Yngwie and Michael Schenker

• Shane Galaas, who played for both guitarists did play on the Hughes-Turner Project recently. He is the drummer and percussionist on their album.

Ayesha

• Hi,
    I don't know about Schenker, but back in 82/83 - Glenn told this story when he was in Finland first time with HTP - when Yngwie had just released his first solo album and he was putting up a band. Yngwie's management had contacted Glenn's management with idea that perhaps those 2 could work together. Meeting was planned and if I remember correctly Glenn went to meet Yngwie. When those 2 met, Yngwie was sitting or lying on his sofa and his first comment to Glenn was:"There is a bass guitar, show me what you can do". As you might imagine - Glenn turned around and they've never met since...:)

Joe had some similar stories to tell...:)

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T:)
    T:)

• Quote from jerklund

..........and his first comment to Glenn was:
    "There is a bass guitar, show me what you can do".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Michaelangelo.........show me some drawings.
    Hey Einstein..........add up these numbers.
    Hey Newton..........go get an apple.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, Tero, that in many societies where metal objects
    are at a premium, A BASS GUITAR CAN EASILY BE USED
    to transform an annoying person into "a puddle of porridge."

(Thanks for the VERY FUNNY STORY.)
    Grace

• Well, I'm appalled! I like yngwie's music but,HOW DARE HE DO G THat WAY!!!!! Out of all the lead singers he had and have except JLT, G would have really added some flavor to his music!!!! What an ego!!!! :mad:

• Yeah Jersey, the nerve :mad: :mad: :mad: of anybody to say that to GH.

But the beauty of this story is that Glenn,

"who's mama didn't raise her baby to fall off no turnip truck"

knew the perfect "answer" to this insult.

• wow what a story!! I mean Yngwie being a huge Blackmore fan he must have admired Glenn in a way.

Being a little bastard of 20 talking like that to one of your heros.... :huh:

This guy keep surprising me....

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!