Bulgaria New Year's Set list

• Kavarna, Bulgaria, December 31st 2005
    audience - 6000

Glenn Hughes' set list:

(23.30 on December 31st 2005 - 0.00 on January 1st 2006)

Stormbringer
    You Keep On Moving
    Burn
    Smoke On The Water

:ghcp:

• Best wishes to everyone on this board :D

Wow great to read Glenn played to a crowd of 6.000 people.
    I thought he would do a full show and not just 4 songs. Did any other artists play on this eve?

• David, Smoke On The Water is in the list, because Deep Purple is an extremely popular rock band in Bulgaria. In fact, Deep Purple is the best all time rock band here. That's why there are many Purple songs in Glenn's set lists when he is here.

But...
    Glenn, if you read this - We, your fans in Bulgaria, like very much all your songs. Purple M3/4 songs, Trapeze songs and your solo stuff. For example, all my friends and I love very, very much Seafull and Written All Over Your Face (my favourite song) :)

Dear friends, Glenn said he would come in Bulgaria again this summer and I am very happy :)

• Glenn Hughes was enraptured with Cape Kaliakra, John Lawton learnt to speak Bulgarian

Glenn Hughes promised to shoot the clip to his new album on Cape Kaliakra

Superstars from world famous bands saw in the New Year in Kavarna (northern Black Sea coast).

Legends John Lawton, former vocalist of Uriah Heep, and Glenn Hughes, ex-bassist of Deep Purple, played in the main square of the beautiful seaside resort. Each of them made a 40-minute show before some 600 fans from Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Dobrich. A group of Israeli admirers arrived especially to applaud the performer of the unforgettable hit July Morning. Famous Bulgarian bands BTR and Signal as well as Maria Slaneva and popular Serbian band Underground-Salievic joined the event and entertained the audience in the first hours of 2006.

"I wish love, peace and happiness to all of you. Let the Bulgarians love each other, let them be together and feel free. The thing I always wish people is Love," said Glenn Hughes. He chose Kaliakra cape for the clip of his new album and promised that he would soon visit Bulgaria again.

Kavarna, which became famous for the shaking rock concerts, organized at the initiative of town's mayor Tzonko Tzonkov, is already planning how the resort is to welcome 2007 when Bulgaria is expected to become a EU member. The mayor of the town has already invited famous Swedish band Europe to give a concert on the eve of this key for Bulgaria's future year.

http://www.standartnews.com/archive/2006/0…glish/features/

• Each of them made a 40-minute show before some 600 fans from Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Dobrich.

It isn't true. The audience was 500-600 in the beginning of the concert, at 10.00 p.m.
    At 11.30 p.m. - 0.00 a. m., when Glenn was on the stage, the audience was several thousand (6 thousand is a good suggestion, but I didn't count each person :))

Bulgarian band, B.T.R and ex-Uriah Heep vocalist, John Lawton were also on the bill.

And several other Bulgarian rock bands before 11 p.m. and after 0.00 a. m. on January 1st

• Quote from Ko

Is Kotoohshu, a great young Bulgarian professional sumo wrestler, as famous as Deep Purple in Bulgaria? :D

Ko, we love very much ozeki Kotoohshu, the next yokozuna :) He and Vesko Topalov, the world chess champion, are the most popular bulgarian sportsmen. We all will watch sumo on-line the next two weeks :)

• Thanks for the summary and photos - fantastic, whoever took them :thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!