Live in Kilburn 1974

• According to dpas....this excellent live recording from Kilburn, England during the MK 3 1974 UK tour will be remastered and remixed with the 30 minute Space Truckin' included!

Hope it really comes about, been waiting on this for ages :thumbup:

• Hmmm...I can't understand why EMI just doesn't release it...it was remastered etc. ages ago. And it was released in Japan with Space Truckin' included...:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

...it is funny though that bootleg - taken from BBC reels - is a bit longer than official release...

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

...been listening to new The Flower Kings CD Paradox Hotel - which is awesome - but now I have to put LiL on...:)

"Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together..."

T:)

• Great news!

I bought this album in 1983, a year after it was released, I think. I always considered "Mistreated" from this as one of the best versions (if not the best) of Mk III.
    Haven´t heard it in a while though....isn´t it the one where an announcer says at the beginning "This band´s been told the loudest band in he world...ect."?

P.S. Love the clothing on the covers....:D

I only found Ritchie´s guitar sound always too loud and crunchy (not sure if its the right term in english). But on most recordings of Mk III the sound wasn´t the best.

I also love another recording from that time which is very similar, its called "Deep Purple - The Final Concerts" which has a stunning version of "Burn" on it and "The Gypsy" as well.

cheers, Achim

• the Japan version of Space Truckin wasnt remixed tho.

An awesome concert - i prefer this to Live in Europe.

Achim, this era had my preferred Blackmore "sound". and yes it is CRUNCHY. thats what i love about it!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Ah yes..fond memories of this album. I bought it at the long gone killer record shop called The Wax Museum in Massepequa NY. I remember paying about 18 bucks for it; a lot of bread back then for an import album and a serious dent to the wallet. I had just really started listening to Deep Purple seriously the year before (I believe my first DP purchase was the "Deepest Purple" album.....bought after being knocked out "Burn" on WNEW 102.7!) and was reveling in the music. Of course, after the Mark II reunion, you could find stacks of the "Live In London" album in the reduced bins for about 5 bucks..argh!! I know that EMI has been promising this release for the last 5 years or so....no, really, they are serious this time!! The Japanese version with "Space Truckin'" hasn't been remastered...this has been pointed out on the DPAS site.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hmmm...Japanese Live in London was released by PurpleRecords/Yap inc. Notes are written by Simon Robinson....why Simon didn't release it in Europe/USA? Does EMI own this recording?

I would guess that source for Space Truckin' was Listen Learn Read ON -boxset - wasn't that remastered?

Perhaps they are going to do yet another mixing, but IMHO this one sounds really good - good enough.

T:)

• According to Simon Robinson, our friend over at http://www.deep-purple.net

EMI have confirmed a release date of September 3rd 2007 for the Live In London 2xCD. All pre-orders from dpas online store will have the special slipcase. There is still no word on the vinyl edition but I am still working on this.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Great news!! :thumbup::clapper:

And I think that no one is happier than Simon Robinson now that the CD has an official release date. I know he was dreading the distinct possibility of having to choke down another pointy hat! ;)

I bought the 2-CD set of the BBC recordings back in...I think...1998. And if you read the booklet there is an announcement about forthcoming titles in the remaster series....I think you all can guess what one of them was! :D

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Yep, Blackers starting You Fool proper is just awesome... The aggression in his tone. Outstanding. Listen to Lordy's frenetic work just afterwards too... The best band there ever was. :)

• Really looking forward to this. I had a tape of the full show way before the vinyl. Lots of good memories of Space truckin.

All I need now is to get Stormbringer released and them to find the CTTB tapes.

• I used to own the boot of the show which I sold and never heard of the contents since then :(

Is EMI releasing exact the same source remastered ???
    EMI is re-releasing the boot you mean ?? :clapper:

• The show broadcast on BBC radio. My older brother managed to tape it.

I haven't heard the vinyl, or Space for many years now.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!