• A review from February's issue of Classic Rock:

Vintage Burn era gig from Coverdale and co.
    Ardent Purple followers will forever be in conflict as to which of the band's numerous line-ups exemplified their sound, and for all Ian Gillan's unquestionable vocal abilities, this stunning live performance makes a sturdy case for this 1974, Coverdale-fronted Mk III version of the band.

Recorded at the California Jam, the renditions of Burn and the ubiquitous Smoke On The Water are passionate and capture the raw vigour that made the band such a startling proposition live. Yet it's the impulsive assault by a furious Ritchie Blackmore on a TV camera, during the Space Truckin' finale, that makes for jaw-dropping viewing and displays a spontaneity that bands like The Darkness would do well to adopt. 8/10

Rich Wilson

... and there'll be an article on Blackmore's Night in March's issue.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Thanks, David - impressive! :thumbup:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Speaking of guitar vs. tv camera, here's a photo of Mr. Blackmores' headstock retrieved from the jam stage. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=…id=279833373059

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!