• Jiihaa!!!

i got it yesterday - this version is my 5th...:) :) :) :)

AND IT IS SUPERB!!! Lay Down Stay Down isn't the best version of that song, BUT Glenn is being filmed a lot!!! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

8 mm bonus film is also very interesting!!!

proper review later...

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
    T:)

• ...I think they entered limos after they got out of Starship. I think it was Black Sabbath that entered the festival area by helicopter...I could be wrong though...perhaps Big Daddy could answer this?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T:)

• Hey, I don't care if they rode Shetland ponies to the site of the show!! ;)

*sigh* My shopping list grows ever longer!! :cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• This new version of Cal Jam DVD must have been edited by a GH fan!!! It is... 'THE GLENN HUGHES SHOW' with 4 supporting cast ..and its ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! :)
    Stay Fun(ky)
    Mikey D

• Quote from m.dowson

This new version of Cal Jam DVD must have been edited by a GH fan!!! It is... 'THE GLENN HUGHES SHOW' with 4 supporting cast ..and its ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! :)
    Stay Fun(ky)
    Mikey D

Now yer talkin' :bow: :bow:

Mine's ordered from DPAS but hasn't arrived yet ...:confused: :rolleyes: :( :bouncer:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Isn't that the way it is SUPPOSED to be !?!?!? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Who else would be the Super Star of the DVD ??

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Did anyone here in the US recently get an email from dpas saying basically...that it will be shipped starting Nov. 21st....if you still want the DVD, you have to reorder it?

I got that email several days ago but haven't acted on it yet. Not sure if it's coming or not :confused:

Chip

Chip

• Have not been able to acquire the DVD yet. Last night, though, I did get Blackmore's Night's new DVD. I will not give a full review, but will say one thing...buy it !!! Sat mesmerized for two hours at 1:00 AM watching and listening. Candice can sing and Blackmore is, well, Blackmore.
    It is just so hard to find anything new worth listening to anymore, and with Fused and Blackmore I am quite content over 2005s new releases :cool1:

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• :cool: :cool: :cool:
    It's always been a Glenn-show, I thought, simply because of the white suit, the hair and the shoes (and the singing and playing too, of course ;) )

I have ordered mine via cd-wow, awaiting delivery any day now.... and reading through al your comments, i really can't wait!!!
    :bouncer:
    Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• I am afraid of buying the old version thats out there,,also afraid of buying an incompatible copy for the USA,I know this has been discussed before,can someone help a brother out..i guess i will take a look at cd-wow. OK,cd-wow version is region 2 dvd ,,,,UK and Asia???...I need a new version for whatever region the US is. David where did you get yours? :huh:

• got my copy 2 days after release (http://www.powerplaydirect.com/ £9.99 incl postage) and played it thru a couple of times plus the bonus stuff. what is interesting is what was edited out from the original BBC video i bought all those years ago. All the references between songs about "where's the sunset" and "its going dark at last" etc are now there and show the bands displeasure about being forced on early. they flew by chopper to the show arriving at 6.30 expecting to play at 7.30 but where told to go straight on! The rest im sure you all know. the booklet gives quite a bit of info.

Glenn does get a lot of footage in a great version of Lay Down Stay Down. also in the alternate takes.

When my wife (who hadnt seen the video) saw Glenn her first comment was "LOOK AT GLENNS HAIR :eek: :eek:". then "LOOK AT HIS SUIT :eek:, HIS SHOES :eek:" then the usual "i love his voice" when he first lets rip in Burn :singer: :bow: :D :) :bouncer: :clapper: :thumbup:

All in all this is a great early Christmas present and you ALL MUST BUY IT!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Here is a cheaper, easy solution to the region code problem for those of you who have a DVD burner.... I'm assuming that there isn't enough new footage to make compression an audio quality issue. (I haven't recieved my copy yet) This software beats the new Sony copy protection too...

Larry- my DVD player is region free so come on over!

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video…pers/anydvd.cfm

• I JUST LOVE THE CAL JAM PERFORMANCE....
    ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVES...
    ITS KILLING ME NOT TO SEE THIS NEW ONE.....!!!!!!!!!! :sint3:

DAVID, WHY DOES IT SAY YOU ARE IN FLORIDA? YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA,RIGHT?

CANT WAIT TO GET DRUNK AND WATCH HOFFMAN !!!!!!!!!!!

• Wow, talk about a funky rock'n'roller :p

This thing sounds absolutely awesome what with the 5.0 Surround Sound, it's almost like hearing a whole different show - lots of little nuances that you hadn't been able to hear before. The extra camera angles also add to this effect. The archive footage is cool to have, but as is stated in the notes, not the greatest quality, but certainly a nice to have. The addition of a commentary option also gives lots of extra information that you may or may not have known about before, all done with a good sense of humour!

GLENN certainly gets some extra time which is great to see and hear! The previously missing Lay Down, Stay Down is just stupendous! Doesn't get any better than this!

The only disappointment is the picture quality, which I would expect of the archive footage, but the gig itself was a surprise. The old VHS we all have looks better, not quite as dated with a cleaner overall quality to it. BUT, having said that, with the stereo cranked to 11 and Dolby Digital surround selected, more than makes up for it.

So overall, a must have purchase and if you get it from dpas - a reproduction poster, ticket stub and backstage passes are all thrown in, which is a nice touch.

Get it while it's hot :cool:

• I heard about the poor picture issue on the newly released DVD. I was wondering if the cause could be because the concert was video taped using the NTSC system and then edited abroad on a PAL editing suite? Possibly the conversion from NTSC to PAL would cause a downgrade in picture quality. I have the NTSC Japanese laserdisc of the jam and the picture quality is sharp. Once I get the DVD I will have to compare the two discs.

-Fender Classic Player '50s Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 1988 MIJ STM Strat
    -Fender 2003 American Standard Olympic White Strat
    -Fender 2003 Highway One Sunburst Strat
    -Fender 2015 Deluxe Roadhouse Vintage White Strat
    -Warmoth Purple Black Burst Strat
    -Ibanez 1990 RG560 Grape Ice
    -Ibanez 2006 Prestige BTB1206E NTF 6 String Bass
    -Ibanez 2007 JEM7VWH
    -Ibanez 2013 UV70P-BK
    -Almansa A-413F Flamenco
    -NK Headless Purple Blue Burst

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!