Moonstone Project release date

• April 24
    Moonstone Project
    - Time To Take A Stand. The first real hard rock event of the year has arrived! Featuring Ian Paice, Glenn Hughes, Carmine Appice, Kelly Keeling, Paul Shortino, Steve Walsh and more, this album is the culmination of a dream for Italian guitarist Matt Fillipini and what a dream!

• Thanks Martial, that's a good new, finally it is released :clapper::bouncer:
    I can't wait to get it

Pere

• Hi Guys!!

At last we have an official release date! ;)

Glenn sings on "Rose In Hell" & "Where Do You Hide The Blues You've Got", both songs with Ian Paice on drums...

I think that Glenn did an awesome job on these 2 piece of music....very inspired...he's just the best singer we have on Planet Earth! I love you big Daddy! Also it's great to have Paicey playing on the same tracks :bow: It was magic to hear the final result in the studio....very MK3 atmosphere, very free songs....!

I would be so happy to be on stage once with Glenn & Ian one day....I think it could be killer....emotional....

You can hear a sample from "Rose In Hell" on http://www.moonstone.it Check the sample player there...

Anyway...there will be different tracklist for different countries with some bonus material too....
    Also we're planning to do some launch shows somewhere....

Keep u posted

Big hugs
    Matt

• Ciao Tero!!
    how are u dong mate??? ;)

Yes...I would love to be on stage with them...just for a night....'cause they're both FANTASTIC human beings....i love you Paicey & Big Daddy....and I know that would be magic.....

Cheers
    Matt

• Hi folks
    Moonstone Project “Time To Take A Stand” finally released after 3 years of waiting::::eek:
    It’s really a “labour of love”…it’s just rock’n'roll….
    Hope you like it….
    I think there's two special great vocal gems of the BIG DADDY (love ya)....
    If you like, let me know what do u think about the cd

Cheers
    Matt Filippini
    http://www.moonstone.it/

• Matt - I got my promo this morning and all I can say is WOW! What a great bunch of songs, and what an impressive collection of musicians! Our very own Satan plays on 'Not Dead Yet' with his buddy Graham Bonnet and then you got Eric Bloom, Ian Paice, Chris Catena and my mate James Christian! All this, not to mention Glenn!
    I'm blown away.
    Good luck with the album. You deserve it!

:claphands :bow:

• Quote from Sue

Matt - I got my promo this morning and all I can say is WOW! What a great bunch of songs, and what an impressive collection of musicians! Our very own Satan plays on 'Not Dead Yet' with his buddy Graham Bonnet and then you got Eric Bloom, Ian Paice, Chris Catena and my mate James Christian! All this, not to mention Glenn!
    I'm blown away.
    Good luck with the album. You deserve it!

:claphands :bow:

HEY SUE!
    THANKS A LOT....GLAD YOU LIKE IT
    IT'S A TRUE LABOUR OF LOVE....I THINK IT'S AN HONEST R'N'R CED ISN'T IT?
    ALSO....THANKS TO GOD IT'S SELLING WELL :D
    MANY HUGS
    MATT

• Finally its available!

Absolutely outstanding stuff, my friend!
    It totally fulfills all my expectations regarding production, performance and songwriting :thumbup::thumbup::claphands

Great stuff, mate, keep it up!

cheers, Achim

• Thanks Achim...
    really happy.

Yes...i'm pre-producing my 2nd cd....
    Dunno what to expect ;)
    Everytime is a very istinctive process!

Cheers
    Matt

• The Moonstone Project CD arrived yesterday and I've been listening to it constantly since. Projects like this, involving multiple vocalists, tend to either be inconsistent or bland. Fortunately, this album is neither. It grooves along nicely and is solid with high-quality material. The performances are superb: the guitarist plays with a warm, consistent feeling and doesn't go off noodling about and there's loads of Hammond organ (my favorite) that blends with the guitars perfectly. The singers all put in spirited performances as well.

Things kick off, unexpectedly, with a little swampy acoustic guitar and the bluesy riff of "Slave of Time". Great song with Kelly Keeling on lead vocals.

Then we get "Not Dead Yet" with a riff reminiscent of Rainbow/Deep Purple. I've always liked Graham Bonnet and he doesn't disappoint here. His vocals are positively acidic and really capture the tone of the lyrics. My only complaint is the vocals on this track seem to have been mixed a little low in comparison with the other songs on the CD.

Next we get a cover of Free's Fire & Water. As a HUGE Free fan, I shudder whenever someone covers a Free song. How can one improve upon perfection? But they do a fine job on the song even though I prefer the original.

Glenn puts in 2 terrific performances (Rose in Hell and Where Do You Hide the Blues You've Got) and his velvet voice really adds a dimension of soul and passion. The 2 songs are strong on their own but Glenn's voice just kicks them up a level. Ian Paice is instantly recognizable on the drums too.

Beggar of Love is funky, bluesy and fun. Cock-rock for the new millenium?

The biggest surprise for me was hearing Steve Walsh belt out "City of Lites". Its easily my favorite song on the album. I don't think I've ever heard a song this heavy be so melodic. I think this could have been tried as a single. Big applause for the writers of this track (and Steve Walsh) :claphands

This a must-get CD. So far the best release of 2006 and I really hope this gets some promotion. It will be a crying shame to see an album of this quality fade away unnoticed :thumbup:

Brian

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!