• Does anyone know what happened to Cry Of Love who released two albums in the early and mid 90's? I bought both of these when they were released - "Brother" and "Diamonds and Debris", both of which are fantastic, then they seemed to disappear without a trace. Each album had a different singer, Kelly Holland and Robert Mason again both great vocalists. I would love to know if they went on to release material with other groups!
    :huh:

• Loved this band I used to play a couple of there songs in a band i was in and they always went down really well.

Unfortunatley have not heard of them since the mid 90's
    :huh:

• Cry of Love was one of my fave bands of the nineties. I vividly remember a gig from 1994 with Kelly Holland... incredible Stevie Wonder cover he did. Never heard from him again...
    Audley Freed played with the Black Crowes for a few years, although with the Crowes he never reached as high as with the C.o.L.... If I'm not mistaken he wrote a song for Glenn a few years ago which didn't really fitted onto the album so it was shelved...

cheers!

- Fedor

• I've got the CD featuring Robert Mason that is mentioned in the last paragraph on RockDetector.com. It came out last year and is a very 80's "hair metal" sounding CD. I like it, but it's totally different than Mason's Cry of Love CD, "Diamonds & Debris."

• Yeah

This is a band that had a lot of potential. Even with the singer change from cd 1 and cd2 they kept true to their sound. Last I had heard Kelly Holland was singing in a cover band in the Carolina's. Sad, this band should've been so much more....

Maz

• Great band!! I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times, once on Long Island and once in London. I even managed to pick up a few good quality boots of them.
    They were one of Ritchie Blackmore's favourite bands.
    There's a good fansite for them at http://www.cryoflove.co.uk/
    Lets hope they get around to reforming.

Rob

• Sas Jordan auditioned for the front spot.
    Neither side were too comfortable with the idea.

• Robert Mason is now singing in a band with the former guitar player from King Kobra (David Michael Phillips). The band is named....believe it or not....BIg Cock. The album is called year of the cock. I'm not making this up folks.....

• Quote from CapnCrunch55

Robert Mason is now singing in a band with the former guitar player from King Kobra (David Michael Phillips). The band is named....believe it or not....BIg Cock. The album is called year of the cock. I'm not making this up folks.....

That is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

John

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!