Favourite Deep Purple line-up

• What are your favourite line-ups of Deep Purple ? I like the Mark 3 and 4 line-ups with David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes in the band.

Ayesha

• Mark II and the last 10 years!

Mark II has created an unique style, they were a fantastic live band :thumbup:

• Probably Mk 3... Burn is my fav DP album and I listen to the Hughes/Coverdale stuff more than the MK 2 stuff now, I think I may have heard the MK 2 songs too many times!

• You're right,Beese. The radio stations seems to be playing "Smoke on the Water" more than anything else the band had ever released.

Ayesha

• MK III line-up is my favorite without a doubt:bouncer:

Wanted the MK IV band to be my favorite, but Tommy's addiction got the best of him throughout most of his time with DP. It was a brilliant album though.

But I have to admit that I have a soft spot for MK II...especially the "Who Do We Think We Are" album. "Woman From Tokyo" and "Rat Bat Blue" still tear me up:guitarmet

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• Quote from bassboy

But I have to admit that I have a soft spot for MK III...especially the "Who Do We Think We Are" album.

That would be MKII, of course ;)

• Since Deep Purple started for me, with the televised broadcast of California Jam,
    I always thought that the MK3 line up WAS "the classic line up." (Actually, I still do.)
    Plus.....I had no clue what the names of the DP players were.

And when I heard the news that the "strange" guitarist
    (who had beat up the TV camera with his guitar)
    had been replaced by a more normal person, that was OK with me...........:lol:

Yep, any line up with:

HUGHES and COVERDALE.
    (The Purple Boys.)

axmuremoticon.gif

• MK III line-up is my favorite without a doubt:bouncer:

Wanted the MK IV band to be my favorite, but Tommy's addiction got the best of him throughout most of his time with DP. It was a brilliant album though.

But I have to admit that I have a soft spot for MK II...especially the "Who Do We Think We Are" album. "Woman From Tokyo" and "Rat Bat Blue" still tear me up:guitarmet

Yeah,you're all right,what a great stuff!!!! :thumbup:

• I love Glenn so much,a great man,as far as David is concerned,too bad that he spent his life trying to be Robert Plant,it's well worth trying,but...he won't be.

• For me it has to be........ Mk3.....(ryme not intended !!!!)

Reason:Brilliant Vocals and how they were arranged giving the songs extra interest.

I know this applies to Mk4 but there's no Blackmore!(tee hee)....sorry.... for some reason i tried my hand at poetry last night ;)

Cheers...

Pete S.:singer:

• Got to be Mk IV, Come Taste the Band ..... the most criminally underrated album ever released by any band!

Absolutely ... AMEN! :bow:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Mark II is certainly considered as the best one because they invented something unique . But Mark III was also inventive especially on Burn and Stormbringer albums . About live albums , I surely like Made in Japan but I also enjoy Live in Paris 1975 because it was recorded at home . A friend attended that historic concert .

• For me Mk3 is the best. I think that the voices of Glenn and David match perfectly, so I listen to Cal Jam '74 again and again, I'll never grow tired of it! :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!