• Thursday December 15, 2005 in Estero, Fl, JLT will be part of 96 K-Rock's Benefit for the Entwistle Society and the victims of Hurricane Wilma, of which our own Kenny and Cookie were a part.
    Joining JLT will be Robin Zander, Mike Reno, Brian Johnson and Buck Dharma among others. Tickets are $25.00, and it sounds like it could be a great show.
    Glad to see JLT doing some shows outside of either NY/NJ or California. Reminds me of the incredible show GH did in Orlando in Summer '04 at the House of Blues with numerous freinds. Had a great night there with Kat (and her son) and Kenny and Cookie in what is still one of most eye-popping shows I have ever seen.
    Hope this one is just as good.
    JLT's website has some additional information.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hey Frank,

Sounds like a great night..and yes, it is great to have JLT in your backyard for a change! And on the 30th Anniversary of a certain concert in Tokyo too....;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Kat,
    It's just a quick run down South for you....sort of !!

• Hey Todd,

If that was a little bit closer to your corner of the world...would the Chip And Todd Traveling Road Show make an appearance? :cool:

In the summer of 1983, I was working in upstate NY as a cook at a YMCA camp. BOC and Uriah Heep were playing in Weedsport, about 2 hours from the camp. A group of us drove down to the show, one of whom was a BOC fan to the bone! Jerry was going on about how cool it would be if BOC opened with an oldie like "STairway To The Stars" but figured it would never happen... It must be noted that the Revolution By Night album had just been recorded.....apparently the band was in the mindset of "We don't have a new album to push just yet..let's give the folks a few surprises.."

Guess what they opened with...you would have paid to see the slack jawed look of amazement on Jerry's face!!:thumbup:

Yours In The Funk

• BOC plays at the State Theater in St. Pete this Saturday. Saw Montrose this summer at the venue and was leaning on the stage all night. Maybe 250 people, and the place holds a meager 550 for concerts. This will remind me of the "Soft White Underbelly" shows at 'My Father's Place' in Roslyn, NY from the 70s and 80s.
    I have seen BOC so many times that I can tell the next movement of each band member through the entire show. Believe it or not, this wil be show number 146 for me of Blue Oyster Cult and incarnations since 1973. I keep saying I am tired of the same old stuff, yet refuse to ever skip a show if they are within 150 miles of where I may be at the time. The to see Buck playing with JLT less tha two weeks later will be quite a treat. Wish I could catch the Lizards with joe in the NY/NJ area the week in between. With Bobby Rondinelli on drums, they are just a 'kick-in-the-pants' band.
    For all thos lucky Euros that get to see our Glenn so often, at least we get something fabulous in the US every once in a while.
    Capt. Midnight,
    January 7th at Jaxx in Arlington, VA you can catch a great show of your own...MSG with Leslie West. I had planned that one, but it is the one Saturday my wife needs to work over the past two years. I couldn't do that to her as she is a HUGE fan of MSG.

• Hello Frank,

I really need to subscribe to the Washington Post so that I can keep up with the entertainment options northeast of me here in the Valley. But thanks for the heads up!!

Glenn played at Jaxx in 2001 with George Nastos and Brian Tichy.

Yours In The Funk

• Quote from FCinnella

....... Believe it or not, this wil be show number 146 for me of Blue Oyster Cult and incarnations since1973.

Wow :eek: That's a bunch of BOC shows Frank.

Hey Todd....some fan you are, seeing them only 30 or so times :lol:

Chip

Chip

• CHip,
    That's because Todd must actually have a LIFE !!! Something I obviously do not have ;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!