Trapeze LIVE Footage?

• Afternoon All,

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anybody in the forum seen any decent live Trapeze footage?

Trapeze and Humble Pie are two of my favourite bands but live footage is extremely hard to find (I have some very ropey footage of Humble Pie, the only decent early clip is 'For Your Love' on their DVD EP). I've never come across any Trapeze but I'd wager that they were a very dynamic band to watch on stage.

Perhaps there are some old TV specials or live clips out there somewhere???

Ciao,

Keith.

"I think everybody wants to be a Freebird......" RVZ

www.simplyled.net

• Hi Keith, I know that Trapeze did The Old Grey Whistle Test, but whether any footage survives I don't know. If anyone can track it down – you're the man!

• I'm sure it would of surfaced by now if there was something available. Having said that, it's probably in the BBC Archives somewhere! We've seen quite a few releases by other artists taken from 'The Old Grey Whistle Test', so there's at least some hope their performance still exists somewhere in the vaults of Bush House or Wood Lane :)

Perhaps you could contact Bob Harris - if he doesn't have the info, he should at least be able to point you in the right direction - you can reach him via https://www.bobharris.org/

• Quote from chutsler

The five man line-up appeared on 'Colour Me Pop'.........

Yeah, the July 5th, 1969 appearance on the BBC-2 TV show, Colour Me Pop was recorded at The Lafayette ("The Laf") in Wolverhampton. They performed Send Me No More Letters, which was to become their first single on Threshold Records, the record company formed by members of the Moody Blues.

• Wouldnt it be a dream come true if a live complete live performance would see the light of day. Didn't Trapeze toured extensively during their peak? Some venues have indoor videosystems which would film all concerts which took place back then.

All we can do is keep hoping if something pops up. I woulndt be surprised if a show was filmed back in the day and is still in a archive somewhere.

• Hi Arjen, I just got off the phone to Trapeze manager Tony Perry about the existance of any life footage, and he said that back in the late 60s–early 70s, there weren't so many video cameras around! ( I know it's hard to believe now), but it was 8mm film or super 8mm in tiny 4 minute bursts. . . we may have to wait a little longer to see if some of these surface.

Kind regards, Hackney

• Quote from hackney

I just got off the phone to Trapeze manager Tony Perry about the existance of any life footage, and he said that back in the late 60s–early 70s, there weren't so many video cameras around! ( I know it's hard to believe now), but it was 8mm film or super 8mm in tiny 4 minute bursts

Yeah, and it's probably video only with no sound, I'm guessing? Kind'a like what we got with the 'behind the scenes' Deep Purple footage on the recent California Jam DVD. But hey, I'll take that over nothing at all :thumbup:

Hopefully, as others have said, it'll be made public one day - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed on that one :p

• The three piece played on a show called Disco 2 (on BBC2). It was presented by Richard Williams and was the forerunner of the OGWT. I'm pretty sure the song I saw them playing was Medusa.

• Quote from chutsler

The five man line-up appeared on 'Colour Me Pop'.........I have in my possession a video-cam copy of one of their reunion shows from '94... :thumbup:

Hi Chuck, I was with Mel yesterday, and he reckons as far as he knows, there is only some super 8 cine which photographer Carl Dunn took and may stil have. Which show do you have from '94 as this is probably really rare, we certainly would like to see that!

Cheers, Hackney

• Quote from hackney

Hi Chuck, I was with Mel yesterday, and he reckons as far as he knows, there is only some super 8 cine which photographer Carl Dunn took and may stil have. Which show do you have from '94 as this is probably really rare, we certainly would like to see that!

Cheers, Hackney

Sure would be nice if those old Super 8's would surface someday.

Hey Chuck....is your video of that '94 show, St. Louis?
    I have the St. Louis video. I've yet to come across any video from other cities on that tour.

Chip

Chip

• chip is that the one where they are playing on a revolving stage?

• Hi Tony -

Yes, the St. Louis show was in-the-round.
    It's also the show where the last two encore songs can be heard but not seen because of everyone standing up in front of the camera.

I was in the second row with virtually the same vantage point as the person who taped it. So he must have been just a few rows behind me.

Chip

Chip

• i thought that was what everone was talking about - i have a ufo show from chicago like that but i never saw anyone with a camera

• There also is some video footage from 1972 when Trapeze played in Forth Worth, Texas (could also be Oklahoma, I'll have to check).

cheers,

- Fedor

• Hackney and Chip, sorry it's taken me so long to respond but sometimes I forget to check for replies to my posts. First off, I was incorrect.....it isn't '94, it's '92.....March 11 to be exact. It was at the Robin Hood in Brierly Hill and was taken by a mate of mine named Will Johnston (whom I've lost contact with throught the years). I'll get around to transferring it to dvdr someday.

• I'm sure Hackney and myself will forgive you for taking so long to respond.......as long as you don't take as long making that dvd-r and getting copies to us ;) :lol:

Chip

Chip

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!