Hughes/Thrall 2 due in 2007

• Hot on the heels of the news that HUGHES/THRALL will be getting a remastered re-release this year, we received some even more thrilling news from GLENN today!

GLENN and PAT THRALL are working closely together again and plan on releasing the long-awaited, HUGHES/THRALL 2, in early 2007. Currently, there will be 9 songs in total and in late February/early March, they will be going into the studio to record 7 brand new songs and also to re-record 2 others (that have seen the light of day before) as part of some demos recorded back in the day and had ended up on bootlegs, which we're sure some of you have heard before!

A couple of months later, in May, they will finalize and mix the new recordings in Los Angeles, so it will be completed by the Summer. Again, it will see a release early on in 2007.

This is great news - so expect a heavy, almost metal, super funk rock record!!

Meantime and to tide us over, one or two officially unreleased but re-recorded songs (!!) will appear exclusively on the HUGHES/THRALL remastered release.

• .....this is good news.....I wonder how this came about after so many years...who'll be the drummer...what label....hotd**mn, this is even a better feeling than a Purple mk III reunion.....

• This is fantastic news, although I'm looking forward to Glenn's new album more than anything, it is great to hear that the two of them are finally working together again.

• Super duper news, which apparently comes as a result of the Hughes/Thrall remaster, yes? Hopefully this will put some closure to the Hughes/Thrall saga, and make a fine companion piece to the first album.

Cheers to Glenn and Pat for giving it another go - and Godspeed!

Todd

• A number of good things have happened to me in the past week and lately that have thrilled and touched and inspired me and this just keeps the " oh wow!"good karma flowing. (Ill explain in off topic later) Best wishes on this project Glenn and Pat!

John

• Good news indeed it will be interesting to see what they come up with this time .

I hope they get a good deal with lots of promo and that Chad plays on the new tracks.

Is this asking for to much? probably, anyway Iam really looking forward to hearing this album :cool:

• oh my god, oh my god, ooo eck, flippi eck, jeeeeeeeeez, get outtta here........

please lets hope it happens this time.......please

• I wish Glenn and Pat the very best of luck since both of them made an album together before in 1982, and that Pat played on Glenn's 1995 album "Feel". I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Ayesha

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!