Glenn covers

• Obviously it goes without saying that all of us GHCP anxiously await on the edge of our seats for new music fom Daddy! We all love his cover tunes as well! Anything from Georgia on my mind to the great Whiter Shade of Pale! Is there any song that you would like to hear the Boy sing?
    Sometimes things pop in my head... like, Live and Let Die, or Conquistador, Sittin' on the dock of the bay, Rock Candy.
    Glenn could sing the encyclopedia, I don't care.
    We all love you Glenn and Gabi!!!
    GHCP are the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow:

• Glenn could only sing Live and Let Die if he changed the irritating lyric of "in this ever changing world in which we live in" to the gramatically correct "ever changing world in which we live" or "in this ever changing world in which we're living", that lyric really gets on my tits! It's not a very good song anyway!

He could show Eric Clapton how to do a descent cover of Stevie Wonder's "I Ain't Gonna Stand For It".

He's never done a Beatles cover has he? Something like Helter Skelter would be kool.

I wanna hear his version of Misty Mountain Hop with Joey Cantrell's!! :mad: :mad:

• Once again...:rolleyes: (hint, hint Glenn) my vote for a cover song is Sly Stone's "If You Want Me To Stay".

Glenn, while you're recording at Chad's house in January, just take 5 or 10 minutes and lay this track down...get it in the post to me and all will be well :thumbup: ....:lol:

Seriously...Glenn could turn that tune into the most filthiest funk track you ever heard. It even has a great bass line that he could put his special touch on, with that effect he uses.

I'm done begging for now.....Please:bow: Please:bow: Glenn.

OK...now I'm done.

Chipmeister

• Chip - tsk tsk! Beese just finished lamenting the poor grammar of Sir Paul's "Live and Let Die" and now you have to go on raving about something that would be the "most filthiest". Really! :rolleyes:

Cheers...Todd

• Oh man..you two sound like a tag team cage grudge match between Mister Kotter and Professor Peabody.....C'mon Chip...put the sleeper hold on him already so we can cut to a commercial!! :p

All joking aside...

What may be inappropriate for everyday speech is seemingly OK for the lyrics to a rock song. The story goes that Pat Boone, back in his white buckskin, hit single heyday wanted to record a certain Fats Domino song and change the lyric to the far more grammatically correct "Isn't That A Shame" . Thankfully, that never happened!And we all know how Bill Haley And The Comets moved the "action' in the lyrics to "Shake Rattle And Roll" from the bedroom into the kitchen.....radio would never play the "dirty" version :eek:

Just a few observatins out here in "the sticks!" ;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hey Capt. -

If the sleeper hold doesn't work, I'll use the trusty 'ol figure four leg lock :D Besides, I was heavily medicated at the time I wrote that post........legally medicated I might add, due to a horrendous cold :sint1:

You hear about foreigners listening to song lyrics to learn English...I don't know how that ever worked, unless they were listening to Pat Boone, as you pointed out Capt.

Hey I just discovered our new metal guitar dude. A great addition to our house band at ghpg.net.

:guitarmet :drummer: :guitarist

Chip

• That's quite a band you put together there, Chip. You've got a punk-metal guitarist, a jazz drummer and apparently a flamenco backup guitarist. Looking for a genre that hasn't been tackled yet? :p

Cheers...Todd

• Quote from toadsterama

Chip - tsk tsk! Beese just finished lamenting the poor grammar of Sir Paul's "Live and Let Die" and now you have to go on raving about something that would be the "most filthiest". Really! :rolleyes:

Cheers...Todd

I can live with Chip's slip, I don't have to listen to it on the radio and no one's telling me it's an act of songwriting genius! :p :p

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!