Ronnie Montrose & GAMMA

• For whatever reason, I've never given Gamma much thought. But this past week I've been spinning them heavily, and they are a revelation. What a great hard-rocking band, with lots of delicious guitar goodness! Much better than Ronnie's more well-known band Montrose, IMO. Davey Pattison, who hasn't wowed me with either Robin Trower or Michael Schenker, sounds fantastic with Gamma. There are some real gems in songs like "Razor King", "Wish I Was", "Skin and Bone"...and Ronnie proves himself one of the most tastefully creative guitarists out there. Anyone else here into Gamma?

Cheers...Todd

• Yeah, Gamma was a pretty cool band.

"Razor King", "I'm Alive, "Thunder And Lightning", "Wish I Was" off of Gamma 1 got heavy rotation on the radio back in St. Louis. Also " Four Horsemen" off of Gamma 2.

Thanks for the reminder. Will have to dust them off and give them a spin.

Chip

Chip

• .....nice to share that with us!!

Gamma is one of my all time favourite bands, got all the cd's and even some bootlegs / tourbook.

Good songs, excellent guitar & keys, singer , drummer the band had it all....

The Schenker/Pattison jam CD's are not a good introduction to Pattison...nor is some of his work with Trower (tho the last CD & DVD with Pattison are quite good)

• Wow - a blast from the past - I love Gamma - I've only got "The Best of Gamma" on CD but I used to play them non-stop when I was a teenager - my brother had their stuff on vinyl - loved "Meanstreak" and "Voyager"!

I love Montrose - listened to 'Montrose' the other day - 'Rock Candy' one of my all time favs!
    Sammy Hagar :bow:

• I don't know much about Montrose, but I heard that two of the members, vocalist Sammy Hagar and drummer Denny Carmassi joined Van Halen and Heart respectively. Also Denny Carmassi played with Coverdale/Page and Whitesnake.

Ayesha

• Gamma have been a constant on the stereo for many years now in our house. "Fight to the Finish" and "Ready For Action" (from Gamma 1) are some of the best rockers ever. Had the chance to see them a few times, once opening for Van Halen (w/ David Lee Roth) at Nassau Coliseum where they were tremendous even in the huge arena. Tremendous doing smaller venues though,
    Anyone with a chance to pick some up really should...

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• their cds are a little hard to find (still have my vinyl) saw them in bolingbrook illinois at an indoor amusment park -cant think of the name right now

• Quote from tony g

their cds are a little hard to find (still have my vinyl) saw them in bolingbrook illinois at an indoor amusment park -cant think of the name right now

All the CDs have been remastered and are available at Amazon currently...but NOTHING beats vinyl :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• i was thinking about finding them in the shops frank -the internet is something else

• Don't know how many copy's of vinyl I've worn out! Finally have Gamma 1 2 3 4 on CD. The guy that did the #2 album cover won some kind of award for it? Saw Gamma a couple times..love Davey's voice. Was floored when I first saw Trower and who was at the mic?!!
    RONMON ROCKS!:clapper:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!