meanstreak and never get to see them until last year, when I flew from Sweden to London for this gig (actually booked a meeting with a UK client as an excuse to get over - don't tell my previous employer...;-) ). Greeeeat gig! I havn't been as excited in probably 15 years over a live concert!!

The guys came out for a meet and greet session at the entrance after the show - very nice and down to earth guys. Had bought Meniketti's "On the blue side" from his wife and got it signed by the man himself. VERY recommendable cd btw - if you like hard rock blues.

My fave Y&T cd has to be "In rock we trust" - commercial I know, but what songs throughout the album!!

BR, Per

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!